Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Project - 29 Chevy 2 door

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by snelson57, Nov 21, 2008.

1. mink

mink
    from CT

did ya check oout the pdf?

2. valkokir

valkokir
    from DeKalb, IL

Sounds like the windshield is just held down by gravity. If the regulator were in there it would not move at all by nature of the design.
    View of regulator with windshield channel and loops. as viewed standing in front of the car facing windshield.
    1. Up position
    2. Cranked partially up
    3. cranked all the way up (closeup of drivers side)
    4. cranked all the way up (flipped over to show the handle shaft.

The piece of wood for the regulator board is a pretty intricate piece like most of the woodwork in the car. it's relieved for all the inner workings of the mechanism. If it's not clear, the regulator mounts to the header board (chevy calls it the regulator board). to replace the glass you remove the 4 screws Nash mentions and remove the whole regulator.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  3. valkokir

valkokir
    from DeKalb, IL

That's a pretty slick truck. I bet people don't look past the kick ass wood wheels to notice the disc brakes. Hard to justify tearing that thing up from what it is. nice work.

4. I bought a complete 30 chevy sedan and I know where there is a windshield roll assembly that I bet you could buy. I sold my fenders and lots of parts to an old fella not to far from where I live, and in that bunch was the windshield reg. I sold a lot of original that I am sure I could have him send pics, possibly sell. Let me know!

5. 31ratcoach

31ratcoach
    from rolla

ive just got a 29 2 door sedan coach will it have the option of the roll up window?i dont have a dash or a window frame i thought the window just rocked outwards

6. 31ratcoach

31ratcoach
    from rolla

also if i chop the top on my 29 would that affect the roll up window

7. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I don't know if it was an opption or standard.
    The chop won't effect it.
    Look on the inside, above the whindshield to see if there is a crank handle, a crank shaft, or any gears left and right.

8. mudbog42

mudbog42

Great find, I would love to have an old chevy like that...but then again, I am a chevy guy...

9. snelson57

snelson57

Well, weather finally broke in SE WI.

Car sat all winter in my unheated/uninsulated shop. I didn't even disconnect the 6V.

I changed the oil last week. Actually to say changed the oil would be a bit of a stretch - most of it was on the floor, anyway:eek:. Got in started it up. Runs like a top.

Proceeded to put 40-50 miles on in in the last few days around town shaking it out. Other than some oversloppy steering (drag link appears to be the culprit), a passenger door window that opens by itself at the rate of about one inch per mile and a severe lack of ummph - this thing runs really well! Starts just about instantly every time and hasn't stranded me yet.

Plan is to drive it stock this summer. Collecting for a mechanical rebuild next winter (hopefully):

- 12 V wire harness (Check - brand new on local craigslist)
    - 5 bolt Chevy rims (Check - full set of 51 chevy w/ dog dish caps and trim rings - CL scores again)
    - S10 rear ( just lined one up off another guys project on saturday - he is going to a 9 inch ford)
    - 49 - 54 chevy front spindles / brakes - ( planning to scavenge off a local 51 chevy parts car this summer)
    - 235 inliner (the 51 has a 216 in it, but I may hold out for a 235)
    - T5 ( may settle for a 3 speed depending on what I find for a motor)
    - MAS drop axle
    - master cylinder, etc........

10. snelson57

snelson57

Took some better pics of the car.

Let me know who is jealous of the interior.....Actually, it is kind of growing on me.

Attached Files:

• 463.JPG
      463.JPG
      File size:
      143.5 KB
      Views:
    • 464.JPG
      464.JPG
      File size:
      110.5 KB
      Views:
    • 466.JPG
      466.JPG
      File size:
      138.9 KB
      Views:
    • 468.JPG
      468.JPG
      File size:
      138.2 KB
      Views:
  11. snelson57

snelson57

Craigslist was good to me this fathers day weekend.

Was hoping to drive the car for the summer, but due to some additional issues with the safety of the car (wiring, etc) and my ever shortening shopping list, I have decided to go ahead and start taking the car apart in preparation for some updates.

Went Friday night and picked up a T5 out of an S10. It is the older NWC with the mechanical speedo - getting harder to come by...

And then, check out the 235 that I picked up on Saturday morning.

REPORTEDLY built about 15K miles ago by a local reputable speed shop.

Bored .030
    Mild cam
    Offy intake w/ dual rochesters
    Converted to 12V -starter,coil, I even got the chevy 1 wire alternator that was on it
    Totally plumbed, wired and ready to run

The owner took it out of his 57 chevy that he had a V8 and auto installed in. I picked up every thing that was pulled out of the 57 - trans, radiator, dual exhaust, clutch linkage, etc.

Pretty stoked that I found a motor already built and I dont have to spend months and many more $ chasing the pieces to wonder if it will all work together.

Attached Files:

12. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Love that engine! Hope to see it in person in 2 weeks.

13. t5stang91

t5stang91

nice score!!!!! so wisc here

14. snelson57

snelson57

Looking forward to it, Paul.

I'll be here. At this point, planning on going to Iola on Friday. We'll see if my job agrees.

I will pm you my cell #. If the car is running (a little carb issue on the 194 right now) we can take a ride. Otherwise, it may just be a shop tour and a beer...

Scott