Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybbody score any goodies at the Springfield swap?

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by earl schieb, Aug 23, 2012.

1. I know some of you went(cause I saw you there!)
    BobK was my wingman Thursday and Friday, and I think we both snagged a few neat things.
    Me, I was looking for do-dads for my new 58 Chevy 2dr wagon project, like some tires(got a set of nearly new 15" pinners for $160), some kind of 4 speed console(picked up a nice 63 Impala SS console for $150), some cool gauges(bought a Pontiac console mount vacuum gauge, and a no-name column mount tach--both $1 each :eek:)....and probably the strangest...I found a pair of front floor pans, new in a plastic bag, for $20. I figured they would be as good as buying "correct" 58 pans, just cut to fit and weld 'em in.After all, they get covered up by carpet anyway.....:) Tuesday I got around to unloading the truck, and took the pans over to the wagon to see just how much fabricating it was gonna take. I swear to you, I'm not lying---the $20 pans ARE FOR A 58!!!!!!! :eek::eek: What are the odds of THAT happening????

Anybody else have my kind of luck....? :cool:

2. Firefly

Firefly

3. ryno

ryno

. I swear to you, I'm not lying---the $20 pans ARE FOR A 58!!!!!!! :eek::eek: What are the odds of THAT happening????

Anybody else have my kind of luck....? :cool:[/QUOTE]

Seriously what are the odds? Come on man,when your as cool as you, pretty fucking good chance!

Always a good time seeing ya man!

4. daschaefer

daschaefer

My son Brock that just turned 16 spent all is lawn mowing money.

- First he loaned me the cash to buy the drag radials that I ran my 10.62 pass on. I have him the thank for that Yay-Hoo Cup!

- Second he told me I didnt have to pay him back if I gave him the 348 I scored in New Mexico 6 months ago

- Third ,,,,, as if he couldnt get any cooler,,,,, he bought himself a 3-deuce intake for his newly aquired 348.......

I sure was proud watching him walk around with is prised possesion!

5. bigken

bigken

Just a couple pancake pulleys (short water pump) and water pump pulley. That's all that would fit in my pockets....HA.
    'Earl', always good seein' ya, man. I'll try and not miss Roundup next year.

6. Nothing that cool, but a few things. Window regulator springs, flathead spring compressor, and late y-block dizzy. All fair prices.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  7. I found the right rear fender for my '34 Chevy truck for $10.... Now to find the driver's side which will probably cost me $400!

8. Crab

Crab
    from Tulsa, OK

I bought a couple 57 Ford tail light housings....for a Ranchero. The problem is, mine is a Fairlane 500, and there is a difference. You just can't tell when they are laying on a table by themself.
    I missed buying a hood for the the 57 from the same guy for a steal.:mad:

SO, I guess will have some 57 Ranchero tail light housings for sale. :(

CRAB

9. Picked up a mini-bike for my son Hudson. It's not a vingtage one but I got it for $25. It doesn't have a motor so I also found a really old chainsaw engine for $10. It's a Lombard. Never seen one before this. Got it home and cleaned out the carb and it runs awesome. Can't wait to get it all together and going.

Wanted to find some Hudson parts(for the Hudson car) but no such luck.

10. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

I got a Fonzie doll....action figure with working thumb lever. I also scored a steering wheel for my 58 chevy truck but somebody bought it friday night at our show ..... It wasnt for sale.... Haaaa