Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Video of a latham running?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Rocket-Boy, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Rocket-Boy

Rocket-Boy

Hey all,
    As the title says does anybody know of a video of a latham axial flow actually running?
    i know the Burke roadster is running one in current times (any video?)and there is footage of the x400 pontiac and zac reynolds tobacco king galaxie driving into an auction but i would like to see one going for its life not barley idling.

any links would be great

2. Rocket-Boy

Rocket-Boy

3. RICHARD PAUL AT AXIALFLOW.COM

4. Rocket-Boy

Rocket-Boy

no video's here and these are a new version of the old.
    this is a hard one to find im not sure it exists.

regards

5. It's out there on someone's home reels I would say. I remember a Potvin to Latham setup on one of those little pages books. I also remember a tri-five with a Latham in one of the later magazines. Like VHS tape time frame. Someone will be able to help you eventually. Cool supercharger, that's for sure.

6. old33ford

old33ford

I have an original (unmolested) four-carb setup with Latham gauges, belt, "slippage spray" and installations if I can be of help.

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I can't help with a video, but I have the noise in my mind tape having spent a large portion of my childhood riding behind one hung off the side of the families Jaguar XKE's 6 cylinder. Sort of a high pitched, pissed off, vacuum cleaner...

8. Rocket-Boy

Rocket-Boy

im currently building an olds rocket with one, i have it all mounted ect but its a while off actually firing it up.
    id just love to see one run or know if they actually made a big difference in power.

9. doinbad

doinbad
    from celina tn

its a screamer!

10. Pissed off vacuume cleaner

11. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

That would get real annoying real quick. Reminds me of a street rod with a cheap electric fan. My buddy has one on a 38 Ford woody that you can hear half a block away. :eek:

seb fontana likes this.
  12. kibster

kibster
    from Illinois

13. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

can't give you too much helpful information.. buddy of mine ran one on his sbc in a t bucket. only thing I remember is that the flat belt that it ran had a pulley with a lip on either side.. probably a 2" or so wide pulley and belt... well his wore on a taper and would destroy the belt on the lip of the pulley or pop off altogether. my father machined him a new pulley that had a bevel to keep the belt centered. ran fine after that as far as I know. car came apart years ago and he put it back together with a tripower...