Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1931 Model A The Harbor Kustom's Coupe, A "Bonneville/Rolling Bones" style build!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HarborKustomSpeedShop, May 5, 2014.

1. LMAO on that one!
    Nice job with the wood kit!

laidout53 likes this.
  2. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

Nice ink! What better to hang your left arm out that narrow window! This is in my top 5 all time favorite builds on HAMB. Keep the pics & tech coming, watchin & learnin.

laidout53 likes this.
  3. 55willys

55willys

Great build, it will be great to see it in person some day. I am also a NW builder

laidout53 likes this.
  4. Thank you! yeah thats why i did the hot rod stuff on my left arm!

thanks, hope to have it drivable by this summer (fingers crossed)!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  5. Well did a little parts digging and found out i had a 35-36 drive shaft to make my exhaust out of! Im not quite to that point but I've been thinking about the exhaust routing lately... Now I'm excited!

[​IMG]

Tim_with_a_T likes this.
  6. swifty straights

swifty straights

frame looking sharp! nice work! looking forward to more pics!

7. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Very nice work. Looking forward to seeing more of it! just north of you across the 49th!

laidout53 likes this.
  8. Did a quick mock up of the exhaust tonight!

[​IMG]

v8paul, Outback and bengeltiger like this.
  9. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

Exhaust mock up looks good. I'm thinking along the same line but will probably dump just before the rear wheels. Is that not traditional? I notice most of the builds dump under the door like your pictures.

10. Thanks man, I've seen it done with longer side pipes, most just cut them in half. Its all personal preference. I was also thinking of making them longer but I want more of a race car look so I decide to keep them short.

11. It looks awesome keep the updates coming

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Next time you have a tape measure let us know how long the finished hood is, it just looks so right. Bob

bengeltiger likes this.
  13. Thanks, It's 36 3/4" down the belt line of the hood and 35 1/2" down the center on the top. Hope thats what your looking for Bob!

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

That is why it looks so nice a stock '32 is 32 inches long if my memory is right. Bob

laidout53 likes this.
  15. LTM75110

LTM75110

Looking good...

laidout53 likes this.
  16. Here's a little better picture, waiting for my tubing to come in and then i'll be starting on the headers.
    [​IMG]

bengeltiger, Tobbe J, Jet96 and 3 others like this.
  17. Got the exhaust done on Tuesday, here is a picture. I will try to get a better one this weekend as the car is back on the ground. It was an experience for sure, the driver side I thought would be harder actually turned out to be easier lol. I tried to get them as flowing as i could, It should breath pretty good. Might have to make some baffles to quite it down.

Started with this, a header kit for a small block chevy...
    [​IMG]

and this is what i came up with...

[​IMG]

Justin

cactus1, texkbc, v8paul and 2 others like this.
  18. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Exhaust looks great! I plan on doing something along the same lines for mine. Which sbc header kit did you use?

19. Thanks @lodaddyo. Its the JEGS brand 1 5/8" kit, it was the cheapest and I got the flanges from speedway.

lodaddyo likes this.
  20. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Awesome man thanks, love the build!

21. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

Justin, awesome workmanship you have set the bar high for some one to shoot for, hope to see the car sometime , great work...................

laidout53 likes this.
  22. Thanks @plywude! I have friends in Modesto area, so maybe one year I'll have it at graffiti week...

23. KustomCandy

KustomCandy
    from Australia

Nice style.
    Subscribed to watch this finished.

Dan

laidout53 likes this.
  24. Ok here are some better pictures of the exhaust from the side and I drilled and sleeved the front wishbones. As well as cut the rest of the old spring hanger off and shape them. I cleaned up some of the roughness for over the years, what them to look nice but still look old...

[​IMG]

Tried to match the frame with the bend in the exhaust

[​IMG]

Wishbones

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Justin

v8paul, Tim_with_a_T, Muttley and 4 others like this.
  25. Looks awesome!!