Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 348 tripower progressive linkage - HELP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by neilswheels, Dec 1, 2015.

1. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

I'm no looking at the carb linkage for my 40. The motor I bought came with a rebuilt set of tri power carbs, and a progressive linkage, but it doesn't seem to fit. Can anyone point me at an aftermarket linkage? Looked at the speedway one, not overly keen to swap base plates and add all that stuff, surely there' an easier way.

Heres a pic of what i have. There's a good chance Ive got bits in the wrong holes by the way.
    [​IMG]

2. Speedway sells a universal tri power linkage for about 50 bucks works pretty good. Ill get the part number when I get home. I have 2 new in the box

3. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

To be progressive the linkage on the out side carbs needs hooked up at a closer point to the throttle shaft pivot point.

4. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Do the outer carbs have idle mixture screws in the base plates?
    KK

5. My linkage is on the opposite side. My throttle is attached to the center on the left side and the outer carbs are connected to the center carb on the opposite (right) side. My carbs have long throttle shafts that the linkage attaches to. Are you sure you have the tri-power carbs on the ends or are they regular carbs adapted to the 3x2 setup? If so, see if it will fit on the other side.

This isn't mine, but its set up like this:

tripssbc2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  6. Here is the linkage I have used. Its cheap and works pretty good.

Attached Files:

7. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I bet his does not have shaft on the pass side.

8. This one is supposed to be a universal gm replacement. It goes completely on the driver side of the carbs.

9. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

Thanks people. I've been looking at a linkage like yours Don, and because i dont have any 'shaft' on the passenger side, i would have to replace all my spindles or base plates.
    Thanks for the tip Jason, i'll check it out.

10. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

"To be progressive the linkage on the out side carbs needs hooked up at a closer point to the throttle shaft pivot point."

I put the linkage there because the bushes were in those holes, so seemed like thats where it should go. The pivots on the linkage seem to big to go in the other holes, even without the bushes installed, not that this means they're in the right place, just that this seemed to be where they went. There's nothing to say this linkage is right for my setup, but I would hope that the fella that supplied it all would supply the right bits. I would contact him, but its been a good few years, and I have no contact details anymore.

11. hudson48

hudson48

For the best quality and not a "coat hanger" model go here and speak to Larry
    http://hotrodcarbs.com/
    Also the front and rear carbs SHOULD NOT have idle screws in the base plates

12. The linkage from hot rod carbs is really nice quality.