Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Southwest Nostalgia Drags HAMB Gathering in Arizona 3/14/09

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 49Flatty, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Kerry67

Kerry67

I am hoping to be there with the 56 Chevy Wagon.......

2. Good idea.
    Maybe we'll hold one there in August. It won't be 110 deg. THERE ,will it?

3. SDFastOne

SDFastOne
    from Pierre,SD

It won't be that cold, maybe at night. :D

4. Anyone else plan on attending?

5. BiggMike

BiggMike

Hey guys sorry I dropped the ball on this. Not going to make any excusses.

Mike

6. Mike

Mike

Well, It looks like I'll most likely be running the '64 Dodge. This car was run by Tsquared and a few other mid west hambers at the HAMB Drags a couple of years ago under the "HAMBCHRGERS II" name. The car has a strong 413, Torqueflight, 3.92 posi 8 & 3/4" rear end and Radir cheater slicks. This should be a hoot.

7. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

Another BTT
    It sounds like were going to have a good number of HAMB'ers Showing & Racing-----lookin forward to meeting you all------see ya Saturday....Spike

8. Theopwk

Theopwk
    from Spokane WA

Ill be there. Who do I need to talk to when I get there to park in the Hamb area?

9. I should B there also with another roadster comin with me.

10. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

Theopwk,
    follow the signs to the car show area tell the guy's directing the car show area traffic that you want to park in the HAMB area, 49flatty and Az/Willis are hosting that area for us, Look for the banner on the back of the grandstands and pop-up canopy. See Ya Saturday....Thanks, Spike

11. Glen

Glen

Looking forward to Saturday.

I was struggling to tune the 750 vac. secondary carb that was on the car. It was lean and I couldnt get it to run strong thru the top end. I ordered a new 4150 from Pro Systems and it is calibrated to my motor. I slapped it on Saturday and noticed a big difference on the freeway and W.O.T.
    I took it to Pro Dyno today and Charles dialed in the timing and fuel mixture. and picked up another 60 horsepower on top of what I already picked up with the carb swap.

Very imressed with Pro Systems, their customer service is great and he offers a 24/7 tech line, call him from the track and he will help you tune.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UpLDnFOy7WU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UpLDnFOy7WU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Attached Files:

12. jerry

jerry

As if you needed more power!

See you at the track.

jerry

13. Man - This is gonna rock. I just wish my car was running well enough for the track. Oh well, she will be a spectator this year. Looks like its going to be a great turn out. I will be there early setting up.

14. hellboundfive-O

hellboundfive-O
    from AZ

I will be there as well. Unfortunately only as a spectator. The Pickle (my '50 Poncho) is getting some engine work done. I will make sure to come over and say hey.

15. CadillacSkippy

CadillacSkippy
    from Tucson

I have a ProSystems 4150 on my 472 and love it. I have yet to even tune it to my car cuz i bought it used and it still made a tremendous difference over the plane holly, but i did not know about their hotline i will be calling for sure now.

16. Kerry67

Kerry67

Is it just drags or is there a swap or anything ?

17. Gotta miss it this time. My annual tear down before my trip to Austin for the Lone Star Round Up. And I am hosting an open-house for the Over the Hill Gang.

But I intend on being there for Barchak's race. Should be able to break out of the 12 second doldrums once and for all!

18. It's all on here, except for the Surfside IV concert:
    [​IMG]

19. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

....and JHRD?

20. lateralus

lateralus
    from Oklahoma

ill definitely be there, hopefully with my grandfather and his A sedan.

21. Spike? I'm handling your T-shirt concession for ya, buddy

Check out our new shirt design:

[​IMG]

or the original one:

[​IMG]

22. Mike

Mike

Rats! The Dodge has developed a pronounced knock, not sure if it's in the engine or trans, either way, no racing for that heap until I sort this out.

So,I reckon I'll be racing "Thumper" (orange '57 Chevy gasser) once again this weekend.

See ya'll there

23. I shall be there, even after the lil set back for the first test drive.:rolleyes: I guess I found the weekest link. better now rather Sat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. The more I look at that the more shocking of a failure that is. LOL

It really looks like the rear end just froze up and the engine just twisted it like taffy. Get one built by Dick's Driveshaft, they use steel instead of silly putty for their shafts.

25. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

It's my youngest boys BD party Saturday, over at 1. I can be out there by 2.......anything going on by then? How long are eliminations roughly, any idea?

26. Took it to Dicks and he about died laughing, the whole shaft is twisted entire length. They are building me a new one picking it up from him today.

27. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Now I KNOW they GOTTA have some funny t-shirts.....

28. They do, some are a little X rated!

29. 4-5 pm , but we'll be there til beer:30