Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Corvette Gassers

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by bigalturk1, Mar 23, 2011.

1. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

HOW MUCH WILL THAT BODY SET A PERSON BACK?

Rat Sass likes this.
  2. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Very nice looking body, Scott makes nice stuff. How wide of a tire are y'all allowed to run in that class it looks really wide in the pics. I love the wheels good choice also.

Rat Sass and Scottrodsllc like this.
  3. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Baron I'm doing right the opposite for a customer. He brought me an original to turn into a gasser. This body is flawless even the original dash pad. It has been stored inside it's whole life. When we unbolted stuff the bolts came right out no rust on any of the metal parts. Here's a few teaser pics, I don't want to show too much because I'm thinking about doing a build thread on here. IMG_0462.jpg IMG_0464.jpg IMG_0465.jpg IMG_0466.jpg IMG_0468.jpg IMG_0469.jpg

4. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Quain. Excellent. You'll be ok with the gasser police but you'll have the NCRS police after you . Knowing the work you do, this will be a killer car. Nice to start out with such a nice clean Corvette. Look forward to the build. Back on my 57 next week after a 3 month break.

Rat Sass and Quain Stott like this.
  5. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

The guy that owns the car won't let me tell his name because he's worried about the vette police. My brother Mitch is going to drive it with the owner to stay in the back ground. I guess the vette police will have to bitch at me LOL.

6. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

WOW THAT IS TOO COOL

Rat Sass and Quain Stott like this.
  7. jimdillon

jimdillon

Quain glad to see you are getting started on it. I hope you do a build thread-that would be great. You can do that one for Mitch and hopefully the other Vette(s) will find their way to your shop for yourself.

Don't worry about the NCRS police. I spoke to a collector recently who took a big brake 62 Vette and restomodded it. The Corvette stock guys have to get a life. I have hundreds of pictures of old drag Corvettes-what happened to all of them? There is a tremendous heritage in old Corvette drag racing yet absolutely no heritage to restomods yet restomods are being spit out like jelly beans it seems. Too many Corvettes with drag history were ruined by bringing them back to stock so it is about time we showed the stock nazis what a Corvette was made for. Good stuff.

Toner283, Rat Sass, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  8. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Took the last three months off from working on it. Needed a little break and this is/was the time of the year to drive my other fair-weather cars. I'll have plenty of time these next six months to get it up and running . Keep us posted on the 2016 schedule.

Rat Sass likes this.
  9. Scottrodsllc

Scottrodsllc
    from ohio

We can run a 31/13 Quain.

Rat Sass likes this.
  10. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Wow I thought they looked big. I'm guessing the rim is 12" it looks deep. We only allow 11.5 x 30 trying to stay in the late 60s era , and we are cheating a little LOL. BTW where did you get the rear rims I have a project that I'm putting Cragers on and need some wide rims for the rear.

Rat Sass likes this.
  11. Rat Sass

Rat Sass

Can't wait to see this project going forward. I have a '63 Roadster that I am leaning more & more toward gasserization. ;-)

12. Rat Sass

Rat Sass

That is gonna be awesome! The '61/'62 was my favorite Corvette all my life...until the Crazy Grampa car came along LOL.

Crazy Grandpa and Quain Stott like this.
  13. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

This should be a real interesting project to follow along with.
    AA/GS always had some of the best drag racing cars.

Jimbo

Rat Sass likes this.
  14. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Crazy Grampa wins the 2015Thompson Gasser Reunion video.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  15. loudbang

loudbang

Rat Sass likes this.
  16. noboD

noboD

Rat Sass likes this.
  17. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

18. elgringo71

elgringo71

Quain, I am looking forward to seeing that corvette build thread and then see it race. The South East Gassers is getting a good variety of cars and it's great for the fans.

Crazy Grandpa that is one mean machine that has both the Show and the Go covered. Thanks for showing people what a Gasser Corvette is and what they can do. Many younger fans have never seen one and don't know what they are missing. Here is one from back in the day that reminds me of yours.

image.jpg

1957 Corvette I/SA – SS/NA National Record Holder

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  19. loudbang

loudbang

Go to 1:33 and 6:21 onward till the end for a couple of grandpa's runs

20. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Cool video and good looking cars. Did I hear the announcer say break out on a few of those run's.

Rat Sass likes this.
  21. Rat Sass

Rat Sass

That is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

22. Rat Sass

Rat Sass

;)

23. jimdillon

jimdillon

The video was pretty cool stuff and Crazy Grandpa deserves a big congrats on the win. I could watch this kind of stuff over and over and not get sick of it, especially when there is an old Vette in the mix.

Baron and Rat Sass like this.
  24. AHotRod

AHotRod

Cool Vette Scott Rods !!!

25. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Scott rods does really nice work. I'm planning to change my front end and doors to his stuff this winter. His stuff is light weight but still strong and good quality. I'm going to get rid of the lace paint that everybody hates.

Rat Sass likes this.
  26. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I LIKE THE LACE PAINT

Rat Sass, hendelec and Quain Stott like this.
  27. AHotRod

AHotRod

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !
    Your paint design is PERFECT !

Quain Stott likes this.
  28. Utahvette

Utahvette

badge.jpg
    As an official representative of the NCRS Police and being a NCRS Chapter Judging Chairman, I can assure you , after attending numerous conventions and viewing hundreds ,if not thousands of restored Corvettes, that the quota of restored cars has now been met , so from this day forward, modified cars are now perfectly acceptable. We don't care what you do to your car anymore. Chop away! In all seriousness though , as the owner and builder of many Hot Rod Corvettes , the few times I have been chastised for cutting up a Vette , it was by "armchair Corvette experts" . People that don't have, and likely never will have a Corvette , but believe their way is the only way . They were not NCRS members. If your going to play the "numbers" game then the NCRS is the ultimate resource for that and they will help guide you to get your car factory correct. But if that's not your thing then do it your way. Not all Corvettes are sacred. I may question the wisdom of modifying a rare car in such a way as to devalue it when there are plenty of "Plain Jane" Corvettes out there to chop up, that's what I do, but I feel its your money , do what you can afford. I love Hot Rod Corvettes and I really am a NCRS judge, I have 6 Hot Rod Vettes and 1 stocker. :)

29. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

CAN YOU POST A PIC OF YOUR CARS? I KNOW SOME OF THEM BUT I DON'T THINK I HAVE SEEN THEM ALL.
    THANKS

30. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Jim. I agree. Great on the big screen TV with the sound cranked up! Here is another one of the same group of cars , this time running 1320 ft.
    (Bob's 57 Corvette runs at 4 minute and again at 9.43 )