Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Stewart Warner gauge lighting

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xon, Oct 4, 2015.

1. xon

xon
    from detroit

i have some older Stewart Warner gauges that I want to use but they don't have the in gauge lighting socket provision but they have the side cut-out lighting windows...was there an adaptor light socket ring for these gauges..and does anybody have a pic of one ...my gauges all have an extra threaded stud that have no real purpose that I can see... Thought that must be for attaching a light socket adaptor ring....thanks for any help

2. ev88f

ev88f

They usually just have a light bulb attached to the back of the guage panel so it shines through the slot

3. google EL wire , wrap it around the gauges for illumination.
    (five speed transmissions are not traditional) 3 speed o/d transmissions are though...... DSCN8558.JPG

4. They used an early panel in the 60s that had the provision for the lights in them. Same panel as today but they no longer have the light provision. Check the parts for sale I just sold some gauges and a panel and there is a rear view so you can see the light provision. Search Stewart Warner gauges and panel.

5. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

It may be a Stewart Warner part but there is a little bracket that goes over the mounting stud that you can install the small light that comes in the newer gauge kits, it is bent in such a way that it puts the light over the plastic slot.

6. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

I have a similar item around the original gauges in my roadster - work great.

7. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Here's the item you need. They work just fine.

dasj_light.JPG

8. xon

xon
    from detroit

Thanks guys great info

Hotrodmyk likes this.