Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 70 Degrees in February! Anyone else drive your hot rod to work today!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by G V Gordon, Feb 10, 2016.

1. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

We got up to 18 here, but the wind chill (what it feels like to your skin) only made it to 0, suppose to be old all week. My car sits in the side yard through the winter, couldn't get it to the driveway if I had to, right now its surrounded by snow and ice and the tires are pretty worthless for traction in snow or ice. I'm not sure I would have wanted to drive it on our roads right now anyway.

The snow was almost gone before we got a little more over the weekend, not much, but enough. I think they dumped 6 months worth of salt on the roads, we have had a pretty mild winter, they have a lot of salt to get rid of. All the roads are white, and the snow is gone from them. Gene

Model T1 likes this.
  2. Model T1

Model T1

Where I shipped my cars near Peoria but refuse to leave Florida the kids say the same thing. The residential streets look like ice but it's that danged road salt. They seem to use it just for practice.

3. mopacltd

mopacltd

Since I'm retired, I did not drive the '55 Cheby to work. But I put a good 250 miles just driving around and enjoying the weather. Now if we could just get rid of all the snow birds that seem to flock here.....it would have been a lot more fun!

4. ......just got home from our club meeting,...4 degrees on the bank comin thru town!

5. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Great day here, drove my 53 F100 to lunch. No more workie for me.

6. atch

atch

Well; no. I didn't drive my hot rod to work today. Of course I never drive to work. I've been retired for a year and highly recommend it. When I want to work the shop is just behind the house.

It only got to about freezing here today and we got an inch or two of snow. However, I lit the wood stove in the shop and worked out there from mid-morning 'til just a few minutes ago (about 10pm). I plan to be out there tomorrow too. Sure beats going to a job.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  7. Freezin' my nuts off in NY and trying to get an engine in my Ford maybe over the weekend. Saturday is supposed to me rotten-ass cold... Sunday a bit better. Can't get the garage past 45 with the heater if it's under 20 outside.

8. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

gonna take mine to work today.65-70 is the high today.

9. Everyone that works there? Um...don't YOU work there? :)

10. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

Why yes... I did drive ol rusty to work yesterday IMG_2924.JPG

11. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Just have to work faster Bob! That's what I've been told! Joe

12. Thanks, I just might do that. I'm okay in the cold, my helpers can't handle it though.

13. GV I did not take mine to work cause I don't do that any more but I did take it to Breakfast.

14. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Atch, I keep sending in my resume for that position and still nothing. Personally, I think my wife keeps pulling it out of the mail box to keep me working "until I stop spending all the money on cars". I'd rather work a while longer, lesser of two evils thing.

Weather-wise, it was 78 degrees in Longbeach, Washington on Monday, 70 in the 'couve on Tuesday. The only thing I was driving was my Taylor Made R-11. If you have to ask...you wouldn't understand.

Attached Files:

15. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Weather forecast is for SINGLE digits this weekend on Long Island. My Deuce roadster stays in the garage!!!

16. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

High of 15 here today... I didn't drive my 62, but I did drive the 72...

17. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

I'm not a golfer and I think I even understand that! Explains the weather report from the cove too! NICE! Joe

18. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We really shouldn't be talking about the weather being at 70 when the cutoff around here is 65. I think we have gone OT (over temp)
    upload_2016-2-11_15-5-12.png

Attached Files:

19. phat rat

phat rat

No driving to work for me. I retired 10 years ago besides it snowed the last two days. But I did drive it Sat. night

20. image.jpg image.jpg I drive my Henry 32 cabriolet virtually everyday in south Texas; unless it 's raining cause The car is a fender less highboy

21. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I love reading about the weather you back easterners have to put up with. here if the coldest part of the night is in the 30's it is big news, if the daytime temp was ever in the 30's I think we would all just die. I would bet it hasn't gone under 30 even at night for years.... probably not in my lifetime

22. Car looks great George! That shot is now my current background!

23. image.jpeg I have mine backed into my shop ready to take on Friday. The ride home is a great way to start the week end.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016