Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hairball idea #2665132, section c-14, line 8.

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by Old6rodder, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

OK, Kiddies, here's one for the hell of it ......

Background: I've only ever joined two car clubs (yeah, I'm picky ...... deal with it). The T-Timers, back in high school, (mumble) years ago, and the re-formed Trompers a couple years ago. The 'Timers're long since defunct, but I still have a plaque, and of course I have a Trompers one. Now, I also work in mold making, and have an "updated" 'Timers plaque that I've made, and run on my HAMBster. Sooo .......

What thinketh y'all about coming up with an HA/GR plaque for us? And perhaps a HAMBster spin-off as well, for the SDRA & NWVD types in our little brotherhood? I can certainly handle the tooling & such, and would be willing to do the carving & model work as well.

Opinions? Ideas? Design points? Application considerations? Insulting comments? :confused:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  2. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

"Hambster Herders" has a nice ring to it. It's your idea, run with it. How about drawing up some possible ideas or having a contest among the masses? :p

3. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I love the idea! Put me down for one. I have no artistic ability but I can see something with the "Bean Bandit" in one lower corner and Jazzy Nelson's flying fiat in the other. Perhaps the text could be something like:

BUG’N OUT
    HA/GR-SDRA-NWVD
    “Keeping It Going”

Perhaps we could all be "Bug Out'ers".

4. injected27

injected27

How about "Hot Rodding the way it suppose to be HAGR/SDRA" just a thought.

5. Old28

Old28

Old6, this may be one of your best idea's yet. I'm with RacerRoy3 in that I have no artistic ability at all and need a drawing to look at. As Tom said you started it so run with it. Just one idea for all to look at.

HA/GR - SDRA - NWVD

(casting of our style dragsters, very general)

STILL MAKING PASSES

6. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

OK, you guys asked for it. I'll sketch up a couple ideas, and hopefully they'll kick off some more input (I'd rather this weren't just my own creation, but a consensus at the least :cool:).

I like the Bug connection, but feel most "civvies"d take any name like that wrong (relating to VW, that is). Perhaps use the Bug as the carving, and some sort of "club" name, maybe with our three "classes" along the bottom?

I'm thinking nothing too fancy, just a basic '50s style rectangle with block lettering around a bas relief, to keep the look right for our period.

I also like something in the nature of the "HAMBster Herd" (ers" ?) name, but will check with Ryan for approval of anything using "HAMB" in it, as that's a unique creation of his.

7. bobw

bobw

I'm all for the idea. Way to go, Dick. However, when presented with the task of being creative, I choke. Sorry, no help from me yet.

8. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

I know, I know...you're workin' on it. :rolleyes:

9. I'm in. I like simple things. Just "HAMBsters" works for me.

-Pete.

10. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How about the motto of "Keeping it the now"?

11. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I want to modify that to: "Keeping then in the now" :D

300racr likes this.
  12. Old6 I like the idea. Just throwing this out there, but what about a pic of a Ha/Gr then below it. Brotherhood of vintage rails??. Something simple but would include all 3 groups.

Daniel Clark likes this.