Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The 2010 Lone Star Round Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. BLAKE

BLAKE

Well said, RYAN. Thanks to all those guys (and others) who made this a great weekend!

3. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

As always, we had a great time in Austin this weekend. I don't know how they do it, but those Texas guys just keep getting better every year. We plan our entire year around this show. It was great to catch up with old friends and to make some new ones. Unless providencially hindered, we will never miss this show.

Doc.

4. Awww man what a great time indeed, I looked for you Ryan, just missed you I guess.

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Looks like a awesome time as usual. Great bunch of cars and the Jalopy Journal's pick was definitely justified. Top to bottom it screams hot rod.

6. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Well said Sir. My bedroom growing up looked like a Boeing factory wilth all of the model airplanes hanging from the ceiling with fishing line and a used car lot with all of the cars on every flat surface availible.

7. Marcy

Marcy

So true, it's funny because Reggie and I were talking Saturday morning about how we all aspire to be Norm! He's living the life.
    Great weather, great cars but most of all great friends!

Marcy

8. krupanut

krupanut

I'll second that! But then I aspire to be Reggie too.

I'll tell y'all the view of all those guys from the inside is just as golden!
    The little I get to see everyone these days is a downer but every time I walk up and see their smiling faces, (or stressed outfaces;) ) I think to myself, It's a great day to live in Austin, a great day to be a Kontinental!

Ryan, NONE OF THIS would be possible with out the HAMB and your undying support.
    Thank you.

Gotta say thanks to the Yay-Hoos for their hard work putting on the mini-bike races also.

9. HemiDave

HemiDave
    from Austin, TX

Great show! Saw ya, Ryan but you were busy....

Got video coverage of the mini-bike races and 'The Incident'. Took lots of video for coolstuff and a few pics....

Attached Files:

10. Dang... I know I've said it before but I WILL be there next year!!! Looks like a great bunch of cars & people (thats a great combo to have in one place)

11. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

The family and I had a great time!
    The show & weather were awesome!
    Thanks to all that put this amazing show together.

12. What he said!

13. Drove up on Sat with a couple of friends and had a fantastic time. Because of work I had never been able to go to this show, but I do not have that conflict anymore. Saw some friends, made a couple of more and will not miss this show again. Thanks to all involved for putting on a true hotrod show.

There is no place like Texas!!!!!!!

14. BLAKE

BLAKE

Thanks, Shaun... it really is fun for us, too!!

15. S Kennedy

S Kennedy

Best event anywhere. 1st time going but want be last. Does anyone know how to contact anyone from the Conroe Tach Tilters car club? They presented me with their club pick and I would like to thank them all.

16. First time for the wife and I and we had a blast! Finally got to put some faces to names at the meet and greet and over all just had a fantastic weekend. Thanks to all who helped put it on.

17. Joe Grippo

Joe Grippo

And Angelo is as great a guy as you'll ever meet. The car is perfection, wise choice Ryan.
    He's got some talented kids too....

18. TMoney

TMoney

Wish I coulda been there.

19. Brewton

Brewton

As always..... I had a blast!

20. RAY With

RAY With

What better way to spend a weekend than at the Lone Star round up. When you think about the show you got to know there are so many folks involved to make it all happen and the behind the scene so to speak.I don't think it could be any better and I give my thanks to the knotinentals and all the hard working helpers that made it happen. All of you made a great event for thousands and we appreciate it very much.

21. pushrod_jimbo

pushrod_jimbo

22. moter

moter

Great times! Soo many cars!!! Our spot on Congress was in front of the body shop...Between Joe with the Mega phone taunting ppl and the burn outs! It was awesome.

23. luciomduran

luciomduran

Wish I could have made it. Anyone have one of those sick Norwell posters from the event they want to part with? PM me.

24. Spike!

Spike!

The Cruz car was at last year's Jalopy-Rama in Maryland..I drooled all over it then..glad you had a chance to enjoy it as well.

Spike

25. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

I had a blast! This was my first round up, I'll have an A coupe together next year forsure, beats the hell out of flying!

26. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Thanks to all the Kontinentals for an unforgettable weekend! Best Roundup Ever.

27. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

An incredible time with incredible friends. I'm still processing all the awesomeness. huge thanks to the Kontinentals for making this happen!

28. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

It is 11:30 California Time and I just got home from the Round Up. What a great time we had!

I saw Yoshi from Mooneyes on the side of the 10 freeway by Palm Springs with a flat so I stopped and heled him fix it. Other than that we had 2 days of trouble free driving on the way home.

Good job by the Texans again!

29. WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE!!!!!! Family Illness kept up homebound, hope to see you all in 2011. Perhaps next year I will have my 1952 Lincoln Cosmo

Albie

American Rebel

30. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

"Unless providencially hindered"

WOW Doc uttered a Profundidty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B:eek:B