Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Flathead lower hose problem

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guy1unico, Feb 9, 2016.

1. guy1unico

guy1unico

I'm running a 49 to 53 flathead on a original deuce frame. I'm trying to find 2 lower radiator hoses. It is a big 2 inch drop from center to center. I've tried all of Flathead Jacks hoses and his aluminum piece that drops down...it didnt even fit. I think my water pumps are alittle too large for his part. The piece of aluminum he offers hits the fan belt. Have you found any hoses that are made for a late model car that a piece can be cut out of to fit...it needs to be shaped like a tight S.
    Thank you,
    Guy

2. jailhousebob

jailhousebob
    from Illinois

I think there is a guy from sweden who makes a tight s hose for this application.I think he sometimes lists them in the HAMB classifieds or fordbarn. I should look because i need them too.Boob

3. Vegas_Cleaver

Vegas_Cleaver

not sure if it will help you but I was able to use shoebox ford lowers as they have a kickdown built in the hose and I just cut to fit.

4. Jimmy2car

Jimmy2car
    from No. Cal

On my 32 with flathead, using original motor mounts, I had the radiator shop angle the lower hose connections about 15 degrees, then used the 49 Ford lowers, as mentioned

5. guy1unico

guy1unico

All suggestions will be considered, thank you
    I'm also looking at cutting 2 existing rubber hoses.
    Gates 21138
    Dayco 72237

6. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I made a form of my hose angle and length with a piece of corrugated expandable aluminum pipe (or whatever you can come up with) and looked for the biggest auto supply of hose. Found a perfect match after cutting off the excess hose not needed.

7. Bob Drake also has a hose kit for 59AB and 8BA with truck pumps with perfect (for me) lower hoses, other than trimming the ends for length. The uppers fit 32 radiator with stock, angled outlet tubes, are one piece rubber, no tubes and only two clamps per hose. Two kits, depending on fan used.
    image.jpg

MEC's (below) are nice, but did not work for me. Too deep.
    Sold them.
    image.jpg

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  8. atch

atch

You might PM DANA BARLOW here on the hamb. I believe that he home-built lower radiator hose adapters on his T. That design might help you.

edit: I pm'd him and suggested he look at this thread...

9. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

What mounts are you using?? I'm using the 32 mounts The biscuit bolts were hitting the hose and had to replace them with the nut on the bottom and grind down on the head.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  10. guy1unico

guy1unico

Carquest hose [HASHTAG]#21236[/HASHTAG] worked well ...doesnt look as pretty as the finland piece.