Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 ford sedan delivery

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, Dec 13, 2006.

1. sled

sled

hi all,just bought a 32 sedan delivery,1 owner....first i see in my life.

any idea how many have been produced of this bodystyle??

is kinda complete,V8 flattie..and very restorable

yeah,in the good old mexico we can still find em...lots of good junk still around!

greatly appreciate some good pix too,to check out the details

keep it low

2. alchemy

alchemy

I don't believe you. Show us a picture.

Deuces likes this.
  3. i second that i want proof and if you find more call me i will be right there to help you load it on my trailer.

4. kustomd

kustomd

I saw one this past weekend in cumby texas at a street rod shop that I stopped by so I could check out their scrap pile beside the shop.

And buddy let me tell you this car was NICE!!! The owner showed me the chasis with the flathead in it and it was one of the most beatiful 32 chasis I have ever seen in real life. The flatty had been debured and smoothe then painted black and all the aluminum polished it was also running a 348 chevy water pump which I had never seen..
    The body was chopped and sitting on a rotisery waiting for the rest of the finish work to be done.

The shop was Hot rods by JSK and the owners name was jeff. He's right off the interstate.

5. zoomma

zoomma

It seems to me that they are pretty rare as 32's go. I don't
    know exact numbers though.:confused:

6. belle

belle

i believe around 57

7. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

ok wheres the sign?
    Dave

8. 40Vert

40Vert

It's somehwere around 400 total produced including the V-8's and 4 cyl. models

9. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...this dufus claims to also have a '40 Ford Deluxe coupe project for sale for $10,000....and then he found a deuce sedan delivery...kids and computers....anyone notice he never came back?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

BINGO ... :)

Some sources say 392, others say 400 ...

I have read that there were 8 built up using parts ... and were the first ones ... so that is the reason for the difference in the count.

All were made in October, all made with the 25 vent hood ... and of course ... had the short bumper arms on the rear.

[​IMG]

There is a real one about 10 miles from my home ... but $$$ will not buy it ...
    :(

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Ralph Lisena (sp), the owner of Engineered Components (the people who make some very nice, well engineered, afordable brake conversions) has a gennie that he made into a rod some years ago. Talking to him it seems that he knew about it for years and it took what seemed like forever to talk the owner out of it. One of the major rod magazines did a full feature on it when it was first done.
    A first class ride from bumper to bumper. The article even had pictures of it when it was stock, right after Ralph bought it.
    BTW, Ralph is one of the most knowledgeable people you'll find on brakes. I've seen him spend an hour trouble shooting a system even when he didn't sell any of the components. A class act.

Frank

12. 3wLarry,check his previous posts.Many,many interesting pics of many cars.(??);)

13. threewindaguy

threewindaguy

There were 408 deliveries made. There were 350 4 cylinder cars and 58 V-8 cars. I have a '32 but sadly, not an original although most people couldn't tell.

14. I believe him.....but then, you could all just be 42-year pedophiles sitting in your underwear cruising the HAMB while you try to score 10-year old boys elsewhere, so none of you could prove anything as fact just as much as seeing sled post a pic of his '32 "proves" anything.

So sled, show them the pic....

15. hemifarris

hemifarris

One thing for certain, there are no pedophiles ,or strange ducks,in Australia..........Anyway,how about a picture of him,with his car,in his driveway, in the exact condition he states it's in. That way he won't just go to a car show and snap a pic of a finished car. I've been around a long time and can count on 2 fingers the amount of real steel '32 sedan deliveries I've seen...As far as what guys on this site say they own ,I can give you names of 75 guys from around the country that will back up the list of cars I claim in my profile....

16. i know that he doesn't own this one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. bonesy

bonesy

Wow - what a car.

18. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

is that the way the rear bumper is on those cars? for easy reach in the back? 1st time i have ever seen the rear of a delivery

19. JamesG

JamesG

20. George Poteet has one of everything!
    :D
    Sam.

21. tinmann

tinmann

Only one??..... I heard he has more money than God.

22. Can someone give me the rear door measurements? I need height, width, and corner radius.

Thanks, Bill

23. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

24. Guy here in this area of Texas has one maybe two.

25. I wonder if it is Right hand drive being from mexico.

And boy is Poteet's nice, Dave is an awesome builder.

26. two things for sure the guy in Mexico has,, 1.A camera and 2.A computer........
    his other threads always has just sold it or knows where one is,,Yada Yada Yada

27. Photographer Jerry Johnson, who I believe was one of the founders of Minnesota Street Rod Ass'n. and the Back to the 50's event, drove a '32 sedan delivery way back in the 60's. It was painted a pastel green. I tried to find a photo but had no luck.

28. Dak Rat

Dak Rat
    from NoDak

If I'm not mistaken, all real sedan deliveries made by ford in the 30's used four door front doors and not two door sedan doors, why are all these "original" '32 deliveries based on two door sedans? Just asking.

29. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

The 32 sedan delivery was based on a standard 2 dr body with a back door conversion priced at 90 dollars. They also made a very limited number of flower cars, same deal but with the glass left in the back windows. I spent last Saturday taking pictures of an authentic flower car. I would post them if I were smart enough. According to the production figures I have there were 409 deliveres produced in the last 3 months of 32 and Jan of 33. They were made in several factories. Most were 4 cylinders with very few V8 powered cars. The copies of the original paper work are in my Suburban in another building so don't have the exact figures. I am in the middle of a delivery conversion and the shop in Michigan is going to do mine. There is also a shop in WA state that also does a nice job.

30. The37Kid

The37Kid

Question for the knowledgeable ones, is a '32 Sedan Delevery rear quater the same as a Tudor without the side window punched out, or LONGER as a '30-'31 Sedan Delivery?