Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration 2016 LA Roadster Show Express Smithfield, VA to Pomona, CA... we hope!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hamtown Al, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Larry,
    Dang! I like them all! Get a couple more pals and take them all to LA!! You could line your garage shelf with those pewter cups!! I'm glad to hear that speed range will work well for the bangers... we don't want to get there with our cars too winded!
    Dickie's 32 has a twelve gallon tank and I think everybody, not just Tom T, will need to scratch(at least!) before the 2.5 hr mark. I'm guessing every couple hours; sometimes maybe more, likely two hrs or less. We'll figure it out. I intend to stretch each stop 5 or 10 extra minutes(more if we want) just to walk around and stretch and wake everything up before we take off again. The goal is not to be so worn out by the trip that we are too pooped to enjoy the festivities after we get there.
    We have sun up to sundown to accomplish about 8.5 hours of driving each day so there should be plenty of time to stop for gas and eat lunch... and smell the roses!!
    As to walkie-talkies, just standard fare... nothing expensive or too high tech. I've got a couple rechargeable ones that have lasted for a while but I also carry a battery powered one as well. I had a pretty good earpiece that plugged in to the unit and that made hearing and understanding what was being said MUCH easier. We probably need to see what we can find out there and pass along any bargains noted anywhere but an earpiece may be "priceless!"
    I think mine has failed... I'll have to check it out and find a replacement if necessary. It certainly has come it handy many times over the twenty plus years of going to York in a pack of a half dozen or so. It is much easier to holler over the radio to all the cars parked in various locations and at various pumps to be sure all the guys are ready versus trying to run everybody down individually. If we don't need them it won't matter but if we realize they could be helpful and don't have them... we'll be looking for a Wal-Mart or something!!
    I'm sure we'll all have phones so reaching anybody shouldn't ever be too difficult. The advantage of walkies is that everybody can hear everybody with out becoming a switchboard operator! And of course, there are hand signals... and maybe a few hand jestures!! Remember the 40 panel at Bonneville with "Horn broke! Watch for the finger!" painted on the back?! That was classic hot rodder to me!

I don't think it is going to make much difference whether you run a bit ahead, a bit behind, or somewhere in the middle; as long as we keep reasonably connected and stick to our ballpark planning, we should be fine.

The goal is to get there while having fun and taking the blips in the road as they come.

Now, if all 25-30 folks that meet us for dinner Sunday night saddle up early Monday for the run to Pomona with us; it will be a heck of a ride!!

Yep. I'm California Dreamin' again!!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

It is hard to believe that just five months from TODAY we will all be having breakfast in Pomona after what I believe will be a GREAT night's sleep; having arrived the day before around lunch time... if all goes well!!
    I bet the morning smiles and grins will be contagious as I suspect more than one of us thought we'd never drive to the LA roadster show successfully.
    Five months; that will fly. We will all be scrambling from now until the end of May(probably midnight June 8th!) to get our cars in top shape. One guy has to put A/C on his 39 cabriolet. I want to get a tonneau cover made for my car such that I can cover the windshield and seat area with the top down... trying to avoid having to put top up and down after I get to Pomona. I also need to get the upholstery panel I had made to go behind the seat tweaked to fit and work a little better. I also need to figure out what I am not doing with the new radio I recently installed that causes it to always start playing songs on a thumb drive at the beginning. A friend sent me a thumb drive of 3,338 songs from the 50s, more or less. My friend's note said, "Enjoy the music, some good, some bad, about 3,000 plus songs." That is approximately 10,000 minutes of music!! That is almost SEVEN 24 hour days of music! I'm hoping to get the radio to play them in shuffle mode so I won't hear the first songs so many times. I suspect a short cut I took in wiring the thing is most of the culprit.:rolleyes: That and an inability to read and interpret manuals very well.;) I'm sure you guys never have that problem.:)
    Opportunities!
    I think the other fellows have their cars ready but there seems to always be "one more thing" we great minds think of... usually at the last minute.:D
    Four of the five of us that have been going to York for many years, and plan to go this year, too; are planning to go to the LA show. Three of us are going by hot rod and the lightweight is going to fly out to Idaho to see some friends and then drive to Pomona in a late model rental. I don't care how they go as long as they get there to share the experience with the rest of us. Future recruits may trailer their cars; not so much because they WANT to so much as they, and/or their car!, aren't any longer really able go that far in a hot rod... hey, we all have to adjust sometimes. Others will fly for other reasons, not the least of which is to save considerable time and expense. Again, I don't care how you get there but get there if you can... we'll be looking for you!!

3. mikew

mikew

man, this sound like a heck of a lot of fun. Can't wait to hear about it!

4. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

I saw Lightweight today and he said he has changed his plans. Now he is going to fly to LA first then rent a car and drive up the coast and then across to Idaho and fly home from there. He said he's flying in on Thursday; four days AFTER we get there! Dang planes ain't as fast as I thought! I thought he wanted to share the whole week's experiences with the rest of us. Oh well, we'll be happy to have added folks whenever they can get there.
    Lightweight wanted to know if I'd have a name tag with "Lightweight" on it? I told him that if he arrived any later than Thursday I would!!

mikew,
    If you leave Thursday, June 9th, at 6 AM and follow I77 south, you can join us where I77 crosses I81!
    A couple thousand miles or so and we'll be there!
    Come on; you can probably tell the story better than we can!

5. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Al,
    Went to breakfast this AM with the 'co-pilot', Rick. He said immediately 'the '31 Roadster' when I said you all were going to be running 70-75. He got even wider eyed when I mentioned that he could drive the '31 Roadster and I'd take the '29. That is how the current plan stands.
    Larry

lothiandon1940 and Hamtown Al like this.
  6. Hey, Al - you know that I will not be able to get into the show, right? I am not finished with shiny paint. Anyone else in the group not able to meet the criteria to get in?

7. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Me no have shiny paint on '31 who needs shiny paint?

8. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Tom, bring some wax. We'll buff it at every gas stop as we want to get our circulation going anyway.:D
    If you don't like wax (afraid of permanent damage!), bring a big bottle of spray on liquid glass and we'll hit it just before going into the show.
    Seriously, I think you are the only one without the requisite shiny paint and completed upholstery for the interior at the moment but that late model 39 cabriolet shown earlier is going to be year challenged to get in, too, as the cut-off is 1936. Also, I don't think Dickie's three window will meet the specs either unless he gets another exemption for "most bugs on a three window from VA!" like he did last year. So at least three of our gang will likely be in the Specialty Parking area which is for all the hot rods falling outside of the club set parameters for "roadster parking." I understand that there is a much larger group in the specialty parking than in the roadster parking anyway but they should all be relatively close to each other. I'm told EVERYBODY really goes to see the swap meet anyway!!

Larry,
    I'll have to check our "rule book" about a whether a co-pilot is still considered a co-pilot if he's driving a separate car?!?! I know you made his day with your plan update to take the second car! Can't you find one more buddy to drive the other option?!!!:rolleyes:
    Sounds like a great plan to me. Now we will have seven little Indians, I hope!, when we get to Kingman!!
    Pretty soon we are going to have to assign road guards to get us through the exits!! You old farts... er fellows!, remember road guards from boot camp don't you? I was one of those lucky fellows that go to run ahead of the platoon when we approached intersections and then stand there while the rest went on by and then I was rewarded with having to run like heck to catch up with the rest of the platoon and resume my spot near the front of the platoon. All that extra running helped me lose those extra pounds I had when I got there!! Boy, wasn't boot camp fun and we're we lucky to have such considerate sergeants to look out for us?!?! I still remember some of those days but not all that fondly.:eek:

I was discussing whether to drive the cabriolet to York this year as it is the designated option to go to LA and we're leaving for CA only four days after we get back from the five day run to York? Lightweight said I should drive the cabriolet as one last test of the car before we head west. I said, "What if the cabriolet fails about 500 miles from home on the way back? (York is 600 miles~ round trip). Lightweight said to drive the convertible sedan to York again... heck I might actually sell it and have more $$ to spend at the swap meet! Me having a lot of money at a swap meet, or car show for that matter!, has proven to be a bad situation many times! No telling what I might find I can't live without. I know none of you guys have that problem but I do!! However, since getting much stuff back to VA from Pomona could present a real challenge, I'm hoping I'll be able to exercise more restraint.;)
    Heck, I could drive my avatar to York but then I might be more tempted at the swap meet in York! Our gang has been more prone to buy WHOLE cars and trucks the last few times at York!! Talk about "opportunities?!!" Somehow we always manage to pull the delivery back to VA thing off. Sometimes it has taken a few days but we "get 'er done" by one means or another... remember I went back and DROVE that freshly redone red 32 steel three window home last year a few days after we got home from York. It only had 10, yep, ten miles on the odometer when I left! The seller said it would make it home some 300 plus miles away and it did.:D
    BTW, I saw the seller today... he found some old folders from when he built and later rebuilt and later rebuilt the car over the years and brought them to me because he had a relative in the area. It was good to see him again and catch up but he also brought me the few pictures he had had taped to his shop wall for MANY years showing progress from on the first build. The pictures are from 1974 and are considerably "shop worn" but I was very pleased to get them.:D:D:D

Any more recruits out there? Five months from now we will be roaming Pomona big time and visiting as many of the festivities as possible. :)

Al

9. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Oops!
    Larry posted about no shiny paint on the 31 while I was plinking away on the boring paragraph above!
    I've had many treasures over the years with no shiny paint... never really bothered me or anybody else... except maybe the wife!! I'm sure some of y'all can identify with that!:rolleyes:
    Anyway, the goal is to have fun with our treasures and I'm sure we will all do our best to do just that... shiny paint or no!:)

Again, we don't care what it looks like or how you get there, just BE THERE to share to fun! Drive, trailer, fly, or walk but get there!:D

We're going to be looking for ya!
    Al

10. mikew

mikew

Not sure that the 21 stud and 3 speed in my cabriolet would keep up with you guys! We're planning on going to TROG in Jersey in June though!

11. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Uh, mikew, TROG in Jersey in June is the same weekend that we will be in YORK!! They just moved it for 2016.
    If you drive to the TROG, you will nearly still be here when we leave for Pomona!!
    WOW!
    Sure you don't want to go with us?
    Bring a rope!

12. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

The leader of the "Kingman Sunday Dinner Gang" reported Saturday that many in his group are planning to be there. He's also scouting a place to stay where our cars will still have the hub caps (and wheels!) in the morning! It is great to have local help when you're going so far from home. It is greatly appreciated.
    I keep pinging Local Leader on how many are going to go with us to Pomona that Monday morning but he keeps ignoring my question.:rolleyes: They are probably ALL planning to go and want to give us a big surprise announcement that Sunday after dinner. Then again, maybe not.;) Doesn't matter; best thing will be to meet and great some fellow rodders that think enough of us to come out to see us... I view their effort to see us as quite an honor.:)
    Of course, it may just be curiosity regarding just what 6 old cars and their occupants look like after four days travelling across the country!!:D

BTW, here are a few pics of the infamous license plate on our heroes' car along with a picture of the inside. Note the column shift and overdrive controls.
    DSC02880.JPG

DSC02881.JPG

DSC02883.JPG
    DSC02882.JPG

I'm sure that none of y'all are wondering about the "HUG" written on the gas gauge are you?:rolleyes:
    I wasn't either so I asked Dickie about it and he said his wife put it there last Valentine's Day so he'd be reminded of her while dashing around the country in his little coupe.:) Sweet, ain't it? I think Dickie has a keeper, too.
    She must be familiar with the little coupe's gas tank size challenges and wanted to maximize the reminder to Dickie so she put it on the gas gauge! Tom told me that Dickie put 11.88 gallons in the coupe's twelve gallon tank at one stop in the desert!!:eek: Tom says Dickie is the luckiest guy in the world and I'm beginning to believe it. I sure hope his luck rubs off on the rest of us!!;)
    I love the little coupe and look forward to following it many miles... if I can keep up!! I'm looking forward to running with the whole gang as all the cars will be unique in one way or another. I just hope we don't develop any "opportunities" to display our resourcefulness at keeping our cars running while on the trip!!:rolleyes:

kidcampbell71 and OL 55 like this.
  13. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

DSC_0838.JPG
    Remember my old 32 three window from Georgia? I reluctantly sold it a couple years back to a fellow that really liked the car and lived out west. I spoke with him tonight. The good news is that the new owner now has the car at his home in the LA area. YES! He says about an hour from the roadster show!
    He also has a roadster that he drove last year and will likely drive it again this year. Sorry, I don't have a picture... yet!
    Anyway, he's going to meet us while we're in Pomona and hopefully I can wrangle a visit out to see my old 3 w.
    He said he couldn't believe that I was planning to DRIVE to the show. I told him I couldn't believe it either!:D
    He said he was already planning to spend at least one night in San Dimas, too.
    Now, if I can somehow talk him out of the 3w... how would we get it home?!?!;)
    As tempting as it might be, I think the car is in good hands and am happy that the present owner has chosen to leave the car in its present time capsule state.
    I do love that car... that's my problem... I seem to love them all!! None of y'all have that problem; do you?:rolleyes:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. ^^^how could you not love it?^^^

15. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Here's the link to the story about the old coupe and our trip back to its hometown to show it to many of the previous owners and others that remembered the car... it was GREAT fun and brought back many happy memories for those fellows.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/chicken-coop-32-ford-3w-coupe-day-story.793957/

It really is a neat piece of history and Mike Thompson did a heck of a job of getting it back on the road with considerable care to preserve the feel of the car. I followed in his footsteps when I replaced the plastic gas tank in the trunk with a new real steel tank yet retained the visible part from the original tank that had long been "trimmed" to save weight and replaced with a 5 gallon can! I put the original 5 gallon "tank" back in the trunk and ran a hose off to nowhere just to keep folks alert!

16. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Here's a few pics of our heroes' 3w when it got back to Virginia Beach after a blistering return trip from the roadster show last June. I think they left Sunday morning and got home 11AM Wednesday---3 and a half days at most!!
    I'm sure many of those bugs did not intend to become inadvertent "decorations" on the neat little coupe.
    4 Home 1103AM Wed June 24 2015.jpg
    5 Home 1117AM Wed June 24 2015.jpg
    6 Home 1117AM Wed June 24  2015.jpg

It blows my mind that our heroes made the trip in record time both ways!
    Dickie says he can drive slow but I'm afraid we'll need a rope to keep him in sight!!
    Seriously, I think we're all just looking to have some fun and share an adventure with our old cars.
    Think about making a trip where every single car you see will be new to you... that might lead to a sensory overload!
    Think we should go a week earlier??!! Oops! We can't because most of us will be in York that week at the Nats East!:)
    I think this coming June is going to see my all time hot rod driving time set new records.
    I can't wait!:D

Come on and join us along the way... we'll have plenty of room on the highway... I hope!!;)

OL 55 and 63fdsnr like this.
  17. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

If all goes well, we should be sitting down to breakfast/brunch at Mama's Restaurant with some fellows from Roanoke in Montvale, VA about this time four months from today. We'll already have completed about 200 miles of our 2,643 mile trip to the LA Roadster Show... practically there!:D
    I wonder how far behind schedule we'll be?!!:eek:
    I'll be looking for this car there unless Tom decides to bring one of his topless cars!
    TomRichardsonblackwalls.jpg
    This is the car I wanted him to "store" at my house so he could borrow and drive my 1936 Ford convertible sedan to the LA show but I couldn't get him to bite! Of course, I was telling Tom he needed to bring me the three window right away and pick up the convertible sedan so he'd have plenty of time to pack!! For some reason, Tom just didn't seem to think that was such a good plan. "Storing" that 3 window for him would be a ball for the next four months!:rolleyes:
    I don't think the color would clash with my three window; do y'all?

IMG_1075.JPG
    Anyway, I am pleased he's going to join us for breakfast... lunch if we're running late!;)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  18. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Four months from today, we should be about halfway across the desert and starting to ponder that first cold beer when we get to Pomona around lunchtime on Monday, June 13th.
    I'm certain the fellows in the non-A/C cars are going to be REALLY thinking about that first cold one!!:D
    Where's a good place to eat a late lunch in San Dimas? Preferably VERY close to the Red Roof Inn as I'm sure some of the boys might be a bit slow joining us after we check in... maybe due to a long awaited "cool down" in their rooms?:rolleyes:
    I've mapped out some somewhat coordinated start times for the beginning of the trip for each driver so that we'll hopefully meet and merge along our route as we head to that first day's breakfast in Montvale, VA.
    I handicapped Dickie about 5 or 10 minutes and still think he'll get to the planned spot ahead of me!!;)
    I have a feeling that it is going to be a challenge to keep that little 3 window in sight but we'll see how it goes... I'm sure we'll gain on him when he stops for gas!! I think his tank is about 5 gallons less that the rest and his TWO four barrels probably won't be the most efficient at mpg. Time and a lot of distance will tell.

Anything happening that Monday? Any suggestions for afternoon and evening activities... beside resting, cooling off, and having a beer or two?;)

19. Tom, maybe get a swap meet spot?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. I may try and get into the roadster show if I can come up with a simple way to "shiny up" my paint ....I already have an upholstered interior so I am good there.

If I cannot get in, there is an area for non roadster to park - something like the non roadster portion of the show that can sometimes be much better than the roadster show itself some say.

I have been there twice - in 1990 and 2000 for the " 40 Ford is Fifty" and "40 Ford is Sixty" tours respectively in the 40 Ford I had at the time set up by my good friend, the late Art Branum of "Mr 40s" fame. I mainly concentrated on the swapmeets, which were unreal, and the vendors displays in the area next to the roadsters. I said in 2000 that I would return one day in a roadster ....

Here is the roadster qualifications:
    Roadsters

Enter through main Gate #1 off McKinley Avenue. The main attraction will be the hundreds of 1936 and older open cars of all types and makes; some original, some modified, but all of the highest quality and completely finished with glossy paint, painstakingly restored to the owner's preference. Over 900 roadsters entered the show in 2014.

Roadster driver is free and $20 per passenger for the weekend. Children under 12 are free.

No flat paint roadsters allowed in roadster parking. No cruising the fairgrounds for liability reasons.

But there is other parking for non roadsters and swso meet info:
    Specialty Parking

Enter Gate #15 off Arrow Highway. Specialty parking is for Pre-75 cars only. Classics, hot rods and other special interest cars will be entered in this large parking area, forming a huge car show. This is also a perfect area to enter cars for sale because it has become a known fact that this is the perfect place to buy or sell a cool car.

Admission is $10 per car and $20 per person per day or a two-day discount for $50 for car and one adult admission per person per day. Children under 12 are free.

Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sellers - enter Gate #15 off Arrow Highway. Move-in is Friday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, Saturday 6:00 am to 4:00 pm, and Sunday 6:00 am.

Swap Meet Buyers can park in Spectator Parking Gate #9 off White Avenue or Gate #15 off Arrow Highway.

A tram will be available to the Swap Meet area and return for transporting parts. Your Gate #9 parking ticket will provide free entrance at Gate #15 for large item pick-up only.

For Swap Meet information, click the tab below.

So, we do have choices ....

21. Blownfuel - let's take this offline and we can discuss the options. I missed your comment in my response above (went right over my head, really) and I would be more than happy to hang with you wherever and however we can get in.

My good friend Earl, or Gabby here on the HAMB, will be riding shotgun with me and he is never without a story to tell ... we will have a blast ....

22. gtrhotrod

gtrhotrod

23. gtrhotrod

gtrhotrod

DSC03299.JPG Al, this is the one I just finished. I'd need a top before Texas and Nevada. That sun is very hot in June. Tom

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    kidcampbell71 and Hamtown Al like this.
  24. gtrhotrod

gtrhotrod

DSC01315.JPG This is what I drove last time Al. Comfortable and semi-reliable, this is probably what I'll take. Tom

Hamtown Al likes this.
  25. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Dang, Tom!!
    So many choices; so little time!:cool: You certainly have many wonderful choices.
    You need to consider doing what the fellow joining us in NM is doing... having his "co-pilot" drive another of his roadsters!;) Note: We're still checking the rulebook about the definition of "co-pilot" when he is in another car!:rolleyes:
    I suspect many fellows would be happy to help you out with getting a second, third, etc. car to CA!!:D
    I would like to know a bit more about that description of "Comfortable and semi-reliable."
    I hope that semi-reliable part didn't crop up too often; particularly in the desert!:eek:

I can ask my club members about "helping" you get some more cars to CA, if you like, but I suspect you'd have a long line of volunteers starting at your front door and extending a good way toward me in Smithfield!!:)

Looking forward to breakfast with you that Thursday as well as the rest of the trip.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of some of your treasures... sure you don't want me to "store" that 3 window and let you take my 36 convertible sedan? :rolleyes: It has A/C.:)

26. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good read!!-----My kind of drivers!----After 5 trips across the USA, & 2 odometers reading 300,000 happy miles since 1968-----I can relate----At 83-----Don
    Here's this years LAR flyer. flyer_2016.jpeg

Hamtown Al likes this.
  27. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Toms 32.jpg
    Toms 32.jpg

Tom, after a great deal of research on the net, I found this inspiration for you to put the finishing touch on the new roadster.;)
    Top for Tom maybe.jpg
    Tom, I'm not sure how many desert runs this old Ford has made with this top but it is still there... more or less!:D
    You might want to tighten it up a bit on your car.:rolleyes:

Also, a big THANK YOU! to Deuce Daddy Don for the kind words.:)
    I can't get any one car to 50,000 miles yet he has gotten TWO odometers to 300,000!
    And crossed the county a number of times.
    All of a sudden, my "big trip" to CA doesn't seem like such a big deal and I'm sure it might not be to many veterans of cross country trips; but our gang is really looking forward to giving it a shot.;)

28. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Planned vehicle update:
    Dickie told me today that he is hoping to get his recently purchased 34 Ford roadster sufficiently updated such that he can drive it to CA instead of the 3 window!
    Here a before picture showing the car to be a marvelous and fully optioned beauty.
    Dickies 34 before.JPG
    Snazzy ain't it? Don't know how the photographer managed to get a bulls eye on Dickie but it came already built in to the picture.
    In the spirit of hot rodders everywhere, Dickie is in the process of "updating" the neat old Ford.
    Here's a few progress pictures.
    Dickies 34 f.JPG
    Dickies 34 r.JPG
    Dickie also confirmed that our hero journalist, Tom Pritchard, is going to be his co-pilot... again!!
    You could tell from Tom's story how much he enjoyed the tornado run.;)
    I hope Tom won't get bored travelling at our greatly reduced pace... we are adding about 24 hours to the elapsed time... I hope it is not more!!:eek:
    I sure hope the car is ready in time. It will be cool to be taking all flop tops all that way.:)
    Remember Lightweight? He recently bought a remarkably original 1930 Ford pickup... I've never seen one in such great original shape... no real rust anywhere... it looks like never! Original headliner and about everything else.
    He told Dickie he was going to LEAD the group all the way to LA in his new "chase truck!" Stock four banger, no overdrive; yep, that ought to work... NOT!! And the bed in that thing won't hardly hold Lightweight's luggage let alone any spare parts! I think Lightweight is sticking to his plane plans. I'd love to have him drive out with us but not in that pickup... he'd have to leave NOW!!:rolleyes:
    More updates later on Dickie's new driving option.

kidcampbell71 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  29. Rckt98

Rckt98

Just spent a lunch time reading this thread, hands down one of the best threads on the HAMB.
    Have been to the LA Roadster show a couple of times over the years, great show.
    Looking forward to the trip reports once you get going.
    Russell

30. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Now that's a bitchen roadster!