Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Wide five wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Reddy Kilowatt 37, Feb 13, 2016.

?
  1. Wider wheels for 35-39's

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Is it better to retain that traditional look?

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Anyone used the Bassett wheels? Speedway sells lots of 5 on 10 1/4" in all widths and back sets. The wheels are are used on sprint and modifiers. Curious if anybody has tried them ? They seem to be the solution for us gotta have wide five group.Heres pic of my stock wheel but only 4" wide.I like the look of the old wheel but want a wider footprint. I'm a newbie to j.j. But a long time rodder,have mercy!

Attached Files:

2. 55willys

55willys

The sprint car wheels usually are designed to use 5/8 studs so you might need to have an oversized lug nut to hold it on. I would check with Bassett to see what they recommend. A friend of mine has a set but they have never been installed on the car yet so I cant give you a definitive answer. If you just want to go a little wider look at the 38-41 Ford truck wheels. I also sell adapters and covers.

3. joee

joee

I used them on my last build ....no problems ......they're made for 2500lb. + race cars being thrown into a corner 100 mph...

4. oj

oj

The Ford wide5 is 16", stock car are 15" and don't have the detail scalloping around the inner circle. I have been cutting them apart and adding 1 1/2" strap and then welding them back together and they are about an 1 1/4" wider. I am doing one right now and took these pics. I cut the wheel apart with plazma cutter, roll 11ga band and tig weld it into the wheel and metal finish. DSC00022.JPG DSC00024.JPG

5. Nice job on the rims. I would love to have a set widened or a new wider 16" hoop installed for the rear.