Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects my flathead build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobbyflathead, Sep 2, 2015.

1. bobbyflathead

bobbyflathead

hi to all on the hamb this is my first time trying to do a build thread so here i go, after reading post on here for years ive decided to build a flathead i like how the dual plug motors run so the first thing i did was cast a twinn distributor timing cover for my engine out of aluminum hope you hambers like it my next try will be some twinn plug heads,lol 029.JPG

2. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

Very nice! you should post pictures of the process.

3. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Looks nice. I don't know where you are located but a fellow in Shaftsbury VT has something similar going on and the engine looks stunning finished.

Pete

4. More please...Im linking this already !!

5. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Wow! Nice job making that distributor cover.:)
    Can't wait to see the heads.
    How did you cast and machine the distributor cover?

6. Now that's talent!
    We've got three flat head cars and I've wondered about the dual plug thing.
    Keep us posted...

7. bobbyflathead

bobbyflathead

i used two timing covers and epoxy to glue them together at the right angles, had to cast a few of them to figure how to compensate for shrinkage im trying to figure out how to machine them now

8. bobbyflathead

bobbyflathead

the one in the pic is the oversized pattern one i use to press in the sand i will have some pics of me trying to machine them tommarow

9. Got to see where this is going.

10. bobbyflathead

bobbyflathead

sorry its been a while ive been kinda distracted fightin other battles i will try to get more pics and progress soon

11. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

How much of a performance boost is dual plugs generally worth?....nice job so far......but you haven't been too far yet!!

12. bobbyflathead

bobbyflathead

yeah i know it dont look it, but it took me like 4 months of workin, solvin problems, arguing with know it all sbc people,which has taken up the most time of anything, the guy makin the prototype ,the patternmaker and the foundry guy are always at each others throats two weeks ago one guy was distracted by the other guy and the third guy almost cut his finger off, they got issues , i have to go with all of them and me to see a shrink every month, chasing parts and transvestites, carving shit out in body filler from my imagination,well not to much imagination because i like the look of the stock ones, this one here is probally my twentyeth try at it, and im allready 6 more prototypes ahead of it since these photos. i have time to mess with it until its really nice mostly because i dont have enough cash to go ahead any other direction on the motor as im shure everyone here knows flathead shit is wicked expensive. i dont belive that there is any performance gain to be had at all ,but im shure it will help burn todays shitty gas a little better , and i have a thing for extra plugs pluss i think twinn plug heads look nice and thats whats coming up the next photo session hopefully, if i can stop my crew from beatin each other up all the time,lol

13. bobbyflathead

bobbyflathead

hey i checked out your instagram pics ,nice nice

14. bobbyflathead

bobbyflathead

i cast them, its been covered on here before so i figured id leave it out

15. bobbyflathead

bobbyflathead

i hope his something similar is different enough than mine,lol,

16. bobbyflathead

bobbyflathead

im not into doing casting pics cause there is a thread on here allready i believe for that

17. bobbyflathead

bobbyflathead

ill have more pics out soon,lol,as soon as i get my shit together

18. bobbyflathead

bobbyflathead

i sandcast the cover and i havent been able to finish machine one ,lol,cause i dont have any machines,lol, so im taking my time and perfecting the casting hopefully to not need machining at all, well except the dizzy holes

19. bobbyflathead

bobbyflathead

i like dual plugs mostly for no reason at all ,other than they look cool

20. bobbyflathead

bobbyflathead

20150924_170425.jpg 20150924_170419.jpg well here is my finished timing cover

cadillacoffin likes this.
  21. jhl1963

jhl1963
    from ny

Looks very nice - what heads are you planning on?

22. bobbyflathead

bobbyflathead

i plan on casting my own twin plug heads also

patmanta and cadillacoffin like this.
  23. bobbyflathead

bobbyflathead

ok i need a couple days to do the heads im working on making a blower that takes m90 internals but looks old style and takes carbs

24. Any news on your twin plug heads project?

queencityrocker likes this.