Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Beware scammer Charles Nasby

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blackout78666, Nov 25, 2015.

1. blackout78666

blackout78666

Just a heads up. Almost just got scammed by a want ad here on the hamb. I feel this post is a total waste of space as there are way cooler thing to post, hot rods! But wanted to share so no one else gets taken image.jpg Here was the reply! Score. image.jpg Hell yeah those look good but...... Man it seems oddly familiar... Quick google image search confirmed my suspicion, I had just missed these on the hamb as they sold on 11/9/15. But maybe the new buyer is having second thoughts. Easy enough. "How long have you had these?" image.jpg Son of a bitch. Almost got me. Y'all beware. Here's his address
    image.jpg Y'all have a good thanksgiving. He didn't even offer me a discount off the original price. Sure would have liked to have em though! Take good care. Jay

2. stangman05gt

stangman05gt
    from illinois

Yep that be a scammer!!!

1927graham likes this.
  3. 117harv

117harv

Have you let a mod know?

4. badshifter

badshifter

Any time they use the word "kindly", it's a scam.

blackout78666 and patmanta like this.

5. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Yes that is a scam.....

There is no HAMB screen name Charles Nasby.

Do you have his HAMB screen name ?

OR did he just email you with out identifying his HAMB screen name ?

If you have his HAMB screen name, please send it to me.

Thank you for the heads up.

6. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Well thank you 'kindly' for posting this. These guys are the scum of the earth. Thanks again for exposing him for what he really is.

7. $um Fun

$um Fun
    from Nor Cal

Its not good being a turkey this close to Thanksgiving.

timwhit likes this.
  8. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

LEAD HIM ON TELL HIM TO SIT BACK THE MONEY IS ON THE WAY

turboroadster likes this.
  9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

yep, the predators are out there trolling to take another anxious buyer's $$

10. NICE CATCH! Glad you did not lose $!

11. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Tell him that you're actually going to be in town for the holiday and can stop by and pick them up.

12. blackout78666

blackout78666

image.jpg I looked him up on here as best I could because in my naïveté I thought maybe they we're bought, couldn't be used and we're being resold. But the wording in his email just didn't sound right. When he confirmed that in fact he was full of shit I was too damn mad to mess with him and send him pictures of various ballsacks and ....... I could dig up from the internet. Asshole. I sent him a picture of the hamb ad he stole pics and info from. Sorry for the foul language. I guess I goofed putting my email address in the ad. Edit on the way.

13. 117harv

117harv

I see these threads more and more, it's great that the member wants to let us know so we won't get burned...however. Starting a thread is like letting all your neighbors know your house is on fire instead of calling the fire department. Many just get on here to check their messages/adds and never look at the main forum page and never see these threads.

He is clearly a scammer, IMO the best course of action is to notify a moderator so their account will be deleted ASAP. This will protect all of us, especially those who do as those previously mentioned. Sadly after they get banned they will just join again...be careful and check their profiles.

14. That's freaking hilarious!!!!! Do you have Relatives in Lubbock? we may be related as that is exactly what I would do!

15. After they are banned they will start off with zero posts. The number of posts and their quality is one of the things I check when trying to decide if someone is legit. If someone has a single digit number of posts I ask them why.

Charlie Stephens

117harv likes this.
  16. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

That address is just a few miles down the road from where i sit now. Shitty. That can be a bad area of town.

17. I've bought some expensive things here from members, but I look over their profile and posts first. One thing (M20 Muncie) I paid for with a money order, had the transmission within a week. As advertised, no BS or excuses.

falcongeorge likes this.
  18. metlmunchr

metlmunchr

Anyone asking for payment by Moneygram is a scammer. Just like western union, once its gone there's no getting it back or stopping payment. All the person needs is the information he asked you to send him, and with that he can retrieve the money most anywhere in the country.

19. proufo

proufo

BE AWARE OF Frank Aguirre
    hi
    i am a new member here andi posted an ad looking for a part
    i recieved an e-mail 3 weeks after i posted it from Frank Aguirre (of Frank Auto Spares TX)
    who said he had the part i needed/ sent pictures and asked i pay the $800.00 via money gram and send it to richard or Claudia Aguirre and they would ship once the payment was recieved
    i said i would pay via pay pal or credit card but he insisted that it would be better by money gram
    then he claimed he could do pay pal if i sent it as a friend or family
    AS YOU KNOW OR MAYBE DONT KNOW if you send payment via pay pal "as a friend or family" your funds can not be cancelled/ returned and are NOT insured if you dont recieve the goods purchased
    my wife thought something was not right and checked his name and business out.........surprise no business by that name and there was also a gentleman in england scammed by this same guy who file a complaint on the net
    we called him on it and that he was a scammer and his relpy was "You do not have any trust in me on this deal, no problem i will keep searching for another buyer as i dont think you are serious."
    SOOOOO
    Frank / and Richard Aguirre in texas is a thief and scammer also. they target WANTED ADS on this site and others!
    so be very careful guys
    there is scum out there looking to take advantage of others
    regards
    roc

20. As much as people bad-talk eBay, I buy a lot of new and used parts there. Not that I have ever needed it, there is protection as well, plus you can check the sellers reputation and see his past transactions.

21. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.