Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 chevy vin.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

A friend needs help! He had bought a 1932 Chevy coupe and does not no where to check for a vin. Can someone please help?
    :confused:

2. there should be a metal plate on pass side of firewall.....wanna sell it?

3. Originally, the ID number and the motor number were the same. On the motor block by the distributor, and by the front seat on the sill plate, also on the right side of the seat frame.

SOAP BOX; For anybody that hasn't bought a car yet; VIN or ID number should be on the bill of sale you should have gotten, skoped out carefully, BEFORE you bought the car. On old chevys, in the absence of an actual Title or VIN, on the firewall, motor side of the firewall is an aluminum plate with the Job Number and Serial number of the body (not vin) but any information is better than nothing. When I buy an old car I write all of that stuff, including the motor serial number or even casting numbers on the motor, models of headlight buckets, speedo reading, distinguishing identifiers of any kint, etc. and add that information on the bill of sale.

4. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Sure I would sell it, but this guy would probably meat grind me and feed me to my own dog. Thank you for the info.:cool:

5. haha, understandable, just looking for a 32 myself....post some pics if you have any, drool material....

6. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Will not post until he says OK but this thing is a monster! I can say 392 and six twos, black suede. sorry I have to run to the shitter.:p

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

8. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Dammit not another one! You should get one of these while they are in season. They seem to be growing on trees this year.