Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Info to the 1950 Chevrolet of Hector Arevalo "Renegades C.C."

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by ironpumpkin, Apr 16, 2014.

1. greybeard360

greybeard360

Something about the rear window doesn't look right. In the old photos it is one piece glass and the upper corners are rounded. It also looks like the roof is now a little taller (along with different back window). The trim around the windshield is different too.

2. ironpumpkin

ironpumpkin
    from Italy

Yes in the old pics the rear glass is in one piece and in the years after the glass is split in three piece.If you saw the structure around the glass has been changed at a later time.the car has been restored mounted and dismounted a lot of times and sure is changed a little.

3. ironpumpkin

ironpumpkin
    from Italy

I have measured the top three years ago and respect to the original top is chopped four inches....all is possible but consequently at my search back through the years it is always result the car correct....

4. 'Mo

'Mo

FAN-tastic!

I'm glad your persistence has finally paid off, Ironpumpkin!
    Sorry about your personal issues. Here's hoping that things will improve, and that you will be able to finish the car.
    It is a beauty, and must be much admired in Italy!

5. ironpumpkin

ironpumpkin
    from Italy

Thanks 'Mo for your words and your thoughts,sure in the future things will improve!!!
    In Italy the Custom Culture"Period Correct"isn't yet understood by all.
    For some years now are changing!!All is difficult and expensive but the passion....

6. Trigger7113

Trigger7113

Hello David, I'm sorry to hear about your families Healthy Prayers ho out to you! It's a shame people just didn't leave the car the way it was, it was Beautiful!! Hopefully you won't have to sell it and make it your own. Hector is in the process of building another st this time as well!!

7. ironpumpkin

ironpumpkin
    from Italy

Thanks for your word,uauuu so beautiful that Hector is in process of building another....Please if isn't a disturb can you ask Hector if it has a photo of the car in the "Glory Days"????
    Thank youuu

8. 41hemi

41hemi

You've done a great job with the car. It looks fantastic!!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. ironpumpkin

ironpumpkin
    from Italy

Thank you 41hemi!!

10. myold88

myold88
    from ct

ironpumpkin: Interesting car and story on your Chevy but I'm asking about the '60 Impala on the cover of Customs Illistrated. It has N.Y. plates and I remember a red '60 Impala with the same rumble seat in Garden City, N.Y. around 1961-62. Could you check that article to see if it's the same car.... Thanks.

11. ironpumpkin

ironpumpkin
    from Italy

Of course myold88......a moment!!

12. ironpumpkin

ironpumpkin
    from Italy

Is it the car that have write you???? ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1441310580.053331.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1441310642.061576.jpg

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  13. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Hector passed away Saturday

14. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

It’s a shame that David never got to connect with Hector before he died. I think it would have been a great day for both parties. RIP Hector, and all the best to David.