Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects hot rod works open drive kit sloppy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodderhaag, Oct 3, 2015.

1. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I have bought several kits from these guys. I bought one for my 34, put it on and it's sloppy as heck. I have 4 rear ends laying here in excellent low mileage shape, and they all feel the same .any suggestions? any one else ever run into this? ,the first kit I ordered fit tight. this one shakes the heck out of the rear end. I haven't called then yet due to the weekend .

2. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Did you buy the kit direct or get it from Speedway. I've had feedback that the Speedway is making their own kits and they have some play?

3. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

It's a hot rod works kit. directly from hot rod works

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

ruh roh

kidcampbell71 likes this.

5. spooler41

spooler41

I purchased an open drive kit from Speedway about 5 or 6 years ago, they were
    selling HotRod Works kits at the time and it fit perfectly ,no slop at all. I'm not
    sure that the quality is still the same quality as the older ones. I've heard that
    the newer Speedway kits were somewhat less than stellar. Good luck sorting it out.

........................ Jack

6. Ken Smith

Ken Smith
    Alliance Vendor

hotrodderhaag,
    Sorry you are having a problem. If you would like to send that part back, we will measure it and also test fit it on a new pinion.

FYI everyone, Speedway no longer sells our kits. They knocked it off and are selling their own loose fitting copies.

HRW

7. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

thanks for the response fellas. I was thrilled with your other kits . I haven't had a chance to call you yet.. I had a machinist add to locking screws on it opposite of the pin hole. so I cannot send it back since I modified it. it seems to be sloppy on all 4 of my rears. Maybe I have 4 had rear ends.. I'll give you a call this evening