Register now to get rid of these ads!

April 21st- 2nd Annual Kansas HAMB-B-Q and Reliability Run

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NoSurf, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Greezy

Greezy

Where'd the time go? Jay I hate to say Im not going to make it. For some reason I thought it was another week away....major brain fart. You guys all have fun.

2. dadgumb it. I'm up to my eyeballs in school work and the ol' lady is ill. shoot, is there anybody else from lawrence area?

3. cadillac daddyo

cadillac daddyo
    from wichita ks

well i got called in to work this morning:mad: maybe next year, any of you guys coming to flatland next weekend

4. rjb

rjb
    from ICT KS

add me to the list of MIA's, but I WILL BE AT THE FLATLAND JAM!!!

see yall there.

5. HotRodKitten

HotRodKitten

Just wanted to thank No Surf for a great time today. Great drive, lots of fun and couldn't have asked for better weather! Lots of pictures, hopefully someone will post some (I'm too lazy to find my camera).

6. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Had an awsome time!!! I also didnt take pics,not allowed to carry any electric items with me( I will ruin them). What a day. I only wish I had my coupe . I also wish that I could have spent more time getting to know some of the guys today, never enough time. of course I thought of things to ask about or talk about on the 3 hour drive home, oh well next time we are all together.

It was fun following the group of hot rods on those curvey roads, I could see the whole line of hotrods in front of me, what a day!

Also , thanks to all that donated to the raffle and thanks to Raven61 , that pic absolutly rocks!!

jeff

7. chicken

chicken
    from Kansas

Wow! Thanks Jay (NoSurf) and everyone who helped make the day a great success. We had a ball eatin' BBQ,bench racing,doing the reliability run,eatin' BBQ,bench racing.......with lots of other car stuff in between! The only bummer was when the Jiffy Pop burned on the camp stove.
    I still think we should have done a flat-out top speed run on highway 15 with that 40 mph tail wind.....

Chicken

ps- Kerry's car is FAST with the blower. I covet it.

8. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Hey Jay, thanks for a great day. Great food, great conversation, awesome bunch of cars and car guys and gals. Long trip but well worth it. You put on a great event! I hope everyone that can post some pics, should be some great ones.
    Thanks again, see ya next year!

9. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

OK..... where are the pictures?!?!

10. Thanks Jay!!! Great folks great food great time! Thanks also to Robin for the pic, It's sweet!

11. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Thank you from the poor folks at Poverty Flats. We haven't eaten that good in months. Jay probably raises his own hogs. The smoked pork was fresh! We didn't stay long but it was fun meeting some new people. The cars weren't half bad either.

12. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

13. NoSurf

NoSurf

I just want to thank everybody for coming. I hope you all had a great time like I did! I hope all those that didn't make it for some reason can make it next year.

I didn't take any pics either, but the image of all those cars lined up in fron tof the barn will be etched in my mind forever!

14. yblock292

yblock292

Lets start talking about another one this fall at my place, got 10 acres to park cars on do a 100 mile cruise through some really kool old Kansas towns, BBQ and a really kool cruise , got the guys looking at a tour route. Tell me what you think for a time

15. mongo51

mongo51

Jay thanks again buddy. Dad and I are still talking about it.Dad hated leaving early,but he had an emergency.His mom had fallin and was takin to the hospital.She is doing good but is a little burzed up.Also thanks for the door prize.Look forward to next year.Jack count me in as long as I'm not on duty.Great to meet everyone.
    later
    jeff

16. little howard

little howard
    from kcmo

Jay,
    It was nice meeting you,and the other guys, good food and good fun. John, and his brother Jay, and I got there a little late, and had to leave early, but, had a good time while there.
    thanks,
    Howard

17. Turbopackman

Turbopackman
    BANNED

Count me in, I should be moved to Wichita by this fall. I'd love to do it again.

18. Jay -

Thank you and your family for your wonderful hospitality!
    Here's a few pics of the first day at your place - StNick helping get the Barn Find T ready for the weekend.

Here she is, back in the stall where life was revived last year.
    [​IMG]

Installing the Head gasket.
    [​IMG]

Rear Cylinder exhaust valve a little burnt, Still runs GOOD!
    [​IMG]

StNick contemplating reading the service manual...
    [​IMG]

Lining up the holes...
    [​IMG]

Me taking the kids (Foster and Mason) for a ride...
    [​IMG]

And Parked in the HAMB-B-Q linup
    [​IMG]

We had a Great time, To all of those who took a ride in the T, I hope you had fun!!!

-mike

19. A Few Pics and Viedo from the HAMB-B-Q

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. stan292

stan292

Thanks for all the cool pics guys. GREAT stuff!

BTW - I noticed that all the photos I appear in were taken near the chow table. Hmmm, wonder if there's a message there? (-:

21. Looks like fun! next year .. really :(

22. RockyJr

RockyJr
    from Wichita KS

Sorry I missed it this year too...next year...soon as you set a date let me know Jay

23. chopshopboss65

chopshopboss65

We all had a blast....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

25. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

That picture said it all about the Run at Nosurf's place this past week end.

So we'll see more of ya all next year.

HellRaiser

26. What great shots of my son and is Papa!!
    Thanks for posting them-