Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs COOL NEW STRIPES

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john mullen, Feb 8, 2016.

1. I love my new colors! IMG_3277.JPG
    IMG_3278.JPG IMG_3279.JPG IMG_3280.JPG IMG_3302.JPG IMG_3304.JPG IMG_3305.JPG IMG_3306.JPG

2. Very nicely done I like the fact that they support the truck not the other way around looks cool. Hobo Jim

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Nice job. I think a 3/4 top shot from the front looking down and capturing let's say the driver front fender and the hood would give a good look at both stripes together.

4. maybe a little better view but it's in the early stages of the striping job IMG_3258.JPG in this photo

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

6. aircap

aircap

Very cool. Now let's hear more about that M-series Stude truck!

7. Ok! this Studebaker truck started out as a m15 flat bead I found it in Grants New Mexico for $150,00 bucks . I took it back home hear to Lanexa Va. and began a plan... I had wanted to build a race theme truck for a long time and so I began looking for parts . word got out to some friends that I built race engines for on the cheap when they could not afford them any other way and one day my friend came to my shop and says. I hear you are building a race truck. I say yes and he says to me come out side and get this junk out of my truck. Well I could not believe my eyes as he had a truck full. and I say man I cant begin to afford all that. My friend says yes you can it's free. he gave me all the hubs brake calipers and disc . a fuel cell . clutch And brake peddles with master cylinders a steering column. a Detroit locker for my franklin rear. and a pile of other stuff that has become obsolete and they did not use any more . and so it began.. S10 frame modified to take the parts . Air ride followed. Then I chopped the top 4 " cut 2" 0ff the bottom of the hood and another 2" of the panel just below the hood. Raised the fenders up 4" Dropped the nose down 2" . Radiuses the fenders to match the wheels built a bed and running boards from scrap added 52 Chevy truck rear fenders ...and Wala my Race theme Studebaker Truck was born... It's powered by a 302 ford v/8 with mild hop up 5 speed tranny and Hoosier tires all around. Red leather interior and Daytona weave carpet

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    John Heckman likes this.