Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Rise Up, Resist, Revolt... The Hot Rod Revolution.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. -Brent-

-Brent-

I can say, for sure, I'm sorry to have missed this one.

3. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the hospitality, we really enjoyed the show.

4. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Great show, kudos to all involved in making it happen, and to all the guys who brought out their beautiful cars for us to drool over. I spent more time looking at the cars at this little show than I have at any of the big events. Looking forward to HRR 2011!

5. I agree with ya Ryan but when push comes to shove most people including some hot rodders run for the hills whne you say let's start a revolution. Now, what I say here may or may not relate but it is about what we love as a hobby, building relationships and for many what we do to make coin. So here goes.

Doing something like Hot Rod Revolution or LSR is a good start to make small but subtle changes in the way the rest of the world sees us. I grew with a "real" hot rod Dad and family. We've been arrested, ticketed, harrassed, just because we do what is important in our lives. Normals see that as a rebellious anti-society attitude. That's okay with me because that's how we were raised.

The right attitude is standard among the "normals" but most hot rodders have their own attitude which makes us unique among civilians. Different scares the crap out of 99% of the population. I like different. I did not come into this world looking to be that but it was instilled in us from birth.

I've been whacky, weird, strange and more. My wife calls me an Enigma even after 35 years of marriage. I think a lot of it has to do with not only being a car guy but a pinstriper too. It's one thing to be married to a car nut but that and a striper...well that can drive a woman to the pshyco ward.

Starting a revolution is a sure way to grab the right and wrong attention. As true rebels that most of are revolting against the system is our mainstay. We don't do it to hurt people we just want to live a good life doing what we feel is important for us, our family and although this may be difficult for sopciety to understand, but what we do is really very good for the environment.

Driving hot rods and customized cars goes against the grain but sometimes going against what most stand for is a beautiful thing.

So I salute you, El Jefe, the Tardells and all real hot rodders who stand in the short line. I'm lovin' all ya'll. Let's keep it rolling.

6. kisam

kisam

I am still smiling! What a great event! Thanks for the good deal on the H hat for my son Ty. So far he has only taken it off for showers and sleep(and I question that). And a very special thanks for the correct way to wear it - I couldn't agree more!

7. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

You guys sure pulled off a great show! I've looked through a ton of photos that have been posted and know that I sure missed a good one. ...really wish I could've made it down there. Was very cool to see that the Omaha crew made it down there with the "Hoodlum", as well as Rob Lee's Roadster.

Also, I can't be the only one that finds the irony in having to rent generator(s) for an event at an old Power Plant. :)

Great job to everyone involved!

Malcolm

8. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

It was a freaking amazing show well worth the drive straight through from Phoenix. Thanks everyone involved I wish I didnt have to leave so early to go shoot a wedding

9. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

It was perfect. A Perfect day. Can't say more.

10. guitarmook

guitarmook
    from Austin, TX

Me at the show ---> :D:D:D:D

Very well done, y'all.

11. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Best gathering of pure hot rods I've ever witnessed. The venue was perfect!

12. rick finch

rick finch

You guys kept the faith, kudos to all.......:cool:

13. moter

moter

It was a great show Ryan! Good times had by all! I loved hearing Dale Watson....the t-shirts are badass! and the cars were perfect! Thanks

14. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

I've tried to let it settle in for a couple of days before making any bold statements about the Revolution. I'm leaning towards saying it was the best show I've ever been part of. With recollections of Roundup III and some of the PnP shows, that's saying a lot. The average car quality was way better than anything I've evey been too, that's for dang sure.

The whole day just felt like family reunion. Maybe you didn't know every single person there, but the ones you didn't know were somebody's cousin or aunt. Like a big family reunion of people that share a passion for hot rods. Real hot rods.

The weather was perfect, the bands were great, the location was beyond cool. Best of all, though, not a Janet in the whole joint!

Thanks to the Cochrans, Tardels, El Jefe and Willie for having the vision to pull this thing together. The hard work that ya'll are willing to put in to make these things happen is amazing.

15. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Wow, makes my weekend at Good Guys Scottsdale pale by comparison...

17. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Thanks Ryan for having me as a vendor at your show. I tried to tuck myself back in the corner. This show was great and hard to describe. Cars were great, weather was great, location was great and the people were fantastic. I hope you will allow me back next year. Here was my post on the show.

CLICK HERE

18. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Hey I was at GoodGuys scottsdale and this show lol.

19. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

It's been said, but for me, the best show I've been to in Texas. Can't speak to Paso or Revolutions past since I never went, but this show had a certain feeling, a vibe that couldn't be replicated anywhere else on any other day. It's still stuck in my head days later and for that, I'm thankful.

Now if I just would have bought a poster. I'm still kicking myself...

20. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Next year ....fo sho!

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Shit I might skip the Round Up and save my funds for this next year.

22. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

Outstanding!!!!!! The cars and the people... And the place were awesome. Cant wait for the next one..

23. -Brent-

-Brent-

How many cars were at the show, in total?

24. Flava J

Flava J
    from Austin, TX

A fantastic car show at my favorite building in Austin. The Revolution totally rocked.

25. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

It looks just as great as it was in California. The locale makes it killer. I still wish is it was in Northern California. Or had a less busy schedule to make the drive out to Texas.

26. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We might do one in Cali and Texas next year if we get off our asses...

As for car count, 100 right on the nose.

27. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

100 is a perfect amount to really take them all in. When there's a lot more I end up breezing by cars so I don' feel rushed. This at least gives those cars the attention that they deserve.

28. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

nice shots ryan...what did you take them with...didn't drag out the ol'Leica that day??

29. krupanut

krupanut

This show was epic.
    I'm still all giddy over T.K. smiths roadster pickup. I could look at that car for hours.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  30. krupanut

krupanut

Best quote heard at the show, from Mark Fords lovely G-friend Jeanine:
    "this show is well edited"