Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Bodywork and paint on 46 Ford

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 2bubbas, Oct 9, 2014.

1. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

2. Sinistr

Sinistr

The color looks good, you''ll be cruising it in no time.

3. [​IMG]

Going the right direction at last!

bobwop and Olson like this.
  4. Looking good, bed you cannot wait now...

5. Compare this photo to Sept 4- looks much the same now has more dust-
    [​IMG]
    Thought I'd post a picture of no-progress- you'd think I owe them money-

6. Ralphies54

Ralphies54

Looking great, hopeing that's not a dent in the door and just a screw hole for a mirror!

7. Ralphies54- good eyes- screw hole- plan to use 56 Ford mirrors- hoping to see better to the rear-

8. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Unfortunately If they have already been paid, that could be the reason for no hurry but I will say they have done a very nice job so far from what I can see and it will be rite, when and if they ever do get done.

9. Lots done since Oct 1st- heard it start today- wiring about all done- sound deadener- need a few parts yet but getting closer- front clip ready but easier to work on wiring with it out of way-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

509garyd likes this.
  10. cmarcus

cmarcus

Man that looks killer! LOVE it.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. Olson

Olson

Bet you're glad to see that progress. Lookin' good!

12. When tearing car apart found an old police siren in front wheel well- tested it out and works- have wired it up to a starter button- wasn't going to but now wired in turn signals and emergency flashers- will do seat belts-

40fordtudor, bobwop and Peanut 1959 like this.
  13. krazymatt

krazymatt

Hey that's a beautiful car! Looks like they did an awesome job. Around here I always dealt with that waiting game and then they'd never finish so the truck you see in my profile I did myself last year-learned how to weld, paint body all that. It took some time but I work full time and I still nailed the job in a summer so it doesn't take that much time.

14. verde742

verde742

Never pay in advance, they lose the incentive, and your project suffers,
    AND NEVER SAY THERE' S "NO HURRY."

A friend of mine lost his truck in body shop hell for 5 years, I said take them the title, Tell them now you owe me, your using it for shelving. They had stuff stacked in and around it.
    He got it done "pretty darn quick."

15. krazymatt

krazymatt

Verde, I had a situation where I took a truck to a local body guy who had a shop out of his house and was very highly known to do great work. I took the truck in May of 2000 and he said "give me 2 weeks" I honestly think he had a drug problem and I'm lucky I got the truck back. On Columbus Day 2000 I went to his house with my dad and luckily it drove as I just drove it home nearby with no windshield and the bed ratchet strapped to the frame. I went back later that week for the paint. That was the end of anyone else ever touching my classics!!!

16. Car looks great. Like to know how quiet it is on I-75, with the sound deadening you've done. Post if you get it out for a ride before the snow flies.

17. Careful as I was in ordering stuff I still missed a few key parts- on order now- did get to hear the radio today- Rear bumper on so rear about done- paint color and stainless and chrome look really nice IMO-

18. Last car I built totally myself it took me 8 years- built a few in a one car garage- painted on driveway-

Still more to do- roof for sure- I think any rides will be done next Spring- no interior for a while yet-

19. krazymatt

krazymatt

2Bubbas, wow 8 years? Was it a nut and bolt restoration or were the funds limited?

20. Funds and time! Rodded a 1939 Coupe- [​IMG]

509garyd and Olson like this.
  21. krazymatt

krazymatt

Very Nice 2Bubbas!

22. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

It took me 7 years to restore my 1962 ford GALAXIE.

23. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Twobubbas---Thanks for the comment. I really like your pick too. I added 9 grams of blue pearl to a gal of PPG 2007 Altima dark slate. It goes black in the shadows.

24. Slow but sure- wheel done- weatherstrip installed on doors-
    [​IMG]

Olson likes this.
  25. indyjps

indyjps

Car is looking great, nice color choice. You need to stop by at least once a week. Start working on your own car in their shop, spend a couple hours there each time. Hope it all works out.

The painter I plan to use works from his house, but was a pro for 15 years in a large shop. He works in another industry now. I've been watching him for a few years, he only takes on 1 car at a time and turns them over quickly and his work is beautiful, nothing sits around, he doesn't have the space.

26. desotot

desotot

Very nice, color suits the coupe .

27. Was done but a stress crack in front windshield-

Attached Files:

509garyd likes this.
  28. Side view with new Posie reverse eye spring- hoped to lower front but actually raised it as old spring was sagging 100_0035.JPG - will front settle a bit- date is actually 11-18-15

509garyd likes this.
  29. That's looking awesome, I really like that colour....