THE H.A.M.B.

THE H.A.M.B. (http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Hokey Ass Message Board (http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Event Coverage Road Trip Revival: Part 4 (http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=741095)

Ryan 10-05-2012 06:33 AM

Road Trip Revival: Part 4

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/wp-cont...=569&zc=1&q=80

Norm and I pulled into Baltimore late on Friday evening. Our trip through the ghetto had us on edge, but we managed to dodge the "12:00 Boys" and make it to the host hotel in one piece. Our fir... <BR><BR>To read the rest of this blog entry from The Jalopy Journal, click here.

shivasdad 10-05-2012 06:45 AM

Re: Road Trip Revival: Part 4

Glad you guys are having fun. Safe cruising on the way home. Watch the weather, it's finally getting cooler down here.

hrm2k 10-05-2012 06:58 AM

I guess we should first thank you for taking the time to make the stop in Baltimore for this show. It was top notch without a doubt. It was fun meeting a bunch of people whom you have only read about. Guys like Dan Webb turned out to be just another car guy. Fun meeting you and Norm. You are correct about Curt ( I have underwear older than him ).
Baltimore is a pretty cool place and the Rodder's Journal did a real good job showing off a lot of the good parts.
Best part was no embarrassing HAMB stories for us locals.

I hope the rest of the trip was uneventfull.

thanks for including my car in your pics........

Ebbsspeed 10-05-2012 08:01 AM

Like one of the 12:00 Boys said: "It's an important sub-culture".

Sounds like it's alive and well in Baltimore.

Tman 10-05-2012 08:39 AM

Thanks for the shots and installments Ryan!

wally426ci 10-05-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbsspeed (Post 8228617)
Like one of the 12:00 Boys said: "It's an important sub-culture".

Sounds like it's alive and well in Baltimore.

I'm sure most of the country doesn't understand how this can basically be legal in a city. I didn't even think about warning newcomers to the fools "poppin woolie's in da screet".

typo41 10-05-2012 09:41 AM

Ryan, not to worry, Kodachrome will soon be available to replace your Plus -X film (I noticed you switched from your normal Tri-X for the cloud detail). Just remember to pick up all your old flash bulbs and film wrappers.

Ebbsspeed 10-05-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally426ci (Post 8228881)
I'm sure most of the country doesn't understand how this can basically be legal in a city. I didn't even think about warning newcomers to the fools "poppin woolie's in da screet".

So wheelies on ATV's, on the public streets, is legal in Baltimore? Are unlicensed vehicles even allowed on the streets, or do they actually register and license them there?

I was implying that hot rodding is an important sub-culture, using a quote from one of "da boyz", but I guess it was kind of an obscure reference.

silverdome 10-05-2012 09:55 AM

I like the Poli motor in picture #7 it appears to be in a '33-'34 Ford.

Ryan 10-05-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by typo41 (Post 8228908)
Ryan, not to worry, Kodachrome will soon be available to replace your Plus -X film (I noticed you switched from your normal Tri-X for the cloud detail). Just remember to pick up all your old flash bulbs and film wrappers.

Good eye...

flamingokid 10-05-2012 10:10 AM

I like the black and white pics the best,but Tom Davidsons thread ,also.Looked like a good time was had by all.

JeffreyJames 10-05-2012 10:24 AM

Stunning Photography. Don't sell yourself short brother.

Flowmeister 10-05-2012 10:30 AM

The way you describe the two Riv's rolling into the parking lot makes me
think of Christine, rolling back into Darnell's
Great read!
Can't wait for 5

BrerHair 10-05-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffreyJames (Post 8229055)
Stunning Photography. Don't sell yourself short brother.

That's exactly what i was going to say.

Curt Six 10-05-2012 11:27 AM

We really are happy to hear that everyone had such a great time. I'm glad you brought up the parking garage, because I had forgotten about that. Living here in town I opted for my own bed at the end of each day over a hotel, but the rest of the TRJ crew was at the Waterfront Marriott. I met Steve back there around midnight Thursday night to take care of some last minute details for Friday. When I pulled in, it was like being in a museum. The garage was full of amazing cars and while there were plenty of people milling around, it was really quiet. I don't know if it was the late hour or what, but everyone was super low key - saying hey to friends or introducing themselves to others, detailing their cars, or just standing there and staring.

I spent a little time with Jack and Kathy Stirneman, who have ascended to the title of "nicest people in the world" in my book, and also met a guy named Brad who had driven this bitchin' little Model A down from Connecticut on his own (I saw him at every single cruise and event we had all weekend). It was just a neat vibe that continued throughout the weekend, and as much as we put into planning this thing, credit for that part of it falls 100% on the people and cars who were there.
Curt

Ryan 10-05-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curt Six (Post 8229268)
We really are happy to hear that everyone had such a great time. I'm glad you brought up the parking garage, because I had forgotten about that. Living here in town I opted for my own bed at the end of each day over a hotel, but the rest of the TRJ crew was at the Waterfront Marriott. I met Steve back there around midnight Thursday night to take care of some last minute details for Friday. When I pulled in, it was like being in a museum. The garage was full of amazing cars and while there were plenty of people milling around, it was really quiet. I don't know if it was the late hour or what, but everyone was super low key - saying hey to friends or introducing themselves to others, detailing their cars, or just standing there and staring.

I spent a little time with Jack and Kathy Stirneman, who have ascended to the title of "nicest people in the world" in my book, and also met a guy named Brad who had driven this bitchin' little Model A down from Connecticut on his own (I saw him at every single cruise and event we had all weekend). It was just a neat vibe that continued throughout the weekend, and as much as we put into planning this thing, credit for that part of it falls 100% on the people and cars who were there.
Curt

Quit your sniveling... You folks did an exceptional job and deserve the credit.

allstarderrick 10-05-2012 11:52 AM

Good to meet you. Nice pics too.

Curt Six 10-05-2012 11:54 AM

I did say "for that part of it"...snivel snivel...

Seriously, glad everyone had fun. We sure did.

Ryan 10-05-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allstarderrick (Post 8229331)
Good to meet you. Nice pics too.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/wp-cont...012/10/021.jpg

Probably my favorite car at the show...

Slim Pickens 10-05-2012 12:14 PM

Great seeing you and Norm. Anytime you are back East and are rolling through Jersey on your way to wherever, you got a place to stay.
Slim