Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical HELP ME

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Doctorterry, Nov 26, 2015.

1. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

I remember breaking dad's car more then once...We arrived at a consensuses, I broke it, I fixed it, I paid for the parts. If I didn't know how to fix it, I'd better learn!
    It wasn't very long before I was breaking my own car! I figured if i had to fix it and pay for it, at least it was going to be on my car. I've been collecting broken parts for many years! I must be getting old, these days it costs to much and is too much work to break stuff and then repair it.
    Gene

2. desotot

desotot

Hurry up and tell your dad,,, then let us know how it went.

3. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Hahaaa the good ol days !

4. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

I guess he's still out in the garage. I hope he at least got dinner.

5. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

Oh man this is classic! I'd suggest owning up to it, tell him you'll pay for the parts and make the repair a father and son project.

6. Iowa 409 Guy

Iowa 409 Guy
    from Iowa

Terry, you little SOB, I told you not to beat the car............Just fess up, take what you have coming Son.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Well technically he's an adult but...

He may not have gotten the exact answer he was thinking he was going to get but got what he needed to hear. Come clean and face the music.

Strangely quiet from his end. Anyone see any news reports?

8. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

My guess is that he didn't like the answers that were given :)

9. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Back to the original problem....probably the rear end or an axle broke. The grinding when you put it in park was just that the driveline was still spinning. Hope the ol' man isn't too pissed.

10. clem

clem

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

well, in theory anyway...;):p

clem likes this.
  12. cretin

cretin

Dad must have killed him.

falcongeorge likes this.
  13. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Well it looks like he cut him off from the H.A.M.B.

falcongeorge likes this.
  14. Doctorterry

Doctorterry

funny! Nah it's "my" car but last time I bent a tie Rod in the '62 while not hotrodding (honest to god I wasn't) he ripped me a new one so I was a bit nervous to tell him somthing I did that coulda be prevented. Turns out the spider gear on one side was GONE and the other one had some metal termite damage lol. Pulled the 3.70 and put in the ole 3.30 :/ no more bad to the bone burn outs for me

norms30a likes this.
  15. How do you bend a tie rod, lets see,,,,
    Running the wheels into stuff because your not paying attention, running over something big enough to snag a tierod, Big enough that Stevie wonder could see it. You would have seen it too if you were paying attention. And then there's the burnout that gets sideways and the wheels run into the curb.

I'd bet you $50.00 you're old man wasn't mad about a bent tie rod, he ripped you a new one because you weren't paying attention.

Millenials

Hnstray likes this.
  16. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

Glad you reported back here (and obviously survived). We were wondering how "Dad" took the bad news.:eek:

17. Doctorterry

Doctorterry

Allow me type up the whole story it's a pretty good one

18. Doctorterry

Doctorterry

Okay so the whole tie Rod thing, I didn't do anything at the moment to bend it! What happened was I was driving around the country side in the ole Biscayne, better known around these parts as the biscuit. It was gettin late so I decide to turn around in a drive way and head home. I pull in and then start backing up and it wouldn't roll until I goosed it. It felt like it was binding up so I got out and looked, my wheels were pigeon toed!! I looked under the front end and the idler arm had flipped around forward! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1448809810.234756.jpg

I then realized that I was at friends house, what a coincidence!
    Anyways, I might've been whipping donuts in the wet school parking lot the night before but I'm sure that wasn't related (;

So a month later or so, I get invited to a bonfire at the same house, and before I leave my dad says "You know what happened last time you were at that house! You better not tear up your car again!!" So I go to the bonfire, and I decide to go mudding with a kid in his truck. He buries it to the axle and I have to tell my mom I'm gonna miss curfew. We finally get pulled out and get back to the fire. This kid body slams a girl and gives her a concussion. Crappy night so far right!? Well I tell everyone I'm gonna make this night better because I'm gonna do a BA burnout. I back the ole biscuit out into the road and power brake that mama jama until the air is thick with smoke. She shifted into second spinning hard. All of the sudden BAM!!! Rpms fly through the roof and the smoke settles. I rolled out of my car and laid on the road. Long story short the guy wouldn't let me do a 3rd member swap in his drive swap in his drive way so I rolled it up his drive way and stayed the night at my friend's house. My mom told my dad before I even could and he didn't kill me!! Turns out he blew up a rear end when he was in high school with his '57 chevy. This is what I found last night while fixing it.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1448810721.754481.jpg

Spider gears ladies and gents

norms30a likes this.
  19. Might need to save up before you go back to that house again.

Must be the house.

Thanks for letting us know.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

Keep all this in mind when YOU have a teenage driver!!!!:D:p:D:)

clem likes this.
  21. slowmotion

slowmotion

Well, that certainly clears things up.

22. Dave Downs

Dave Downs
    from S.E. Penna

I just read your story -

As someone who may be old enough to be your great-grandfather, if you are hanging around with guys that 'body slams a girl' and gives her a concussion you really need to re-evaluate the type of people you hang with.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  23. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Kinda notice a change in attitude between your first post and your last one.

I think I liked the first one better.

Ray

24. belair

belair

The only guy in this story that needs his ass kicked is the body slammer.

25. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

This is true, did you or any of your "friends" kick his nuts up under his adams apple ? if not you are nothing more than a POS yourself...

26. Well this thread was on topic, but quickly moving into shut down territory I predict.

Makes earlier FB-like comment seem correct.

27. Doctorterry

Doctorterry

Lol they were just "play wrestling" and he was just messin around probably flirting, and then another girl came in and helped the other girl out so he tried to take her to the ground and there happened to be a root right where her head was going and he kinda landed on top of her.

Sorry this is off topic but the intention of creating this post was, if it was the 3rd member for sure I was gonna swap one right there at 1am so dad never knew!! Lol

28. This thread started out as kinda on topic but now its just some stupid kid stuff polluting the hamb in my opinion. Terry, come back when you grow up. I am not interested enough to read any more replies here.

1956 F100 likes this.
  29. Tfeverfred had it right.

"Bucket of teenage drama"

30. Doctorterry

Doctorterry

Oh asking fellow car people advice on what broke on my car is drama? I think you are in the wrong sir.