Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dodge This - 1939 Dodge Southeast Gasser Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Dog_Patch, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Thanks AJ ! It would be cool if you brought the digger down to Greer Nov 7th ;)

9sectruck and 30dodgeboy like this.
  2. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Tony,
    Thought you were having a set of rear wheels drilled with screws ?

3. Having a hard time drilling holes in history :confused: think the bigger tire will want to spin at 10psi? The 9" tires only spun a little - like 1/2" per event.

4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Sounds like when you lose buy 1/2 inch you will put screws in.

30dodgeboy likes this.
  5. The wheels are a good upgrade!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  6. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Guess there is only one way to find out! Why don't you just give me a set of your mag wheels and i'll drill holes in them for me ;)

stealthcruiser likes this.
  7. Hahahaha that's funny right there Salty. I see you are thinking of coming to Reynolds Ga Nov 7th. I hate that the two events are on the same day.

8. So what mag wheels did you miss out on ? Were you planning to drill em?

9. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Where is that track at ?
    The whole plan is to git my wife to the coast and a drag race in for me.
    Its like a win win one for her and one for me.

10. Its south of Atlanta like maybe 2 hours? Its a very high quality track it compares to Byron as far as the track. Its bit off the beaten path. Nice back country drive to get to it.

Finn Jensen and II FUNNY like this.
  11. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Your a Byron fan now?

Dog_Patch and 30dodgeboy like this.
  12. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I know I am.
    Going up there on the 12th

30dodgeboy and II FUNNY like this.
  13. You'll be drilling those wheels when you get tired of getting drilled in 60 ft. Marc didn't want to moleste ours either, first pass one move 1/4", the other moved 5/8". I told him to look away, or take a walk, cause history was about to get "screwed"! I used stainless machine screws like Quain, so they look more old school.

14. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I'll have to find it but I have a pic of the Stone Woods and Cook car with rim screws.

Dog_Patch and 30dodgeboy like this.
  15. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

They were 5 spoke americans ( torq thrust) 15x10 went for 850 bucks shipped :( im still pissed shouldve bid on them

16. Yes sir - long drive but very worth it.

Not sure why but I never got hooked on the 5 spokes. There will be more mag for sale closer to Christmas and after Christmas - right now everyone is doing the car thing. Mag is cheaper in the winter :)

II FUNNY and 30dodgeboy like this.
  17. Getting ready for tomorrow at Union SC - these crank case vents were sucking oil out when they were mounted on the valley pan - think I was told they would o_O had to try it. So the chrome MARINE covers go back on the wall and its old school silver paint now :D

no_chrome.jpg

allwilly, stealthcruiser and cs39ford like this.
  18. Danny G

Danny G

I like your injector cover

Dog_Patch likes this.
  19. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

If your talking about the 5 spoke spindle mounts, you never got hooked on them because they were never on a legal gasser in the mid 60s. NHRA rule said gassers had to have front brakes so the spindle mounts from back in the day wouldn't work. Dragsters and altered's used them a lot, then funny cars in the 70s.
    That wheel company that makes the fake ones sure got rich making people believe they are gasser wheels.

loudbang and Dog_Patch like this.
  20. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I have the 1966 and 1967 AHRA rules, and there is nothing in the Gas coupe/sedan rules requiring brakes...and A/G has no minimum weight...0-6.99 lbs per CI...maybe this is where the confusion lies...too many sanctioning bodies with different rules.

21. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

22. 69fury

69fury

Might look a little busier than you want with the header evac line running from the front, but if you swap covers side to side and put the evac up front, you may get less valve train oil sucked out on the launch. Bitchin ride! -rick

stealthcruiser and Dog_Patch like this.
  23. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Wow that is interesting, I had never looked at an AHRA rule book. NHRA which is the one we base our rules from does require front brakes. No weight rule is even more interesting, Kip i'm going to put you on the research team for SEG.

30dodgeboy, Dog_Patch and II FUNNY like this.
  24. Now that's an idea! If the oil is sucking too bad still that's a 10 minute swap at the track. But yeah the idea was to keep the hoses and all less busy.

25. Thanks Danny - my buddy 3dnsouth is golden - check his 34 truck build thread, he build the entire interior in that and it's A+ work.

26. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Tim has a build thread? What the hay! Good luck at Union tomorrow i gotta stay close to home during the holidays. Hopefully get some more work in on Vickys frame ; )

27. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

I'm reading that thread right now and amazed by the work!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  28. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Dog_Patch likes this.
  29. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Tims truck is AMAZING! A birdie told me that a certain 39 Dodge was on the bumper today ; ) WHERES THE WHEELIE FOOTAGE!?!

sonic03bluegt likes this.