Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage H.A.M.B. Drags Thrash

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

The "Purple People Eater" is going to be there from Marky on the west coast? If so, COOL!

Chris

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yep... Quite a few cars are rolling out from the west coast this year.

4. Rand Man

Rand Man

The Gold Digger will be back in business this year. It was a tough to sit on the sidelines last year. Got the new engine off the dyno, went to install it, and the new oil pan is too deep. Oh well, the thrashing continues.

Attached Files:

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I have personally rode in Josh's (TUDOR) '32 coupe in picture #3. It scared the shit out of me so be forewarned!!!!

I want to go to the HAMB drags more then anything. It's the one show I haven't hit yet and I need to get out there one year.

6. hotdamn

hotdamn

I will second JJ's comment about Tudors deuce! My goodness that gal hooks up and is GONE!

7. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Fuck yes.
    I can't wait for the Drags!

...I just wish I was one of those thrashing to make it there.... just not gonna happen, though. WAY too much to do on the Roadster yet.

Do whatever you can to make it, you won't be let down!

Malcolm

8. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

JJ, you need to go sometime. i have been 3 times, and not going this year is killing me...

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I know but I just don't know if it's in the cards for me this year money wise. I am trying to have my car finished by the end of the summer and money is a littler tighter then usual with a paycut at work. I'll get there though, if not this year NEXT for sure!

I think it's a 18hr drive or more for me but I know it'd be totally worth it.

10. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

Should be on everyone's bucket list.

11. Same here, only two of us at work and we alternate weekends! Bonneville gets the nod this year for me.

Really cool to hear that some of the left coasters are making the trek.

12. Danny G

Danny G

Just fired the stude up with its freshened up motor this morning. It spun a couple of bearings at yellow belly so I have been thrashing so I can get it run in before Mokan.

13. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i dont get to go to bonneville either.

next year though, i go to both again...

14. Working on the Tudor tho and just changed my plans....................WC tranny and a lakewood bellhousing. I will be back;)

15. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I have an empty seat...

bummer... and we'll miss Tman the pigburner as well...

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I might take you up on that if it doesn't conflict with my work schedule ZMAN!!! Thanks for the offer buddy!

17. Woohoo -cool to see my picture and 2 other SFCC cars up on the Jalopy Journal!! I was just thinking last night I needed to get tweaking for the trip out there! Thanks for the bump boss! Thanks for the mention JJ and Delton - Enjoyed taking you for the rides! Although, I think we hooked up better out on the road for Delton's ride. ha ha ha It'll be here before you know it.

I sure do hope my inspiration and hero "DW" decides to bring his car and run it. Come on LAW! Get a fire lit under that boys pants.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

So Tudor you're definitely going? Is the Digger? I'll mention it to the guys to see if anyone wants to drive out and live it up. Sockfuckers/Lords road trip?

19. Yee haa....i finally get my 'scare the shit outta me' ride in Tudor's coupe'

20. There are 3 Sock Fuckers cars in the photos Ryan posted (none of them were mine unfortunately :rolleyes:) and we'll be out in force. Joplin thought the tornado was nasty, better batten down the hatches. :D Can't wait!

21. [​IMG]

I feel a thrash coming on. Squeak (32 sedan race car survivor, Marky (Purple People Eater) and I will be coming out with our cars on a 3 car trailer. My car is far from ready so I had better get busy. Not to mention working on other peoples stuff to get some trip money. I hate this thrash shit. Sure am looking forward to the road trip!

22. Oops, sorry about the huge pic. I copied one from a Bad Bob thread.

23. ryno

ryno

hell ya, shaping up real nicely boys, glad to see the so-cal crew making the trip.
    remember I've got a shop in town if you guys need anything....

24. woodbox

woodbox

Good to see some Kiwis' going to be there to wave the flag Kev! Photos... man lots of photos!

25. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Man the PPE!! and Kiwi!!! I look forward to having a beer with ya Kev and Marky...I remember the PPE in Hot rod as a kid and just being astonished in about 1997 or 98 DAMN that cars been around awhile!! LOL

Thrashing to get the rearend staying together and getting the chassis adjusted and stiffened I want 10's this year in a BAD WAY!!!

26. I hope to make it to this some day down the road. I used this year's hall pass at the lsru

27. Bummer, if you guys pass through Bonneville i would to meet you in person and thank you for that pedal!

28. Thrashing on the little honker to get it back out there.... Machine shop is working over time! Killer to see Kev and the other west coast guys comin... Should be a hell of a show.

The Honker may or may not have a little smell and different sound to it ;) We will leave that unsaid for now ( who knows what the insurance man would say), But i do know it will have a much stouter bottom end and a rebuilt clutch set up, so it should be stout.. Richcraft Mike is comin in his deuce roadster too... Last time that ran it was runnin 12's on bias short shiftin...

We wanna make a good pass and put on a good show this year, see everyone in August. One of the best events of the year.

[​IMG]

TH

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  29. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Remember Josh..you are a wuss if you don't drive it. Some say you have the best shot at the Yay-Hoo cup.....

See you in August, -Abone.