Register now to get rid of these ads!

Monroe WA Swap Meet this weekend!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shaggy, May 14, 2007.

1. I have to work Saturday won't be going( come on weather )...darn it !

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

It had crossed my mind to try to organize a pick-up for the bellhousing, but After I thought about it a bit, it works out better for me to pick it up in Bellingham anyway.
    Thanks again Paul, and I hope you enjoy the head gaskets!

3. It's Saturday and Sunday right?

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yes, but you want to go Saturday, and you want to be there when the gates open. Its a damn good swapmeet, I did GOOD at the last two, came home with a nice pile of stuff for not much $$. I cant go this time, but I will be back in the spring. I want to go to Portland next year too.

Nice looking T tudor in your avatar. I like full fendered tudors.

5. Wish I could go Saturday, but if I go it will have to be Sunday. The weather doesn't sound to good.

6. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

If anybody is packin' custom motorcycle or chopper magazines (or related) from back in the day, let 'em loose. I'd be happy to pick them up if they are in good condition. I or 100, it don't matter. A little OT, but I thought I would ask. Feel free to call me at 206-910-3033 cell. Will be there at 8am. Hoping for good weather.
    [email protected]

Attached Files:

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I've honestly never been on Sunday, but I think if that's the only time you can go, its probably still worth it. Its a good swap, theres a shitload of stuff there, and in my experience prices are decent.

8. samurai mike

samurai mike

on sunday it seems like everyone packs up at noon.

9. We (a bunch of 67-72 Chevy truck guys) will be in our usual spots over on the end spot by the totem building up against the road that turns off of 2 into the main parking area. My unibody is down so it wont be parked there, that's how I usually tell people to find me.

No idea what anyone is bringing to sell. Its usually a mish mash of everything, mostly Chevy products.

Weather is supposed to be real rough tomorrow, but nicer Sunday.

10. If you're coming from south of Seattle, remember that they've closed two lanes of I-405 to all but buses and drivers with 'Good to Go' passes (no more 'regular' HOV lanes) for most of it's length. I drove to Marysville a few weeks ago, and it was three hours up and four hours back (used to be under 2) from Yelm...

11. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

Ok, lots of rain this morning. Time to pull out the boat and float on over to the fairgrounds. A little more rust won"t hurt. Good luck on the hunt guys.

12. CGkidd

CGkidd

Got my waders

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I woke up this morning and remembered I need a good '52 Ford taillight lens for my coupester. Coulda asked a couple kanuckleheads to look for one, too late now...:rolleyes::D

14. samurai mike

samurai mike

got wet today but got some good stuff! scary drive back to bellingham. do all the crazy drivers come out when it rains? anybody get any deals?

caseywheels likes this.
  15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yea, cmon, those of us that didn't go need to live vicariously through the rest of you. Whatja get??:D

16. Paul

Paul
    Editor

Bought another shop manual, just about got a full set now, '49 through '64 Olds

20151010_122929.jpg

gsnort, 36 ROKIT and falcongeorge like this.
  17. I got wet.
    With a new project I was hoping to find some pieces, but not the case.
    A lot of empty spaces..which was expected due to the weather forecast.
    Like any swap meet, if you find something you want it's great, if you don't..not so much.

18. Since I live here in Monroe I ran over there this morning for an hour or so. Beautiful weather, many empty booths, with lots of people packing up early. I was thinking I might run in to some good deal of some kind, but prices seemed kinda high to me considering the probable lack of sales for the vendors this weekend.

19. Didn't make it. Probably a good thing, didn't sound to promising.I'll try again in the spring.

20. john walker

john walker

Went saturday. In and out before the rain. Got nothing. Went to chelalis too, got nothing. I swear the area is just tapped out. Sure ain't like it used to be.

21. F-head

F-head

lotsa great deals
    the rain made a lot of people bag out
    super fun swap
    B

22. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Went Saturday morning, made it through most of the outdoor spaces before the rain. Still many vendors, picked up some items that I needed, so overall it was still a good one.

23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I gotta go in the spring, I need a couple more WCFB's, 2 more 94's and some other stuff.

24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

It rained when I was there last fall too, same thing, got some good deals. I don't know, I figure if you go to Munroe and come home empty handed, that's a sign you need more projects...;):D

caseywheels likes this.
  25. uncle buck

uncle buck

OK B , what did ya score? I left empty handed - but I also wasn't there very long . D

26. F-head

F-head

got a super nice chrome pot metal roadster back window ,suitable for a 34 or 36 roadster
    with excellent chrome on both sides for 20 bucks and a nice pair of wide whites for the rear of my 53 PU
    plus lotsa little trinkets,
    no Ardun heads,Kinmont brakes or anything earth shattering.
    lotsa fun though
    and Randy threw down the killer BBQ lunch
    B

27. I sound like a downer but that had to be the worst swap meet I've done in a long time for me(I usually do both Monroes). I sold $6 worth of stuff only bought one thing early Friday and fought the rain all weekend. I always tell people if your not prepared for rain then your not prepared but damn....

28. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

29. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I take it the rain was pretty heavy, We actually got a weather warning for heavy rain, but it must have missed us to the south and went right over Munroe. We just got a little in the morning.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  30. uncle buck

uncle buck

That about covered your gas back home to I-90 but not quite enough for a hamburger