Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Bubba Bugg--- did he leave NSRA?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bill Rinaldi, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

I had a conversation recently with a friend who is knowledgable about the NSRA and he said that Bubba Bugg had stepped down from his position of one of the heads on the group. Just wondered if this is true. BILL RINALDI

2. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I'm at the Nats today in Louisville and no Bubba or his wife at the show. Did crab ass Vern Walker sell all his signs to buy Bubba out?

3. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I can't comment on the situation but Bubba was a true southern gentlemen in all the dealings I ever had with NSRA. I knew his father also over the years, both first class individuals and true Hot Rodders.

4. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Spoke to some one with credibility at the NSRA louisville Nats. Bubba has resigned his position with the NSRA, basically stating its time to live a life for himself and his family. Good for him. As Pewsplace stated, Bubba is a true Southern Gentleman. Respectful, polite and always made you feel your conversation was important. I was an official with NSRA for 20 years and worked with Gilbert, Bubba's dad and remember Bubba as a kid. His dad was always fair with me, even when there were an issue to be resolved. I sincerely hope all goes well for Bubba and his family. BILL RINALDI

olcurmdgeon likes this.

5. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

yep,----Times do change!

6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I worked with Bubba in the builders showcase and when I built the 2004 giveaway car and he was always courteous to me. Always made me feel like my contributions were important. It was a different story as a vendor and the people in NSRA I dealt with there.

7. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

so does he still own part of the NSRA?

8. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

I certainly can't answer that question, when Bubba's dad Gilbert passed on, it was assumed Gibert's part of the partnership/ownership was passed on to his family. Bubba certainly stepped up as a large part of the NSRA management group. As in most joint owner ship situations, who owns what is answered "on a need to know" basis. I guess thats probably the answer to your question. BILL RINALDI

9. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I know who owns what and what %. I just wondered if Bubba sold his part.

10. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'm not a member but your answer seems rather smug sounding to me.
    I would assume that the membership would be in the know as far as ownership went and possibly shareholders (if any existed).
    Of course I could be wrong, it has happened before :D

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  11. If I remember correctly, the U.S. Post Office info required to be published in Street Scene, listed Walker, Bubba and Bubba's sister as owners. You should be able to tell the next time the info appears if there has been a change in ownership.