Register now to get rid of these ads!

Attn, guys in kc, mo area lost 1932 body off trailor!!! Help finding it!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodglass, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotrodglass

hotrodglass
    from Fulton, MO

HEY GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP I SENT A GUY TO RAYMORE, MO TO PICKUP A 1932 FORD ROADSTER BODY, (FIBERGLASS) BLACK GELCOAT AND HAS FLOOR BUT NO TRUNK OR DOORS. HE LEFT RAYMORE , MO ABOUT 10 SATURDAY 7/26/08 AND LOST THE BODY SOMEWHERE FROM RAYMORE, AND I-70 OFF A CAR TRAILOR!! HE WAS HEADED BACK TO COLUMBIA, MO. HE BACK TRACKED TO TRY TO FIND IT, BUT SOMEONE HAD PICKED IT UP. BASICALLY I PAYED FOR THE BODY AND SENT A FRIEND TO GET IT AND NOW I AM OUT THE MONEY AND HAVE DOORS, AND TRUNK, ONLY!!! IF ANYONE CAN HELP OR HAS ANY INFORMATION ON THIS 32 FORD BODY, PLEASE CALL ME KEVIN DAVID 573-220-5805 I WILL GIVE A $100 REWARD FOR RETURN OF THE BODY. I KNOW THAT IS NOT MUCH BUT IM OUT ALOT AS IT IS.
    INFO CALL KEVIN 573-220-5805 THANKS FOR ANY INFO.

here is a picture of it but it will not have doors or trunk!

Attached Files:

2. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

What ??? I feel for your loss, but how could he lose a whole body and not know it ? Good luck with the recovery, I hope whoever found it steps up. Gary

3. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Hope it didn't hit anyone- have you checked with the cops- there may be a report.

4. BinderRod

BinderRod

Kevin, how could anyone lose a body unless there were strip clubs and beer involved? Good luck on your retrieval quest. If I hear anything down my way Iwill call you or Gene. Keith

5. chaddilac

chaddilac

Your buddy just lost his "Friend" privileges!

6. uglymailman

uglymailman
    from missouri

Yep, check w/ cops-state patrol.Might call the scrap yards too. Uglymailman

7. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

Why are you out money? Your "buddy" lost it, your "buddy" can pay it forward or end up in court. This wasn't an innocent OOPS.

8. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

Scrapyards??
    How much a pound do you get for fibreglas?

9. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

If I was the guy who says he's your buddy, I'd do the right thing & buy another. It's just the right thing to do.

10. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

hmmm.... how good a friend is this? youd think he would notice it falling off the trailer. unless hes a REALLY good friend, id be very suspicious. no rear window on the truck? thats a large item to "fall off the truck"

11. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

yeah what the fuck, sounds fishy to me

12. I hate to admit this in public, but I had a '32 roadster fall off a trailer on I-81 on the way to Carlisle. Difference is I heard it hit the ground, pulled over, ran back to find it had slid off onto the shoulder. It was a fiberglass race shell with no floor, so I did my best Fred Flintstone impression and walked it back to the trailer.
    Now your all know how stupid AND lucky I am....

13. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I will keep my eye/ears out for it......and I will pass it around at work thru some of the the "Car guys".

Chris

Oh yea, what road was he on in Raymore to I-70? That sorta' is the hood to I-70.

14. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

So where's the pic? Would make a great avitar.:D

15. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll watch the ads and stuff for sale around here.

I won't add to the comments regarding "how could he not know it fell off the trailer", enough has been said........

16. kustombypook

kustombypook

Oh hell yeah. Sounds very fishy to me too. I drive a truck, and I notice when a paper cup or trash flies out of the bed of my truck. I think Ray Charles would notice a car body flying off a trailer.

I would really check out this so-called "buddy" of yours.

17. hotrodglass

hotrodglass
    from Fulton, MO

THANKS FOR ALL THE POST AND YEA IT WAS A FRIND OF A FRIND AND YEA THAT IS WHAT I SAID WHAT THE F...!!!! HE SAID HE IS GOING TO CHECK WITH HIS INSURANCE TOMORROW. I HAVE HAULED HUNDREDS OF FIBERGLASS BODIES AND ONLY LOST ONE!! BUT I DID HEAR AND SEE IT. WE DID CHECK WITH THE COPS AND NO KNOWN ACCIDENTS!! THANK GOD!! AND YES I HAD PAID FOR THE BODY AND NOT SURE WHAT WILL HAPPEN!! BUT PLEASE IF YOU ARE FROM KC AREA KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN!! IM SURE IT WILL TURN UP ON EBAY OR CRIGSLIST OR SOMETHING BUT IT IS USELESS WITH OUT THE DOORS AND TRUNK LID, I DID GET THEM!! THANKS, GUYS!!! CONTACT INFO IS 573-220-5805 OR [email protected]

18. Mopar34

Mopar34

Sorry to hear of your loss, but I would think that something that big coming off a trailer would be seen and heard, unless your friend had the windows up and the stereo blasting and not looking in the mirrors.

I mean shit, I lost a fiberglass clam shell off of a van on I95 in South Carolina last year and I knew it as soon as it was gone. I could see it bounce in the rear views. Luckily it didn't hit anyone as the road was reall busy with 85 mph traffic. Mine hit the road bounced and slid off of the side onto the grass with little damage.

A thing the size of your 32, wouldn't have been something picked up by many people as a good size pickup or empty trailer would have been required. Unfortunately, odds are against you ever seeing it again, but I wish you luck in your search.

19. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I was up and down i-70 in KC several times this weekend, most recently saturday night around 10 but never saw it. I'll keep an eye on craigslist.

20. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

if it had truly fallen off the trailer, don't you think SOMEONE would have seen something???
    70 is a major highway, if i'm not mistaken,,
    i agree,,there's something fishy going on here....

what are the chances someone would just "happen" to be driving by with an empty trailer, and just pick it up?...

and how would they manage to do so without anyone seeing them?
    did you get to examine the hold down straps he supposedly used to secure it?..or did he lose ALL of those too?

its not like it could have rolled off,,,it was just a body...

either this guy's a complete idiot,,,or he stole it himself,,,,,

21. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Anything I've seen along the freeway that fell, blew, or otherwise came off from or out of a truck or car wasn't worth picking up. IF (and it's a big IF) your "buddy" really didn't notice it was flying thru the air, there isn't enough left of it to bother with....

22. Abomination

Abomination

23. Coolest think I've found on the side of the road was a bent up old hubcap. Some guy found a 32 roadster!!

Not trying to make fun of the situation, I hope you get your body back, or a new one.

24. KCsledz

KCsledz

I will keep my ears open.

cody

25. Maybe check the garage of the driver pulling the trailer. It could have fell off in his garage.

26. gallagher

gallagher
    from califorina

your friend must be blind and deaf like our parts drivers they have lost fenders bumpers and hoods in one shot got most of them back cause it had our work address on it . hopefully it dident hit no one and some one sees your reward and you get it back

27. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Your Buddy must have been ASLEEP not to noticed something like that happening,
    I wouldn't care how many times he checked with the insurance company ,the money would come out of his pocket!

28. "A real friend helps you bury a body", but i don't think this is the same idea!;) Good Luck .

29. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Don't drive I-70 much but I do get out and about so I will definitely keep an eye out around town.

Best of luck... what a screwy story.

30. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

The guy just wasn't on the ball with carrying big loads and didn't check it every so often for tightness or keep an eye to the mirrors. The body without doors or lid isn't much use to anyone.
    If he was pulling a fast one he could have easily said the doors and lid were inside the body when it slipped off. THEN he'd have something to sell!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.