Register now to get rid of these ads!

Early Hemi Chilled Iron Lifters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TR Waters, Dec 26, 2011.

1. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

How do you identify a chilled iron lifter from any other solid lifter? The ones in my old Isky catalog appear to be two piece.

Yes, I checked in the Hemi tech section, and no...I havent called HotHeads. :rolleyes: And Doc didnt use them in his Red Ram build.

Thanks in advance.

2. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I had a 505-C in my Packard with Hard face overlay. Pac uses same lifters as Chrysler. My Chilled Iron lifters looked like one piece to me and the only way Iknew they were chilled iron is Donnie Johanson told me they were when he sold them to me.

3. Vandy

Vandy
    from L.A. Ca

No more chilled iron lifters are being made. I had a new Engle hard face cam I wanted to use. After a little reserch I found every one went to tool steel lifters. I bought mine from Trend.

4. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I have a couple sets of lifters that I am trying to identify.

5. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I don't know, but perhaps a Rockwell test would help. Maybe you could call a cam tech line and find out how hard Chilled Iron lifters are compaired to others. Or what hardness is required for a hard face overlay cam.

6. I have an Isky cam and lifters for my Red Ram that are chilled iron. Ill get them out and take pics....

7. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Thank you. Here is what I have. The first set (with internal snapring) appears to be new. The other set looks gently used.

Attached Files: