Register now to get rid of these ads!

1941 Ford...underappreciated?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BeatnikPirate, Feb 17, 2010.

1. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Ah ... that's to bad. Be patient ... it will come to pass.

Someone on here had a very nice '41 cpe. 4 sale out of Ga. Maybe he still has it ....

2. thunderplex

thunderplex

That would be this one...

Posted using the full custom, V8, 4-speed app, rolling down highway 41.

Attached Files:

3. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

A gem if I can say so ... if my sale didn't fall through that rod would be in my driveway. I love that car!

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Ford never used the term "Opera" or "Business" in reference to his Coupes. The fold-down seats on the sidewalls behind the front split-back seats were designated as Opera seats though.

5. hutchman

hutchman

Very nice indeed!

6. Ok all your knowledgeable types here, Looking at a '41 Short door Coupe and would like some ideas on what it really IS !

Short door , has rear seat , and only a single Tail lamp ... Standard?

7. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

8. Unappreciated in the past just like the 52-54 Fords but in the past 10 years in part to some very nice builds from both camps these cars have gained tremendously in popularity. HRP

9. thunderplex

thunderplex

10. I won't worry now , I was trying to buy it but a buddy got his wallet out first! as it's now his car I won't post pics without him saying so .

11. Sprout

Sprout

12. 4T6ford,
    The car you are describing is a very rare standard economy model. They were only available in 41. The single tail light is factory. The short door coupes only came with flip down jump seats in the rear. These were only available on the higher priced models. The standard only had the front seat.
    Matt

13. Judd

Judd

Super Deluxe a friend just bought at Cruisin the Coast this year.

Attached Files:

14. dan31

dan31

My father in law just bought a 41 sedan at run to the sun in myrtle beach on Thursday. WE drove it 600 miles back to jersey with no problems at all.He still can't get the smile off his face.Its been 45 years since he has has a hot rod.

15. Sharp Sedan - and good price! Interior looks like it is customized a bit - which is cool.

16. jaco

jaco

Just picked this one up last week. It was rodded in th 90's so a little updating is needed but not much. I have already went through the motor and it runs and drives great. They installed a MustangII frontend with power steering but used the old column with the stock steering wheel. Interior and exterior in mostly stock and I think I will leave it that way. I have lowered it about 2 1/2" all the way around and have ordered some new Torque Thrust wheels and bigger tires for the rear. Like to make it look like an old drag car. The paint and interior has held up well over the years. It does show some wear and tear but I think I will just clean it up good and have some fun with the car if it does not sell.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. mbrede

mbrede
    from Minnesota

Any new '41's out there?

18. thunderplex

thunderplex

This car is now in Missouri and painted black. It is a very nice and extremely reliable car.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  19. thunderplex

thunderplex

20. 38mag

38mag

Business coupe I've been working on for a while. 302, c4, Mustang 2, 8", 5' chop

21. 38mag

38mag

P8050010.JPG P8050011.JPG P8050012.JPG

22. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

THAT is a nice 41!

Someday I'll get one.

Asphalt Demon likes this.
  23. phat rat

phat rat

Good looking chop. Nice to see the drip rail kept

24. LBCD

LBCD

A few more adjustments and I'm done

Attached Files:

25. Can anybody tell me the difference of years concerning fender skirts? I saw somebody comment on something and named the year, I asked how he knew. I need to look at the front or rear. Side view I can tell Ford to Merc because of the 4 inch difference. The guy answered that it was the fender skirts. I want to order a pair for my 41 but I want the big ones

26. phat rat

phat rat

I'm no authority on the fender skirts but I don't know of any size difference between rear fenders of 41-48 Ford or Merc. The difference would be in the skirts themselves so far as I know.

27. ne'erdowell

ne'erdowell

I bought a new pair of skirts from a company named Agape. They are the longer ones and I think they were referred to as '41 special skirts. Very nice quality and a good price too

rodncustomdreams likes this.
  28. tony starr

tony starr

BTT: Not sure who the owner of this is but i love the look of it...

[​IMG]
    --

olscrounger, Felix 40 and LBCD like this.
  29. A Minus

A Minus

Am I the only one who isn't impressed with either? I will be the first to admit I have always been a late bloomer with Ford car appreciation. Old F-100's and Econoline I have always enjoyed but I Was in my 30's before I liked the '32/'34, it took my dad passing away and me finding black and white pictures of him and his brand new '57 Fairlane he had just bought for me to appreciate those. The older I get the '36 Ford coupe becomes my dream car but I just can't embrace the Fords of the 1940's.