Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Border Bandits Gas class builds to the Southeast Gassers rules.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by II FUNNY, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

Can't beat big daddy's for a place to spend 2 or maybe 4 hours while the wife sits in parking lot complaining we still have 5 hours of driving to do

2. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Been there done that

3. Yea me and 91stang know all about that. We stopped by there the 2 times we were in Florida and our wife's were not to thrilled about going and yea they did a lot of complaining but it was well worth it both times.

91whitestang and fast30coupe like this.
  4. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Today I learned that my research fell short. Jeffery stopped by and helped me get the motor set in place. I had looked at as many Ford style front suspension tri fives as I could find, and settled on the front crossmember I had put in. Well...it needs to be 3" lower, so that the ride height is SEG legal...this will also allow me to move the motor ahead, because as is its 10% of the wheelbase which is legal, but with modern tires and sticky tracks not necessary. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1448579099.436578.jpg

9sectruck, loudbang, beebee78 and 2 others like this.
  5. Nice frame :D

II FUNNY likes this.
  6. powrshftr

powrshftr

Oh,come on Kip,opening the glove compartment to adjust your timing is convenient as hell....I say go 11% just to see if anybody's paying attention. lol!

Man,I do surely admire the skill and speed that were employed to turn a pile of steel and a few old car parts into what is probably by now a rolling chassis.

Can't wait to see more of these cars.
    Speaking of which: We've seen quite a bit of cammer powered Ford construction,and now some 55 Chevy action,but what happened to the rest of you guys?Joe,where's yours?

Or is it just too close to Christmas and everybody is flat broke like me?lol!

Scott

7. Joe just got back from an excavating trip in Egypt, where he unearthed a usable 409 block.

8. Saxxon

Saxxon

Hey Kip... you realize of course by the time you're done patching and replacing that the entire original purchase will be sitting in a pile out back waiting for the scrapper. You'll have a nice race car though... maybe you can save the roof, or a headlight bezel or... something.

You guys with talent really piss off hackers and grinders like me... Cheers

9. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Yeah, but I only paid $500 for the car with the title...you are right though. There won't be much of the original left, at least no one can say I wrecked a nice car.lol

Dog_Patch, Saxxon, enloe and 2 others like this.
  10. Got some work done on the ford wheel tubs are done and also started on the rear tin. I ended up cutting the rear part of the frame out a little also so I could set the car a little lower in the back. As it was I couldn't use the lowest hole in the shackle because the spring hit the frame.

Attached Files:

Pufff, beebee78, Dog_Patch and 6 others like this.
  11. Also got the radiator mounted and made a brace to bolt the firewall to. The radiator mount slides over a smaller tube welded to the frame so it is easily removed for when the motor has to come out at some point in its life. Re made the pad the master cylinder bolts to also so it could be a little further away from the valve cover. Hope to have a firewall figured out this weekend waiting on my tipping die for the bead roller to try something I haven't ever done with it.

Attached Files:

Pufff, OahuEli, beebee78 and 6 others like this.
  12. 1bad32sedan

1bad32sedan
    from Wisconsin

Yes finally got a usable 409 block since everyone was scared of my Franken block. Got the pistons and rods on order. And still waiting on my heads to come back from the porter in cali. Not alot of work has got done lately but now that the ball is rolling on the shortblock it's time to get busy on the chassis. Updated pics coming soon.

13. I'm not getting much done on the car at the moment, too busy designing up some pistons and rods for a crusty ole 409, going in the chitty chitty bang bang movie car, somewhere in the north east.

OahuEli, beebee78, saltflats and 2 others like this.
  14. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

image.jpg Not much to report here the "Grape" is just chillin' possibly gonna pull the engine and have it stuck on the Dyno after The holidays to find out what I'm doing wrong?? Lol probably everything!!

15. If you don't dyno that thing, I'm gonna kick you in the Cragars!

91whitestang, II FUNNY and beebee78 like this.
  16. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Art, I think what it really needs is a 13726548 firing order!

17. He knows he's been seeing the taillights of all our fords since we started hanging out lmfao. Just kidding Art we will get that Chebby running good soon

loudbang, sonic03bluegt and beebee78 like this.
  18. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Cats got my tongue, lol someday someday ! Jeff is right but I guess I gotta keep on beating my own drum lmao I was the only oddball in the group but joe and Jeff especially are way out in the oddball field now! And Gabe what's them numbers? Zip codes lol

strokedstang331 likes this.
  19. 1bad32sedan

1bad32sedan
    from Wisconsin

That's what firing order my 32 chevy is gonna get if this 409 don't work out. Lol

20. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

You can relate them to zip codes, when you drop the clutch on it with that firing order it would leave the little sbc in the last zip code! At least there are a couple of ford guys up north, because it looks like the south may only have a few between 4 or 5 states

21. Really digging the new tipping die for my bead roller. Can't afford a electric bead roller rite now so I got the wife out in the garage to help me out she did great. :D

Attached Files:

22. Not to shabby only took 2 times to get this one rite.

Attached Files:

23. You know, when you get that thing running, you could wear a long black wig, and call it the "Cherlane".., I got you babe

91whitestang, beebee78 and II FUNNY like this.
  24. If you get to the dyno, maybe bring an extra carb to try out. I heard on the grape vine you got your current one out of a ditch next the road?

sonic03bluegt likes this.
  25. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Is that one of the Pro Tool brand bead roller?

26. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

No it's just a outdated pro-systems carb, gonna send it to Patrick for a revamp before the Dyno trip !

27. Ataboy!

28. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Besides I was thinking' a ten year old Pro-Systems carb has still gotta be better than a pair of quadra-junks? ;) lmao

loudbang and Dog_Patch like this.
  29. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

But the Quadra-hogs are period correct, and the tunnel ram is way closer to correct than a super victor.

3dnsouth and beebee78 like this.
  30. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Wow the period correct police are out tonight? Easy Mr. Mopar !! Lmao ;)