Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical HELP ME

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Doctorterry, Nov 26, 2015.

1. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

were

62s were still the cast ones
    62s

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I nailed a BIG lump of concrete once in my wifes car.:confused: Heavy traffic on the freeway, I was probably going a little fast:oops:, cars on both sides of me, didn't see it until the guy in front of me ran over it:eek:, I braked and moved over in my lane as much as I could, but instead of running over it (which would have been REAL bad), I tagged it with the drivers side front wheel, peeled the tire right off the rim at probably 45 mph, I was lucky I didn't hit the guy beside me. I KNEW there was no way in hell I was gonna miss it completely, it was "grit your teeth and wait for it".

3. 327Eric

327Eric

Yup. Looks like my spiders gears. Don't get scared away. We were all teenagers once. Kinda like the questions on Off Topic stuff that come and go. Keep to the nuts and bolts and keep driving the classics. I was a lot older than 18 when I thoughtdumping the clutch on my 59 in the middle of nowhere was a good Idea. At least you had friends around to help you out.

Doctorterry likes this.
  4. It's funny when a millennial asks for help to get outa trouble after ignoring every single thing ever said to help them stay outa trouble

Hnstray likes this.
  5. squirrel

squirrel

62 with the six or 283 had cast iron powerglide, the 327 got the new aluminum powerglide.

6. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

yup -- had *some* experience w them things over the years -- ;) :) like the "sheet metal" ones mself [ riveted fasteners don't come loose & rattle-knock @ idle ]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  7. LOL you sound like my grandpa, well except he was talking about me most of the time. ;)

@squirrel is right about the iron and aluminum power glides by the way. Not that he needs my endorsement but just in case you don't know him.