Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My Mid West HAMB B Q car photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Apr 25, 2009.

1. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Bad storms were forecasted. Possible large hail. Turned cold but not windy. Never did storm yesterday. Very few Hambers showed up but they came from 5 states. The food was good, thank you to our host Jay--Nosurf. Several of them went on a morning breakfast cruise about 80 miles or so. I didn't go. Some were staying for the evening outdoor movie but not us. It was too cold for Mrs. Povertyflats. That pretty much sums up the day. Here is Jay's car which he has just gotten back on the road after an engine rebuild and an untimely accident. I like the well worn "patina" on the old spoon pedal.......GO FAST!<center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

<center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

3. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Check out Kerry's new FED and his cool 59 Plymouth wagon. Kerry built the trailer himself too. His fellow Vagabond club member Greezy is behind the wheel. I think he owns the 40 coupe in the background. <center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

4. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

<center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

5. surferfletch

surferfletch
    from FL

Wish I could have been there. One of these years... Thanks for posting the pictures.

6. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Great pics Paul! I can't believe I have missed the last 2:(:(

7. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Thanks for the pic's Paul. Troys 40 is looking cool as always. Looks like Kerry is certainly on the right track to another bad-ass ride. Always like seeing Jay and Jeffs coupes in the same place, a couple well tested war horses. Good to see the Hellraiser back on the road. Looks like everyone had fun. Nice job Jay. Gary

8. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Now thats a cool get together,Thats what its all about ,

good people good food and good cars,

Thanks for the post, I feel a little like I was their.

9. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Thanks for the photos, Paul! Glad to see Jeff (Hiboy32) and his son made it down there in his coupe. He just put new headers and striaght pipes on it and said it was pretty loud :D Don't know when they were planning on coming home, but it had to be a pretty cool ride!
    Also great to see Dallas (Hellraiser) out with his coupe! I really wish I could have gone - had to work last night and just got back from Austin on Monday, so it wasn't in the cards....

Jay's coupe is looking really good - awesome car :cool:

Malcolm

10. Great pics, Thanks!

Yeah, it was a great weekend! Raven61 got a little bummed at getting busted to doing 96 in a 55 on the cruise to Marquette. His little roadster scoots!

11. Greezy

Greezy

Just got home from the HAMBBQ, as usual had a great time. Thanks Jay and Angie for putting this get together on, you are very gracious hosts. The cruise to Marquette was fun, and the Kansas Motorcycle Museum was fantastic, if you ever get a chance it is highly recommended. Kerry didnt break anything this year...:D We all cruised to Kuntz's Drive In Friday night and closed the place down....excellant chocolate malts...mmmmm. This little run that Jay puts on is on my permanent schedule. It was good being able to visit with friends in such a relaxed atmosphere.

I had gotten the drag car bug out of my system, till Kerry showed up with his digger project. Oh yeah that thing fits like a glove.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  12. those are some excellent pics paul , looks like yall had a great time ..

13. Old F.A.R.T.

Old F.A.R.T.

Thnaks for the pics....my Impy was down for mods to the steering but GOOD news is I finished it today and am ready for rod season...SEE YA ALL ON THE ROAD

14. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

As usual. we all had a great time! What a great time, the weather hardly slowed us down. We even put up with a couple of showers during the Barn Theater movie time. It really felt good to make the trip in the coupe. Thanks to all those that helped put this on.

15. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Good Lord!!! No wonder Dorthy and Todo disappeared for a while. Welcome to Kansas, if you don't like their weather, just wait a few hours, it'll change..and it did big time.:(

First of all, thanks again Jay for the hospitality, I do enjoy coming down.:)

Ok kids...Where to begin..I went down on Friday afternoon. Temp around 87 degrees, and windy..VERY WINDY...Pulled some pork with Jay till the rest of the group showed and they pitched in. Friday night, the wind was still howling.:(

BBQ 001.jpg

Kerry, if you're going to sleep with the barn door open, at least bring another sleeping bag for the next person. There you were all nice and comfy and I was generating my heat by shivering.:eek:

Greezy..."I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express...NOT". I'll post that pic I took of you Sat morning before you got up.:D

BBQ 011.jpg

[

Mike...You're going to have arms that look like Popeye if you keep on cranking on that "T".;)

Poor ole Robin..If they were giving out awards. he would have been the recipiant of the "Hard Luck" award. But at least we now know, the sherriff down there is NOT H.A.M.B. friendly.:eek:

BBQ 017.jpg
    BBQ 021.jpg
    BBQ 014.jpg

I read on the news since I've been home, that that one town over near where we ended up did have a tornado touch down. That must have been early this morning.:eek:

That little town of Marquette is pure Americana. That was really worth the drive over there.:)

BBQ 024.jpg

[
    At the park BBQ. Well Paul, FINIALLy got to meet up with you and your Mrs.

Greg. I did take that kid back to town in the HellRaiser, after the party broke up. I recon that pretty much made his day from the looks of the smile on his face when I let him out. I did goose it a few times for him. I knew he'd like that for a memory.

Bill, I'm glad you were there to. Wish you could have stuck around a little longer and shot the Bull. See if you can make it over to Breeder's Rust Revival the end of May, you'll like it.

TSquare, glad to have met you, but didn't get to vist with you much of any.

One thing about this gathering, there sure isn't any woosies when it comes to driving the rides down country dirt roads, or in bad weather.

This morning left with Highboy 32 in and out of the light rain. We split at the intersection of Hwy 15 and 36. I chickened out, I stopped for a while in Washington and let some real heavy rain to the west and north pass, but when I started out again I really got caught up in it about 15 miles north of Washington. I had heavy rain off and on the rest of the way home. So I guess I could say I rode her hard and put her away wet.

But it was worth it. I'm sort of a loss for words to describe all the kudos that happend this week-end. I wonder who had the better time Friday night, the little kids in their tents, or us older kids.

BBQ 006.jpg

[

What ever,,,,It was a good time, had by all. FOR THE FUN OF IT

HellRaiser

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  16. butch27

butch27

Is that blue '27 coupe a HAMB members?

17. Greezy

Greezy

Yup that belongs to Beemer. Not only a Hamber, but the new member of the KS chapter of the Vagabonds.

18. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

[​IMG]

nice hot rod. I bet that cost you quite a bit? where did you ever get such a cool ride? you made the missus ride around in that thing!!!!

19. Greezy

Greezy

Heres a few pics from the museum.

Attached Files:

20. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Bobwop, thanks for letting me trade you out of that T bucket. Still can't believe how fast that car is. A real blast to drive. But my wife does not ride in it....

21. great pics paul,nice to see jays car back on the road!!

22. 2muchstuff

2muchstuff
    from Eastern KS

Thanks Jay for taking the time to put together a great event and of course for the BBQ. The weather might have been a little suspect, but it turned out ok. It's always good to get together and catch up with all the latest projects. I promise next year to bring a Hamb-worthy car.

BTW - we'll take care of that sick looking pink shock on your coupe real soon..:cool:

23. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

that's beemer's.

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks for sharing those photos. Looks like everyone had a great time!

25. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

THanks for sharing...

26. Butch M

Butch M

cool pic's thanks.

27. NoSurf

NoSurf

Wow. What a great weekend.

Thanks so much to everyone that made the trip. I really appreciate you taking the time and effort to come to the BBQ. And especially thanks to everyone that helped out, either buy donating to help defray the cost or bringing something to share or just helping out where it is needed. That's what makes it so special I think.

Here's a few pics I took for now. I will add some more tonight.

On Friday Mike barnfindT got the barn find T running again after he diagnosed the faulty condensor in the Atwater-Kent dizzy.

[​IMG]

My buddy Alex drove his very nice '56 chevy belair 4 door up from Wichita. Here he is with his adorable daughter Greer trying on Kerry's digger for size:

[​IMG]

Sunday morning we worked on Todd "Hotstuff"'s '29 dodge, got it running after a year of hard work on his part, and drove it around the farm. it was comfy and runs great:

[​IMG]

The last guest left this morning and now I am at work.

[​IMG]

Again- thanks so much to everyone for coming out, I am very thankful that I have a home that I can open up for my friends, and we can hang out and eat some good bbq and talk about cars and drive them around.

Make your plans for next year, sometime the end of April.

28. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

keep 'em comin' buddy.

29. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

My calander is already marked! I cant wait, I am hungry

Thanks Jay and your family for opening up your house and putting up with all of our baggage.

It was too cool to see you coupe on the road!

30. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Who was that kid hanging around all day? Is that the one you gave a ride to Dallas?