Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 51 ford shoebox

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Eddie51chop, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Eddie51chop

Eddie51chop

Need to know if someone else has tried to reverse front stock spindles

Attached Files:

2. Geezze dude. This story has been around since I was a Pup and I'm near 70 now. Some say it works fine and others say W. T. F? I guess there's nothing like first hand experiance. It's also been beat to death on here. So are you going to try to drive it?
    The Wizzard

Zapato likes this.
  3. I haven't but do a search. Should be lots of threads on this.

4. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Search the 'net. There's info out there that I read before but I don't have the links anymore. I think the biggest issue is that you have to heat and bend the steering arms with some precision to avoid bump steer.

5. frosty-49

frosty-49

Not worth the effort. Drives like shit. I used lowering coils. You will have negative camber to start, but purchase alingment bracket from Jamco and you are good.

6. Eddie51chop

Eddie51chop

I did read about it on here but it was just on how to do it . It worked out really well. I was just wondering if anyone else did it and how it drove

7. OK, Here is the one thing to do. I think anyone should be able to figgure it out. Look at the King Pin. There in lies the problem. Steering arms are a totally seperate issue. Some people will put up with anything to look Kool. Yep, you can make it go strait ahead, but some where you gotta turn around and go back. How well is that going to work out for ya?
    The Wizzard

8. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Buy a pair of lowering uprights and steering arms.Problem solved..

9. Now there is some solid advice.