Register now to get rid of these ads!

An HA/GR (& other classes) Place for Discussion

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by 64 DODGE 440, Dec 1, 2014.

1. bobw

bobw

Have any of you guy put diapers on your cars? Or, are you planning to? I'm going to make an aluminum tray and line it with absorbent Pig Mat because I haven't found a diaper long enough for a straight 6.

Snow's all gone, getting antsy to run the car.

2. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Pampers "senior" will probably work. :rolleyes:

3. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

4. old sparks

old sparks

a custom made diaper runs about 175$ there is a guy out of Bakersfield anra that makes them. good idea makes good relations with tech but pricy. not sfi certed triple the price if you go certed. won`t be much longer until they are mandatory as per nhra

5. CrkInsp

CrkInsp
    from B.A. OK

Name and contact for the "Diaper man" pls.

6. old sparks

old sparks

sorry the mfg. is in Arizona. they are called RUSSLERii custom fit engine diapers and have a web site phone no. is(951) 488 4200 advertised cost is now 178.00 includes shipping also on ebay

7. old sparks

old sparks

8. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Hi. I am planning on doing the exact same thing on my Logghe car. Some events now require a diaper. When I front-halfed it I put four Dzus tabs on the underside of the frame to hold the yet-to-be-made tray.
    I also use Pig Mat inside the driver's compartment to catch any converter drips before it reaches the pavement.
    One piece of advice: make a positive retention device for the Pig Mat or it will blow around in the tray. I use two straps Dzused to the floor/tray.

9. old sparks

old sparks

out here the belly pan configuration has been talked about by our tech guy and myself and was told that it wouldn't fly because it won`t survive shrapnel impact. he said the "nylon" has a much better chance of retaining fluids from a lower engine failure

10. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

There're a couple diaper manufacturers that claim to be willing to make up custom units on order. Don't know pricing and such, just recall the ads.

11. Being a tech guy and talking to racers who run diapers and those that run belly pans out here I think more prefer a belly pan as it lets heat dissipate better. Some that run diapers say that the motor runs hotter because the diaper holds heat in more where as with a bellypan it will let air move around the motor and carry away some of the heat. I have seen balancers come off, rods come out the side of blocks with those running bellypans and they have held up. The PRA ( Vdub association) is starting to require their lower classes to use belly pans also. Had a friend with a 7 sec. mustang have an oil line come apart and the belly pan held most of the oil that drained out into it during a run.

12. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Pretty sure NHRA allows the use of belly pans. My buds run one on their nationally competitive six cylinder Comp car.

13. 34 Plymouth Hemi

34 Plymouth Hemi

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. Old28

Old28

Russler custom made engine diapers, great place, nice people to work with. There web site has a plain sheet that you fill in all the numbers from your engine L6 / L8 / V8 ect. Well worth the money, tech & track crew will thank you.

I ran a Russler on my Chevy 194 L6 SDRA dragster, on my injected BBC NE-2 Altered and on my blowen/injected NE-1 dragster. Quality stuff.

Some tech don't care for belly pans, but as with Flyer pretty sure they are NHRA legal.

15. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

I made a containment tray for my Logghe roadster so I could compete in a recent event that required one. It was an aluminum tray and I lined it with Pig Mat absorbent pad. The tech guy looked for it specifically and it passed.