Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RWYB-Reynolds, GA Dec. 5, 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 11, 2015.

1. captainjim

captainjim
    from georgia
    1. S.F.C.C.

Hey, DOM, Suzi and I will join you at RWYB. How come no Luckys lately??? Jim

2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Jim, you and I are both wondering about the scarcity of visits to Lucky's and other events around ATL lately.
    Don't know if it's just everybody busy with last of Summer doings or what.
    Keep an eye out on SFCC social group.

3. captainjim

captainjim
    from georgia
    1. S.F.C.C.

Will do, but maybe you can rattle my cage if something comes up. Brotherinlaw is heading
    to The Race Of Gentlemen next week, sounds like a lot of fun. I'm committed to Cruisin The Coast in Biloxi. Jim

4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

That sounds like my car.

5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

You sorta quoted on 2 different type cars SF, which one?

6. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

It was the tetanus shot

7. Come on down and help us get the word out. :cool:
    I have 16 trophy kits to put together. I usually enjoy making them myself, but with the new job I just don't have the extra time. The categories are split up about 50/50 between drag racing and the car show.

[​IMG]

Days till go time ;)

8. And there goes #38 folks...

[​IMG]

9. BAD A

BAD A

How many cars usually race? And what's the total car count? Usually, for the show and race together?

Thanks

10. captmullette

captmullette

got a holley strip dominator intake for the "haint"and while I was turning the motor over to find tdc (by hand) my piston stop in number one broke of in the cylinder............ as the world turns

11. BAD A

BAD A

Sorry to here that. Sounds like you have the same kind of luck. I do.

12. Where is that damn dislike button :confused: Bobby you better get that thing together so I can show ya my taillights ;) :cool:

13. That'll blow out the exhaust pipe - fire it off :D

stealthcruiser likes this.
  14. [​IMG]

33 days till go time...

Who's in?

15. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bad A, you asked last week about car counts, and I've meant to get back on here and try to answer somehow. But it's sorta unprdictable. We have a few who show up just for the show, but most cares are raced and also in the show. All of it is strictly informal and unstructured, no classes or eliminations, race as often as you want, bye runs, luck of who happens to line up beside you, or choose off in the staging lanes, whatever you wnat!
    We could have 20 cars there or we could have 50 or more, we never know.
    Among my club, the Sock Fuckers, Carl and his blown '31 Chev coupe will be unable to come because of a daughter's graduation, and Dog Patch will be at Greer, SC with the rest of the SEGA cars for the season's final event for them. Tudor is at present unsure on whether he is bringing his FED, or the '32 coupe, the infamous Can O' Worms. I should be bringing both the '40 Ford coupe and BGII, my roadster.
    GAOldsman will be there with his coupe and if Capt. Mullette can quit screwing up stuff, he'll be there. Lots of others who come some years and not on other years. I assume they're either not computer active or lurkers.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    allwilly likes this.
  16. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

I will be there but 28 Roadster probably will not make it. Things are moving slowly on it. Done wiring and insulating body, but lots more to do and have not even thought about the interior yet. And hell have not even tried to start the engine yet. Late model for me.

17. BAD A

BAD A

Thanks Old man

18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

OOOOPPPSSSS!!!!!!!!!! Better give this a bump back to the tiop!

19. [​IMG]

Can't remember if I posted this or not, but here is a sneak peek at three of the 16 trophies for this years shenanigans. :cool:

[​IMG]

20. Dave did you ever corner that shirt guy?

21. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I gotta get back with him, but no problem, prices will be in line with similar events, as presently planned, he will be there with his mobile rig, no advance order neeeded! Whatever you want, RWYB logo & slogan both sides, or front back whatever you got pic of or something to photo.
    No need for pre-ordering, and prices competitive with any othr event. What else can you ask?

GAOldsman and loudbang like this.
  22. [​IMG]

Nice Vicky to represent the 28th day huh? @Cabbage

K:cool::cool:L

stealthcruiser likes this.
  23. [​IMG]

There ya go Dave ;) That oughta appease them NHRA Tech fellers :D

24. And one for Blacksmith Tom :cool:

[​IMG]

allwilly likes this.
  25. allwilly

allwilly

Got so much to do before I come...tic toc...b here before I know it

GAOldsman likes this.
  26. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Set BGII's wheels back down on the floor yesterday with all the trans. and floorboard work done. By the time I picked up all the tools and crap scattered out all around her, it was too late for a test drive.
    Leaving here for shop shortly, to take her for a spin. If all is well, I'm going to drive around for the afternoon to sorta wear in the trans (it is new, just been in storage since '65) and the Hurst shifter.
    When I'm satisfied with this, I'll put it back on stands to install Hurst Line Loc. Considering using the AN3 braided brake hoses from Speedway on hat job to speed that job up. Anybody tried them? All the SS 3/16 lines under there now are installed with AN 37* flares.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    GAOldsman likes this.
  27. allwilly

allwilly

Hope all goes well DOM

28. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

First time out today wasn,t for too long as the shifter lever was too close to the steering wheel and my knee wouldn,t go between wheel and lever.
    Back in shop, pull boot and lever, fire up torch with heating tip, heat and bend lever some more, let it cool a bit, doused it for final cool down, reinstalled and all is well.
    This trans is smoother, quieter and obviously much better. Just having to get used to the Hurst Comp +4 shifter, first I ever had. Drove it around all afternoon. I do have a tire balance bounce about 65, though, and where I was I couldn't get up any additional speed to see if I can drive thru it.
    Getting down in the short rows now!

GAOldsman likes this.
  29. Sounds like it's coming right together Dave :cool:

[​IMG]

24 days guys & gals :cool:

30. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

More driving around city streets today, and doing a lot of shifting, trying to get the feel of the new setup. Real pleased so far.

Hey Bobby, what's up with yours????