Register now to get rid of these ads!

Final Championship Round Sydney 2015

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Nov 15, 2015.

1. spanners

spanners

The final championship round was to be run at Sydney on Saturday 14th November 2015. You will note I said "was to be run". You guessed correctly, it was rained out. AGAIN!
    Jeff has a fairly high chance of winning the championship this year. It's a bit closer between 2nd and third so when we run the rescheduled round on the 28th November, Steve and Gerard will be aiming to take out the runner-up trophy. I made their job easier by missing out on a few rounds this year with illness so there wasn't as much competition :D.
    I'll keep you posted if and when we have a result.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    Black Knight Racing likes this.
  2. Black Knight Racing

Black Knight Racing
    from Sydney Oz

Was great that everyone popped out to our place for morning tea. This year has been the best year for ha/gr . Made new friends and the racing has been awesome

3. Black Knight Racing

Black Knight Racing
    from Sydney Oz

Catch up at Castlereagh ha/gr lives on with this group of people

Attached Files:

4. HAMBsterLady

HAMBsterLady

Wish we had more interest here. It is such a great idea and all who enter the class seem to be great people. We have a small but great group of HAMBsters.

5. spanners

spanners

Tomorrow 28th November we hopefully will run the final round of the championship series at Sydney Dragway. The forecast is iffy but possible. During the course of the day there is going to be a wedding held on the start line. Yep, that's right, a wedding. Apparently the couple had booked the Dragway for the event ages ago but when the race day was rained out a fortnight ago, they were approached to allow the race day to go ahead around them. Good on them for saying yes.
    Let us hope the weather is pleasant for the lucky couple as well as us petrol-heads.

6. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Maybe they will use the tree to start the wedding. Take pictures. ;)

7. bobw

bobw

I've seen a friend's ashes scattered at the big end but I ain't never seen a wedding at the drag strip. Best wishes to the happy couple and I hope the rain holds off.

8. spanners

spanners

This is a picture of the racing action at Sydney Dragway today.
    DSC00599.JPG
    We got there, unpacked, did paperwork, had breakfast, watched the rain come down. After 4 hours they called the day a washout. We drove the 2 hours home without seeing a single raindrop. As a result we weren't there for the wedding so sorry you blokes, no photos. Apparently the bride and groom both race in the motorbike bracket.
    That's pretty much it for us this year so time to do some piddly maintenance jobs on the HAMBster and do it all again next year.

9. Black Knight Racing

Black Knight Racing
    from Sydney Oz

I would like to say Congrats to Jeff for taking out the Championship and also to you Pete and the other guys for keeping HA/GR on the map in Sydney. A bit of a crappy day for it to rain with Dave having his first taste behind the wheel in my car but it worked out well for me in the long run. I hope next year is as good as this year with the racing. Hope everyone and there families keep safe over the break and have a great xmas/new years. Couple of more pics

Attached Files:

blackknight likes this.
  10. spanners

spanners

The upshot of the Sydney Dragway championships was.....
    1st place ....Jeff
    2nd place....Steve
    3rd place ....Gerard
    4th place......Me
    5th place......Mangrove Steve
    6th place......Joe
    Congratulations to all place getters.
    Hopefully with a change in the round structure, we might get in a few more dry days in 2016. There's only going to be 7 rounds instead of 9, with no rounds during the Winter months ( May, June, July ).
    Thanks everybody for coming along for the ride and enjoying the videos and race reports. We start again in February so in the meantime, have a great Christmas and a revving New Year.
    Peter and the Crew chief.

blackknight likes this.