Register now to get rid of these ads!

The last Grasp Special '34 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Mar 23, 2012.

1. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Roof mockup on Tony's roadster.
    Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  2. Looks good. good to see you post again, Geoff. Thought you'd disappeared.

3. Looking good boys...

4. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

Good to have you back Whodack!!

5. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpg
    Went to Bright over the weekend on s shake down run for the pickup all went well.

WD I caught up with Gary and had a great chat

rat bastad and 509garyd like this.
  6. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Geoff came down and spent some time with us down Port Fairy , It was really great just relaxing and lots of catching up , the grandkids came to visit their uncle Geoff , it was great times and we also gave him a surprise birthday party . Hoping for more good times ahead having fun with our hot rods and our true friends .

509garyd and Drewfus like this.
  7. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

Today I was placing my original 32 guards into my storage container when I was jumping over a chromed 39 diff to get out and in a one in a million chance event my laces caught on the shocker bracket sending me tumbling !! I could not for the life of me get out of this and needed to call Steve the Greek for help - he obliged and took this embarrassing pic... ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1448183395.592057.jpg

8. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

stromi.jpg thought i would keep contributing here, hope you don't mind guys??

but this week i was busy refurbing and screwing together these two 48 model stronmbergs. i want to experiment with the blown motor to see if i get a bit more perfromance out of these?? they should flow more cfm than the 97s i currently have??
    not sure will see...

509garyd likes this.
  9. Wardog

Wardog

Good luck with the experiment Tom. I'm keen to see the results. I don't know you're view on new stuff or if you are already aware of these but the big97's may be an option.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=27903

10. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

to be honest Cam, i had forgotten about the BIG97 until you reminded me. They flow a huge 250cfm over stock 150cfm there abouts. The 48's I read are good for around 170cfm so around a 15% improvement - ahh well small steps and i get to save a really cool hot rod piece!!
    I will consider these for the aussie coupes motor though.

11. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1448682645.722958.jpg
    Coupe has finally been exposed from 10ft of accumulation in as many years, starting to work in the old girl again

509garyd, rat bastad and Wardog like this.
  12. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

13. Look forward to the progress updates...

14. Wardog

Wardog

Yes Tommy!!!!!

15. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

Today I was busy building this custom linkage from an old 6 carb progressive linkage kit I had. This is destined for a twin fire flat motor I am working on. The manifold is a Rual 4 carb staggered 2x2 very very cool piece and actually has runners that balance out the intake ports. Linkage at this stage is all direct but I think I will have to make it progressive but uncle Max the Stromberg guru here on the HAMB has already provided me with the jet and PV sizes for a 4 in line direct set up but I will reach out to him again because this set up will need a re thought over jetting and PV.

Thought I would continue to keep the interest up on this magnificent thread. Again hope you guys don't mind my ramblings...

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1448785269.779239.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1448785293.321941.jpg

p__moore, kidcampbell71 and 509garyd like this.
  16. That's an awesome rare manifold you have there Tommy, can't say I have ever seen one at all like that? Keep the posts coming...

17. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

Thanks GaryD just wanting to keep things ticking along here, how's the coupe going mate? I will see you soon we are due for a big chat.

I have finished up the linkage and works ok needs of course fine adjusting... But we are used to that caper right guys !!! These cars of ours always have there fists up, nothing is ever easy. But I wouldn't want it any other way!!
    image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

p__moore, thommoina33 and 509garyd like this.
  18. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

Now it's complete, not destined for grandpas oldie!!

image.jpg

19. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

20. That's a real nice looking intake Tom. Me and the kids went out have a look around the guzzlers car club prison break campout yesterday arvo. It seemed to be a fairly good turnout for their first time running this event. They had some bands playing, activities for the kids, and later American graffiti on the drive in screen. (Unfortunately we couldn't stay for the movie.) Today we went to the drags at koroit and watched my uncle in come 2nd overall in his blown 355 holden Gemini. After he won the final and had to re run it due to a timing light malfunction, he wasn't real happy about that but at least he didn't go out in the first round or break something.

21. Oh and apologies for the lack of pictures too.

22. Wardog

Wardog

That's a good looking intake. I couldn't help but notice a couple of drinks and a Sunday roast as well?

23. fnjunk

fnjunk
    from Australia

Love the manifold Tom,keep posting dude looking forward to seeing that 5 window on the road buddy.

24. Looking good Tommy, great to catch up a few weeks ago amigo !!

25. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

Just want to let all you know Steve the Greek is hosting a Rockabilly night this Saturday at the Wallace Pub ( near Ballarat) where the Straight 8s will be playing. Kicks off at 7pm all proceeds going to Charity

26. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1449564741.553088.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1449564768.018591.jpg

Just posting a few updates on the pickup

27. Sweet Tommy...

28. fnjunk

fnjunk
    from Australia

Lookin good Tom
    How about a close up of the door art buddy?

29. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1449568517.384385.jpg

Sure Darren

How's the coupe mate?

509garyd and fnjunk like this.
  30. fnjunk

fnjunk
    from Australia

Looks great buddy!
    Coupes not too far away dirty fuel (Johno) is coming around to help me fit the fenders on the weekend.
    Getting there slowly mate.