Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Toby Schelin

Toby Schelin
    from Montana

Old yard in Montana....not for sale!! oldcar1.JPG oldcar1.JPG oldcar2.JPG oldcar3.JPG oldcar4.JPG

LONG, grumpy32, LOST ANGEL and 5 others like this.
  2. Toby Schelin

Toby Schelin
    from Montana

An old coupe on my uncles ranch in Eastern Montana, he said I cold have it, I might haul it home and use it for a lawn ornament. But he lives 300 miles away!! Anyone identify it, I know it's a ford, maybe a 1940?? oldcoupe1.JPG oldcoupe2.JPG oldcoupe3.JPG oldcoupe4.JPG

3. ^^^^^^I need the windshield frame out of that!!!!

Donald A. Smith and Toby Schelin like this.
  4. Toby Schelin

Toby Schelin
    from Montana

Well I think that is the only salvageable piece on the car, we go back there hunting every October/November. If I remember, I'll pull it out and send it to you!!

5. Mike Moreau

Mike Moreau

Toby, look at the silver lining on this: If someone bought the neighbor's house with all your cars out front, he may be a car guy. Welcome them over with a BBQ and some beer and get off to a good start.

6. Toby, that's a 39 ford standard coupe.

Toby Schelin likes this.
  7. they have a five year antique plate in Texas....with no inspection sticker needed......just keep it under 2500 miles a year....sure keeps code compliance at bay and is cheap at about $10 a year cost.....plating most of mine.....

Speedys Garage likes this.
  8. scotts52

scotts52

1955 also had a 9 passenger. I have one. The gas tank is unique to the 9 passenger and is not shared with any other wagon. Took me awhile to find one.

9. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

Waddyamean the windshield frame is the only thing salvageable?!?!

10. I have neighbors like that always worring about what everyone else is doing had the cops show up while i was working on my car and said there was a report of domestic violence. I guess i was cussin my car to much the big block was a tight fit

Sent from my LGMS330 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

stillrunners, '51 Norm, czuch and 2 others like this.
  11. Toby Schelin

Toby Schelin
    from Montana

Ha,ha, sure would be one hell of a project.

12. Toby Schelin

Toby Schelin
    from Montana

39' Ford, dang I was close:)

13. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Only 300 miles? Sounds like a weekend fun run to me.Well....I could do it in a day but you have relatives to visit with.

Toby Schelin likes this.
  14. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

does you uncle want another nephew just what ive been looking for ,I would come over from Australia to pick it up come on save it for the next guy

Toby Schelin and grumpy32 like this.
  15. That would be an easy restore by some of the talent on this forum.

Chrisbcritter, Toby Schelin and czuch like this.
  16. hell yeah!!! I will send you a pm on the 1st of Oct just to remind ya! If I had time id be driving there to try and get the whole thing. That thing is decent by Virgina standards!!

17. Toby Schelin

Toby Schelin
    from Montana

Nailhead Jason, well you convinced me to haul a trailer down this hunting season to pick it up. I'll get the whole car, and if you want the whole thing you can have it. I'll use it as a lawn ornament (that's what my wife calls all my projects) until you get the time to come get her. Just bring me a beer or two:D
    Hey almost forgot, I'll tell my cousins not to put any more bullet holes in her:)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  18. Toby Schelin

Toby Schelin
    from Montana

I'll still pull the windshield frame and ship it to you, until you can find the time to bring me my beer:D

Sporty45 likes this.
  19. Toby Schelin

Toby Schelin
    from Montana

Partsdawg, our hunting trips back East are more about socializing and beer drinking than hunting, definitely a fun run.

Nailhead Jason likes this.
  20. Ill ship you a case cold!!!

Toby Schelin and Sporty45 like this.
  21. It might take a while to get there. Its only a 2200 miles and a 35 hour drive to Montana!!!

Toby Schelin likes this.
  22. chrisp

chrisp

1930 Renault RY2 sedan and phaeton both complete with extra parts.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1932 Citroen C4 phaeton complete with extra parts and a lot of new ones, I might get this one...
    [​IMG]

23. sailingadventure

sailingadventure

I thought I`d add these to this thread. The car on the left is a 1955 Corvette . This car is VE55S001001, the first V-8 Corvette. It was found in the early `70s and restored by my brother. It was recently sold at Barrett-Jackson with other serial # one cars, `55, `56, and `57. The car next to it was my car, E54S001379. The picture was taken in 1970.

55 Corvette.jpeg

55-vette-vin.jpg

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    CRH, Baron, timmy2times and 13 others like this.
  24. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

25. Found these on the way home from Texas Friday. I seen more in Oklahoma but Dallas to south east Wisconsin in one day was a chore. 20160729_173101.jpg 20160729_122002.jpg

26. Toby Schelin

Toby Schelin
    from Montana

An old rancher down the road is using this one as a lawn ornament!! Don't know what the heck it is, but it's pretty cool. Old hot rod1.JPG Old hot rod2.JPG

27. 1927 Studebaker with a newer grille from a 1936 Buick or Chevy.

28. I must change my answer to a 1927 REO. The windshield visor/overhanging roof is like a Studebaker, but the rear quarter window is more like the REO.... 1927 REO.jpg

29. nightmoves

nightmoves

31Dodger, Peanut 1959 and clunker like this.