Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs One Bad Ass 1960 Plymouth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BrandonB, May 3, 2012.

1. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

This the best looking 60 Plymouth that I have ever seen. I used to have one. Mine was red with a slant 6 and 3 speed on the column. The 60 Plymouth supposedly had the largest tail fins of any of the fin cars, including the 59 Caddy.
    This one belongs to a guy in Fresno and I think it's just absolutely drop dead gorgeous. Just a really some what rare and beautiful car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  2. aircap

aircap

That is one smoooooth boulevard cruiser!

3. zep058

zep058

It's for sale too

4. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Those are cool cars. This one would look great with 2" whites and chrome reverse wheels.

5. 390kid

390kid

yup. bad ass ride. love me some 60 mopars

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  6. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

Looks like a pissed off shark!

7. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Love them 50's-60's finned Mopars

8. Squablow

Squablow

This car was on the boulevardos board too. I really like it, it's beautifully done. But as much as I do like it and think the guy did a fantastic job, there's a few things I'd have to change. I'm not crazy about the tire size, the modern looking speaker covers are gross, and I have to wonder how difficult it'd be to drive with that steering "wheel".

All pretty minor shit though. Overall it's done very tastefully and really pulls off the look.

9. schaefer

schaefer

10. raidmagic

raidmagic

Is that guage cluster stock or is that something the builder did?

11. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Ah, the car grandpa had when I was born, and then it was my dad's for a while. For some reason the 60 gets less respect than its predecessors even though Richard Petty raced in one. Maybe it was born too late as its competitors had already lost their fins by then.

I think it's the sleekest of the finned mopars, especially the rear roof lines, but the "angry bird" grille scared me as a kid and even this one looks unhappy.

12. NMCarNut

NMCarNut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Other than the cut wheel and shaving the trim at the bottom the dash is pretty much stock.

Know the asking price?

Attached Files:

13. Jason455

Jason455

it was 30k heres a ad I found on forwardlook:
    Text from ad: 1960 CUSTOM PLYMOUTH FURY 30K OBO*** (VISALIA)
    1960 PLYMOUTH FURY, FULLY CUSTOMIZED AND RESTORED. ORIGINAL 318 MOTOR, PUSHBUTTON SHIFTER, UNDERCOATED, BUMPERS AND TRIM RECHROMED STRAIGHTENED, SHAVED AND POLISHED. ALL NEW LENSES. NEW FRONT TEMPERED WINDSHIELD WITH SHADING, ALL OTHER GLASS IS ORIGINAL AND REAR HAS SHADING ALSO. PAINT IS CUSTOM MIX FADE-OUT PAINT JOB WITH A FULLY CANDIED, PATTERNED OUT, AND PINSTRIPED ROOF! SHAVED DOOR HANDLES, KEYHOLES, EMBLEMS AND MADE SEEMLESS! ALL NEW IVORY WHITE TUCK N ROLL INTERIOR WITH 60/40 SPLIT FRONT BENCH. HAS THAT UNIQUE LOOKING FURY DASH WITH SPEEDOMETER IN SEPARATED HOUSING. SPEAKER GRILL IN DASH SHAVED. CUSTOM STEERING WHEEL. NEW WEATHER STRIPPING. JVC MP3 STEREO IN GLOVE BOX WITH INFINTY FRONT DOOR SPEAKERS AND PIONEER 6X9 IN REAR DASH WITH 400W CUSTOM PAINTED AMP INSIDE OF COMPLETELY FINISHED TRUNK! HIDDEN HYDRAULIC SETUP 2 PUMPS, 2 BATTERIES, FRONT AND BACK! DUEL EXHAUST WITH 30" GLASSPACKS AND CHROME TIPS. ALL ELECTRICAL WORKS. SITTIN ON CLASSIC 14X6 REVERSED ASTRO SUPREMES WITH BRAND NEW 175/70/R14 HANKOOKS. HAVE WELL OVER 25K INVESTED IN THIS ONE OF A KIND BEAUTY! YOUR NOT GOING TO FIND ANOTHER PLYMOUTH LIKE THIS AGAIN!! THIS ONE OF A KIND CAR HAS NOT BEEN OUT ON THE STREET!! LOOKING TO GET 30k BUT IM REASONABLE SO MAKE ME A REASONABLE OFFER. I MAY TAKE INTRESTING TRADES WITH CASH INCLUDED. TXT OR EMAIL PREFERRED (559)799-2053

14. Muttley

Muttley

Really?!?!? I've never seen it before. Theres tons of stuff floating around this area that never sees the light of day. Just one more reason that Fresno sucks.

15. 390kid

390kid

i had the same thoughts. but its so nice to see what appears to be a recent build. and got damn!!! good lookin rig

16. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Very Nice!
    But, as mentioned, the tire size. And, at least it's not a chrome chain steering wheel.

17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

.....meet George Jetson ...nananannaannanannnananananannaa!

18. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Agreed "one badass 1960 plymouth"

19. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

BEST looking 60 I've ever seen.

20. Love those cars and that one is a great example