Register now to get rid of these ads!

hot rods with Offy racing engines

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Offyguy, Jan 23, 2017.

?
  1. 20

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 20

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Offyguy

Offyguy

As a newby here on the forum, I'm humbled to count myself among such a passionate bunch of car guys. My book, "Offy America's Greatest Racing Engine", was executed with the same passion you folks exhibit here on the H.A.M.B.....

Hence, I can think of no better audience to ask the question, "How many Offy-powered Hot Rods are you aware of and can you provide details about them???"

Given your incredible wealth of knowledge, I look forward to your responses...

2. Lil32

Lil32

IMG_1143.JPG IMG_1142.JPG On my visits to USA and Donut Derelicts I took this photo June 2016

banjeaux bob likes this.
  3. That's about the only one anyone knows of. And it's been around a long time.

4. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

There is a lavender B-400 in Sweden or so.Then there is a white and blue roadster,and a yellow roadster pickup. Then there is a coupe with a turbo O
    ffy in it as well.Do a search I think there is already thread with this topic....

5. For a writer,you sure don't read rules....What does "Introduction"mean to you?

6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Fantastic engines, but VERY pricey stuff. Hen's teeth come to mind. I'm sure there are some, but you'll be looking for the guys with far deeper pockets than mine. I'd love to see pix, too. Gary

7. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

There was a single seat street "T" with an Offy in it in one of the hot rod mags in the last couple of years.Sorry I cant remember the name.

8. silent rick

silent rick

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Maybe not a true "Hot Rod" but Buster Warke put one in a Jaguar XK120 back in the day. The OFFY is now in the Old Crow Speed Shop in Burbank. Bob