Register now to get rid of these ads!

what did you get done today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4rod, Mar 2, 2013.

1. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Didn't work on pulling the wires to the garage for wiring my sub panel. Gotta check a couple of questions with code enforcement tomorrow, so that project is on hold.

Did go for a drive out to Shabbona Lake.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1444006534.428836.jpg

Where I guess I just missed a gathering of pre war Fords. This guy was still in the parking lot

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1444006602.339305.jpg

And this guy was motoring around, giving a guy and his kids a ride.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1444006648.144016.jpg

He had a nasty looking wobble in the front wheels. He says it only does it at low speed. Something to fix over the winter I guess, it didn't seem to worry him.

Martin Harris likes this.
  2. weps

weps
    from auburn,IN

Spent 3 hours tearing apart a rusted nine inch only to find that it has 28 spline axles,and rusted 2.50 gears:( total waste of time....

3. Got the floor prepped and primered today.

[​IMG]

daddio211 likes this.
  4. Spent the afternoon with paint stripper, Ospho, sandpaper and lacquer thinner getting a pair of '40 wheels ready for primer and new tires...

5. mediumriser

mediumriser
    from Ohio

Loaded my 32 chassis up. And Mom and Dad headed to BeBop's in TN so they can build a 5 window body around my chassis. ( I didn't take it myself because I am working tons of OT to pay for it.)

6. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

I finally figured out how I'm going to install my exhaust hangers and got to it. I did the two all the way to the rear and just about drove myself crazy trying to keep the tips level and evenly spaced. Though I'll admit it's probably not how most people would do it but it works for me. I also stopped over to the guys house doing the bodywork on my 34 tudor and he was throwing some color at it. All in all a pretty good day.

7. jack_pine

jack_pine
    from Motor City

Moved the 61 Coupe de Ville from temp storage following the Git Down show in Chicago to where I keep the car for the winter. Fixed the dome light!

Attached Files:

8. Fished out alternator bracket from the molasses bath, washed, wire brushed and sprayed it with etching primer. The 351 W block, four cylinder heads, rods, rockers, pulleys and some other miscellaneous stuff is still stewing in the 55-gal. drum. 'Possums and 'coons haven't molested it -- yet. Been in little more than a week, so looks like a day of cleaning, drying, painting and oiling will occur just shy of Halloween. Yes, this stuff works!

9. donno

donno

Chased electrical gremlins in the house, (found a defective GFI, swapped it out, problem solved). Didn't touch the cars today. Wet & windy here.

10. Worked on the gas tank for the 32 Ford 3 window build. Testing the tank sender and gauge. Got the webbing on the frame for the body and all the body mount holes punched in it. Primed and painted the new steering arm from Pete & Jakes with a 1 inch step in it I got from Gary at Cornhusker Rods.
    Made a rubber gasket for the tank sending unit.
    My helper ( black lab dog named Crow) wanted to go out and play frisbie a few times as he thought this hot rod building stuff was boring, so we took some time to do it.
    All in all a good day in the shop.

11. Lcats

Lcats
    1. A-D Truckers

I done this. Last motor leaked from everywhere. Also someone installed a airhorn - yes airhorn in a street rod - with liquid nails a whole tube of it. Right side top of wheel well. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1444090405.707864.jpg

12. triman62

triman62

Finished welding patch panels on right rear fender, set a goal to finish the left this month, and one door each for Nov. and Dec. That will be the end of year two. Been getting approximately 500 man hours a year on this project.

13. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Worked on a daily driver installing parking brake cables.

14. aonemarine

aonemarine
    from Delaware

been trying to get the shop cleaned up. Took ot 7 bags of trash so I have room to walk now. Need to move one car over to the shed so I can get some space to work on the Vickey....Blah i hate cleaning, but it is a necessary evil....

15. b-bob

b-bob

Spent the afternoon at the dentist having my lower plate fitted,--OK, then they suggested while I was there, I should have my semi-annual cleaning check-up. I guess they must have been slow today. My teeth were a victim of an accident at work years ago.
    But I did re-arrange my cars in the garage, waiting for the, soon to arrive, rainy season to start some updates on the A this winter.

16. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Well I couldn't take it any more! Tripping over things. Not being able to find what I need to do a task. Bumping into and knocking things over. I spent the entire day cleaning, organizing, rearranging, and putting stuff away in my garage. When you kick that chevy cylinder head for the 1000th time it starts to get to you. I have the body of the tudor coming back soon. If I don't get stuff out of my way I risk the chance of scratching it. The wife's car isn't getting anything done to it so I packed it all in full of shit. In it, under it, around it, and on it (not just piled either). Now I can FINALLY move in there. In the process of putting all my tools away I can barely move my toolboxes because they are so heavy, I have found about 12 jack-stands just in the garage! I even put my vise onto my bench. It will probably work better than sitting under the wife's car. I found time to put my fuel sender in, make some exhausts hangers, and install my new third brake light. And I was actually able to get it done in a reasonable amount of time because I cleaned up and can now find what I need. Funny how that works. I'm off to go fill all my empty allen wrench holders with the correct allen wrenches....what a concept! Note how dirty and cluttered the first picture is and how clean the second one is.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. I removed the original radiator from my '29 Ford and get it ready to go to a new owner. Found an electrical glitch in my bike and repaired it, a man needs transportation doesn't he. :)

Anyway here's pics of something to prove that something happened. :D

rad back.jpg

rad front.jpg

18. Martin Harris

Martin Harris

Put a cap and leads on my distributor, started cleaning up a vintage "Shell" embossed fuel container to convert to a gas tank, started making mounts for it.

19. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

worked on my new shop truck project.
    Be done by spring.

Attached Files:

• 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      199.1 KB
      Views:
    • 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      156 KB
      Views:
    • 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      163.1 KB
      Views:
  20. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Changed the trans fluid in a daily driver and so far no more buzzing sound,need to talk to the trans builder and see why he did not try to find another magnet to put back in the trans pan the previous rebuilder left it out since that trans had a bunch of metal go through it due to wrong parts and the fluid was gritty and the magnet would have helped.

21. Mocked up motor mounts for the Ford using a spare block, bellhousing and 3-speed I had laying around. Plenty of room for the starter and distributor. The mounts will have excess material removed after the finish welding is done.
    MOUNT JIG.jpg TEST FIT.jpg

22. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Woke up my new baby after a long sleep

bobss396 likes this.
  23. 13.jpg

Pulled the 39 body off the frame to clean up and paint the underside.

24. jbon64

jbon64
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

battling hinge screws on my A coupe

25. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Buttoned up a bunch of little things on the 34 chassis. Put the radiator in trans cooler, the exhaust hangers are all done, and I mounted my horn. All in all a productive day.

26. I've been piecing my glass tilt nose back together. It took a hit in a garage cave in several years back with lots of cracks and broken parts. 20151017_172212.jpg frontend.jpg

27. Worked on fabricating new seat brackets and re-locating seats. down lower and back as far as I can get them between roll bar. Waiting on new lightning rods type shifter. Small area to work with in the Model A.

28. Got the front sheet metal and bed off my brothers truck and the engine ready to lift out.

29. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Got my straight six in my 52 running real good.... then (while trying to see just how good it was running) destroyed a u-joint and threw the driveshaft.

30. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Worked on the wifemobile. Still cannot figure out why the rear door controllers are off of the CAN Bus.