Register now to get rid of these ads!

can't log out completely

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by flatmotor40, Oct 6, 2015.

1. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

When I log out and come back next day my log in name and password is still there in view.Used to have to type it in.Just started this week.What is worng

2. moefuzz

moefuzz

Nothing is wrong, you are fully logged out but your computer is automatically entering the data into the boxes so that you don't have to type it in.

... it's just your personnel/home computer is set to automatically fill in the blanks (-remember passwords)... Nothing to worry about, you Are logged out on the forum......

99% of users prefer to have their personnel/home computer 'automatically" fill in the blanks for them the next time they visit the (any) forum/website because it saves them the hassle of typing it in again and again, over and over - day after day - year after year.

This is a natural function/option of every version of Internet Explorer/Firefox/Opera browser built to date.
    The 'save passwords' option is usually found in your browsers tools/options drop down menu.

My version of Windows XP and Firefox browser has been set to automatically fill in the blanks (save passwords) for me since the year 2000 when I first set up windows XP and even prior to that when I ran windows 3.1 back in the 90's. I have not had to re re re type in a password for any website for years.

...Even if I sign out and come back months later, my personnel computer has remembered my password and will instantly/automatically fill in the blanks so that I don't have to try and remember my password(s) for any one of the 100 sites that I visit monthly/annually. It is a useful feature.

====================

Depending on your brand of browser, the option will be found under the tools drop down menu...

Select Tools (drop down menu)
    Select options and then find the place/box that says "remember passwords"..

This is what it looks like in my version of Firefox browser,
    your computer will have something similiar...
    tools - option remember passwords002.jpg

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  3. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Thanks not really computer savy at all

4. I like the idea of remembering my log in information. HRP

5. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Clear your history on your computer and you will find you have to type in your name to log on again.

6. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Thanks where is your history

7. You'll have to hunt around a bit in your browser and click some things marked Tools, Options, Settings or something similar. Might help to know which browser you're using. o_O

8. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

What he said. If GOOGLE chrome it will be in the tools box.

9. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Thanks I use Chrome

10. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Thanks as I was on yesterday it just took me off logged in and went to where I had to log out to log back in to answer a question.Not a computer person.Again thanks