Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage PurdueSD's 2015 Frog Follies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PurdueSD, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Ive been going to this show since i could walk. It's in my hometown and i live a whopping 3 miles from the fairgrounds. This was my first year entering a car, pretty awesome deal for me!

The frog follies is a pre-49 show in Evansville IN. Its in its 42nd year and was said to have around 4500 cars this year. The show is definitely dominated by street rods, but there are all types of genres in attendance. Pre-registration is $15 which gets admission for two all weekend, a free T-shirt , a free dinner, breakfast and this year they gave away prizes including a 32 glass roadster body/frame, a crate engine and a bunch more. No purchasing tickets, your entry fee got you entered. All the proceeds from the show go to easter seals. Helping kids and adults with disabilities. I am not affiliated with the club that puts it on, but i am impressed with the job e'ville iron does. Cokes are a buck, sausage burgers $1.50... its a really refreshing deal. Spectators are 5 bucks and kids under 12 are free. And there is a really good large swap!

We need more hambers at this show!

I'm really bad at remembering to take pictures, but here are a few i did get....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my beatiful prego wife and my crazy 4yo boy!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    Tim likes this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Six of us put together a HAMB meet and greet at noon on Sat. Despite announcing it here on the board, only three members showed up. What's up with this?

4. henry29

henry29

I can only two see two of your pics.

5. I had family stop by around 11:00 on Saturday so I'd didn't make it up the hill. Not sure what you're getting at...?

Anybody else having this problem? I think it might be a hamb problem, the sites been acting goofy, all the pics are hosted in my hamb gallery.

6. larry k

larry k

I looked for the hamb sign by the potty's ???? But found none , so I missed it !

7. tricky steve

tricky steve
    from fenton,mo.

I also looked for a HAMB sign by the potty house.. missed it!

maybe next year, we can get more organized,and have some fun, putting a face with the names !
    great idea, but I could not find a sign.. I are a dummy..

8. This one is on my bucket list. HRP

9. Yep, can't see them either. Just two of them. Will check the gallery.

10. The only album showing for Frog's Follies is from 2009...

11. That was odd... For some reason he album was marked private...? Fixed now I think @Speedy Canuck

12. And now all your pictures show up too. Good show from what I see.

13. I enjoyed your car all weekend, especially when you were cruising around attempting to idle that hemi!

14. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looks like fun! It's about 1200 miles round trip but it's still tempting

15. I triple dog dare ya!

16. Hey @PurdueSD, The tub is awesome. One of my favorites at the event.

17. Thanks man! @bchrismer

I talked to a couple of you Missouri guys, hard to keep em straight, ha. Are you the one I talked to at the top of the hill Saturday afternoon?

18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

He's the one with the mustache

bchrismer likes this.
  19. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Dang a triple dog dare :0

bchrismer likes this.
  20. Gman0046

Gman0046

HRP, if you do decide to attend the Frog Follies just be sure to look for a motel room way in advance. Like right now for next years event. Finding a decent motel is about the only down side of attending the Frogs. You can also try Henderson, Kentucky which is just across the river from Evansville.

GARY

21. Yeah, Like @Tim said, I'm the one with the mustache. We talked up at the top of the hill and I was digging the white engine and was asking about the Grey paint that you used on the accessories.

PurdueSD likes this.
  22. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

PurdueSD, when I visited with you, you were parked down in the shade near the front gate. I think it was Friday morning. It was good to meet you. I like your tub. Sam

23. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

With that being said, what is the "host " hotel?

24. @B.A.KING

There really isn't any type of host hotel. All the happenings are at the Vanderburgh County 4h fairgrounds, so center your search around that. There are a bunch of hotels along Hwy 41 in both directions. The Hampton inn by the airport is close and recently renovated.