Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does anyone know how to reach Carl Staton (northern VA) - red '51 Chevy mild custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Curt Six, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Curt Six

Curt Six

Like the title says...I'm trying to reach Carl Staton of Virginia. He owns the bitchin' mild custom Chevy below. The car was in Kustoms Illustrated a while back and I've seen it at Gettysburg and other events. If you have info, please PM me an email or phone number, or PM me and I'll give you my cell number. Thanks!

Attached Files:

heather rolins likes this.
  2. Curt Six

Curt Six

Back up for the, uh, early afternoon on the east coast crew. Nobody knows this guy?

3. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

I love that car and its one of my top favorites....Wish ya the best!

4. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

The guy who can answer this question is Ray Soff better known as the East Coast Rod & Custom Historian.

His phone number is 201-796-8948 and he lives in Saddlebrook, N.J.

Ray writes stories for Kustoms Illustrated and he is really an interesting guy to talk to.

Here is a story I did on Ray a while back.

Click on this link and it's in the middle of the page. Nostalgic Racing Decals

Jimbo

5. heather rolins

heather rolins

I know this post was from years ago..but this is my fathers car who passed away in 2012...This was his baby..I helped him push this car in the garage as a shell of a car on 3 flat tires 25 years ago..and watched him build this master piece..One of many he did - only one he ever kept..Yes-I now cherish this car everyday..I do have 1000 of pictures from start to finish..Not sure why you were looking for him, but if you have any questions I can help with ..feel free!..Heather

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    Budget36 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. Welcome to the HAMB, Heather. Sorry for the loss of your Father. Not sure just why Curt was seeking him out back when he posted this but, you might want to send him a message to let him know that you've seen this post. He resides in Baltimore and works for the Rodder's Journal. Hopefully he still has some interest in the car or your Dad and their stories. Might not be a bad idea to contact Jalopyrama Mike on here as well as your car would be ideal for inside showing at the next Jalopyrama show. Good luck and once again, welcome..............Don.

Hamtown Al likes this.
  7. 50 customcoupe

50 customcoupe

WELCOME HEATHER. THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL '51....I LOVE EVERY THING ABOUT....KEEP DRIVING AND ENJOYING IT....I HAVE A '50 CHEVY COUPE LIKE THE ONE THAT MY GRANDFATHER AND I HAD WHEN I WAS 16....IT WILL BE A MILD CUSTOM AND I WILL NE SELL IT.

8. Curt Six

Curt Six

Hi Heather. I'm sorry to hear your dad passed. Please shoot me a private message here on the HAMB and I can give you my contact info and get a little more about your dad's cars.
    Curt

Hamtown Al likes this.