Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical I Need Frame Dimensions For a 49 Cadillac 2 Dr

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by ssw357, Jul 26, 2015.

1. ssw357

ssw357

Anybody have a frame diagram with dimensions for a 49 Cadillac? I have a Series 62 Sedanette and need to build a new modified frame. The original is still under the car but I'd like to get exact dimensions rather than work from transferred measurements. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

2. 24riverview

24riverview

Probably not exactly what you're looking for but may help. 49 Cadillac.jpg

ssw357 likes this.
  3. ssw357

ssw357

It's a very good start. I also need dimensions for the body mount perches but this does help a lot. Thank you.

4. nh-lead-man

nh-lead-man

IF you check e-bay there is a guy selling single pages, do a search antique parts section

5. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I believe my 49 Buick Sedanette has the same frame. I have a shop manual with several frame diagrams that we used to true it. Pretty much what 24riverview sent you, but I think I may have more detail. What exactly do you need? PM me if you have specific questions.

6. southerncad

southerncad

Just curious as to what type of modification your gonna' do to the frame. I do know for sure that a '77 Cad Seville front "clip" is the exact same width as your '49 and that the Seville rear is the perfect width also.
    Used them both on my '49 Sedanette.

kzeliminator likes this.