Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Has anyone ever seen this Fargo pickup?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Federico_NQN, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Federico_NQN

Federico_NQN

Hi everyone,
    Has anyone ever seen this Fargo pickup? What model is it?
    upload_2015-10-4_21-13-6.jpeg upload_2015-10-4_21-13-36.jpeg upload_2015-10-4_21-14-1.jpeg upload_2015-10-4_21-14-15.jpeg upload_2015-10-4_21-14-42.jpeg

I can't find information on this model.
    I don't know if it is original or modified.
    I am trying to find some info on it.
    Thanks in advance.
    Federico.

2. F&J

F&J

If I had to guess, I'd say it was built in Brazil., or modified somewhere in S.A.

I have no idea if Chrysler Corp had a plant there or not.

Where are you? in South America?

3. Federico_NQN

Federico_NQN

I live in Argentina, South America.
    Yes, had a Plant in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    In Argentina the PU was manufactured since 1959. The first manufactured had many imported parts from US.
    I wanted to know if there was this model in the US.
    I "didn't fit" the front of the PU with the rear fenders and taillights.
    It might be the first and for that reason has parts from different generations models. It´s possible?

4. indyjps

indyjps

If you have never seen one before, it will be difficult to find parts in Argentina. If you decide to fix it, make a custom and use what's available.

5. Nope nothing like that in North America, it's incredibly cool though!!

6. Federico_NQN

Federico_NQN

The idea is to place a front clip Dakota, rear end with 4 link triangulated and a Hemi 3rd generation (block 5.7 with intake, exhaust, cam, distribution front and heads 6.1) with 6sp manual.
    The lights, ornaments, and other things they don't get here, buy at a store they can recommend me.

7. Federico_NQN

Federico_NQN

Thanks 57 Fargo. It's incredibly rare...
    Few minutes ago, I find another model similar like this in Colombia, but with another rear fender and tail lights.

8. In the US that box is known as the Dodge "Swept side" box. I've never seen a 4 door version in the US. 1957 Dodge Sweptside Pickup 8.JPG

9. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

The front end and forward portion of the cab are like US models from the late '50s. The wrap around windshield from '56 or '57, the front fenders/grille about '58/'59.

So far as I know, no extended cab of that style was ever built for US versions. However, the bedside treatment, using Dodge station wagon quarter panels was produced for US sales in response to the Chevy Cameo pickups and probably to the original Ford Ranchero. As I recall, they were called the "Sweptline".

The bed of the truck pictured has the same general appearance, especially the taillight area. However, while the fin and bed side panel appear to have been inspired by the US Sweptline, they definitely are not the same parts as used on US models.

Interesting truck......best wishes with your project.

Ray

Edit: Rocky's photo is exactly what I was referring too, above. (Posted while I was typing.......) :D

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  10. Federico_NQN

Federico_NQN

Thanks Rocky.
    Only it has 2 doors and is not see to be welded inside. The second owner bought it when I was 2000 miles and never painted.

Thanks Ray for the info.

11. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

For several decades, Dodge trucks sold outside the US were marketed as Fargo trucks and, in a few instances, DeSoto.

Ray

12. Here is a '58 style US sweptside.....has same door trim as yours
    dodgesweptside1958.jpg

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  13. It looks like his is a "unibody" and while similar, they are not the same box as out sweptsides, I still want one, I do have a few '57's around.....hmmmm

14. it's rare.....double cab.....and the rare bed.....the bed's go for big money.....as well as the double cab power wagon's.....lordy...lordy.....

15. It's not a sweptside bed though....the box sides are welded to the cab and there is no front panel for the box

16. creepjohnny

creepjohnny

17. Federico_NQN

Federico_NQN

Thanks Ray, Rocky, Stillrunners, 57 Fargo and Creepjohnny.
    I think the best word to describe the PU is "rare".

18. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

That's a 58 fargo...at first glance.. but possibly a few years later..
    I wouldn't put it past them to have tried a limited production truck based on a panel truck body. But I cant even say that was the case here. From all I know out of all my history I have studied on 50s to 60s dodge products.. This is very rare.. I normally see the first extended/space/double cab trucks at about 61 to 62.. Saying this is a sweptside bed that is a unibody from what it looks like... This is beyond rare my friend.. These don't come along every day. Limited production numbers off the top of my head would be under 1000 built total could be one of 100 in existence that has been found. Let that sink in. You buying it?

19. Federico_NQN

Federico_NQN

Thanks stubbsroadandcustom for a lot of info.
    Yes I buy it.
    If you need some pic or other information of this model, please only tell me and I give you.